Hangers for my golf sweaters...?

When I fold I end up with wrinkles. My wife yells at me because of the wrinkles in my sweaters. How do you avoid the wrinkles?

You fold properly. Put the sweater face down - then fold the sides and arms in - then fold in half lengthwise - neatly without lumps.

I am afraid that if people saw my closet and chest of drawers they might accuse me of being Rainman.

Any chance you'll be free in June to join me in Vegas?

Any chance you'll be free in June to join me in Vegas?

You're on. But I am going to need a few things first...

Spoiler
Rain%20Man.bmp

I seriously can't believe no one has posted this yet:

wire-hangers.jpg

We were waiting for you Claire!

You definetly want plastic hangers. They are much better for your sweaters than wire hangers.

oy vey, sweaters don't belong on hangers!!! Keep them folded. If you get them dry cleaned - keep the paper inside -helps keep the shape and reduce wrinkles. But if you MUST use a hanger, keep them folder over the hanger like the way you would get them back from the dry cleaners. Check out 'skinny hangers' if you need space! Hands down the best hangers on the market. The felt covering help prevent the sweater from slipping off...and I think they come with shoulder caps to prevent 'sweater nipples'...LOL

I am a little obsessed with folding sweaters. I actually used to use a clipboard to perfectly fold my sweaters...I know, it's totally nuts. Guess, that's what happens when you work at The Gap in your childhood..brainwashed for life!!

Funny post!

Ive got a Lands End argyle sweater that I wont put on a hanger. The material is so soft that it stretches too much. Its a really comfy sweater, but the fact that I cant hang it up (have to lay it out to let it dry) is kind of annoying.
Ive also got a Mizuno Windlite golf sweater that is a lot more sturdy (Im guessing because it has a nylong lining that the LE seater doesnt) and I hang that one up all the time to let it dry and then I fold it and put it away.

Back