I did notice Tiger seemed like he was trying...I heard far more "Tiger! Geesh!" than the usual "€#

Completely agree. He is at least trying. I'm Irish and am a notorious potty mouth. When my son started being able to repeat the words he was hearing I said I was going to change. Let me tell you it is not easy at all especially in situations where you normally curse. For Tiger it is the course. For me it is in the car when the Nascar drivers here in NC are rubbing and racing all over the road. It's not easy and for Nantz to call him out is ridiculous. Give him some time. If in a year he is still cursing up a storm then by all means have at him. I mean last year Tiger would have said far worse than GD. Heck the spectators would have been lucky to not end up with a club in their face

TRUE, chunklover

do....or do not....there is no try.

I did notice Tiger seemed like he was trying...I heard far more "Tiger! Geesh!" than the usual "€#

Spoiler
yoda-do-or-do-not.jpg

Ummm he got outplayed by the guys that finished ahead of him. The excuse that he did not play is LAUGHABLE. He was not hurt and could have played anytime he wanted to. He chose to take the time off after having his cover blown. In golf there are no teams. if you do not win, you got outplayed by the people that finished ahead of you.

He absolutely got outplayed and there's no argument there.

But why is it "LAUGHABLE" that his chops were a bit off because he took time off? Anyone who stays away from the game for four or five months is going to be a little rusty and I don't think that the reason why he took the time off has anything to do with it. Time away from the game is time away from the game no matter how you slice it.

-JP

He absolutely got outplayed and there's no argument there.

But why is it "LAUGHABLE" that his chops were a bit off because he took time off? Anyone who stays away from the game for four or five months is going to be a little rusty and I don't think that the reason why he took the time off has anything to do with it. Time away from the game is time away from the game no matter how you slice it.

-JP

He had his time to practice and chose not to. He got more warm up rounds at Augusta than any other player in the field. AND IT WAS HIS CHOICE!

You knew it was coming from Tiger fans (not referring to you JP). If he won it was "See, I told ya so" and when he flat out got outplayed by Phil it was "well he took time off".

The guy is the king of taking time off. He misses more events than he plays, he hand selects his tour stops very carefully. He only missed two, maybe three events that he would have played in. Not that big of a deal.

He had his time to practice and chose not to. He got more warm up rounds at Augusta than any other player in the field. AND IT WAS HIS CHOICE!

You knew it was coming from Tiger fans (not referring to you JP). If he won it was "See, I told ya so" and when he flat out got outplayed by Phil it was "well he took time off".

The guy is the king of taking time off. He misses more events than he plays, he hand selects his tour stops very carefully. He only missed two, maybe three events that he would have played in. Not that big of a deal.

Well, to be fair, the only thing I would say in his defense as far as time off is concerned would be that he might have helped himself had he played at Bay Hill or some other tournament to get used to the feel of everything again. Even Jack - who was the king of taking time off - would not have played a major as his "first" tournament after a long layoff.

Still, 11 under for a guy who didn't play for a while (for whatever reason) and who didn't play a warmup event is still not too shabby.

But Phil played his heart out and he deserved to win and I'm happy for him.

-JP

Well, to be fair, the only thing I would say in his defense as far as time off is concerned would be that he might have helped himself had he played at Bay Hill or some other tournament to get used to the feel of everything again. Even Jack - who was the king of taking time off - would not have played a major as his "first" tournament after a long layoff.

Still, 11 under for a guy who didn't play for a while (for whatever reason) and who didn't play a warmup event is still not too shabby.

But Phil played his heart out and he deserved to win and I'm happy for him.

-JP

I agree with you to an extent, but nobody kept Tiger playing from those events, but Tiger. And he got more practice rounds and days in at Augusta than anybody else in the field. The truth is, when push came to shove he got outplayed.

I agree with you to an extent, but nobody kept Tiger playing from those events, but Tiger. And he got more practice rounds and days in at Augusta than anybody else in the field. The truth is, when push came to shove he got outplayed.

Agreed.

-JP

I can agree w/ that. I hate excuses and Tiger himself didn't make any for his finish. He was upset about how he played, hence him being in a foul mood in the interview w/ Kostas after the final day.

However, even Tiger can't win them all, and Phil deserves a lot of credit for winning. He played great.

BUT, I think Phil should savor the win, because I doubt Tiger allows this to happen again anytime soon.

BUT, I think Phil should savor the win, because I doubt Tiger allows this to happen again anytime soon.

You are a funny guy, Tiger has zero to say about how well Phil plays. Right now it's Phil 1 & Tiger 0. Might be that way for awhile too.

CBS and most were speculating the highest golf ratings of all time and record breaking numbers. Many, and I mean MANY, are talking about it daily as being not even close to what they expected.

All I can say is that the people who did not tune in missed one of the best golf events I have seen in several years. There was enough action from so many different players that you could find someone to root for. There were just a lot of great story lines in this one. Just to see Phil's shot onto the green from out of the trees would have been enough to satisfy most spectators.

All I can say is that the people who did not tune in missed one of the best golf events I have seen in several years. There was enough action from so many different players that you could find someone to root for. There were just a lot of great story lines in this one. Just to see Phil's shot onto the green from out of the trees would have been enough to satisfy most spectators.

I agree. Some are saying best ever. Good golf ratings. But compared to what they were expecting, it pales. Its a shame really, because it was one heck of a tournament.

You are a funny guy, Tiger has zero to say about how well Phil plays. Right now it's Phil 1 & Tiger 0. Might be that way for awhile too.

You're absolutely right.

As far as being that way for awhile.

I disagree. :act-up:

I still cannot turn on the Golf Channel without hearing about Tigers blastfamy. I've had enough. Right, wrong, good or bad, go away Jim Nantz. I do not, nor do I advocate using the Lords name in vain. To be exact, I hate it to the point of saying a quick little prayer for those who heard it, OK I'm Lutheran. However, get off it already. Can we not give him some time? Let's see here, the alcoholic get's time to change his way's, the bank robber just gets time, (lol), even the weatherman makes mistakes, come on now and give a little time!

golf is a very emotional and frustrating game,and im sorry but the truth is no one had more focus on them than tiger,people are creatures of habit and geez man give me a break this was his first outing i mean it will take some time. i think he would have been alot worse last year so i did see restraint but i think some people will forever cast judgment no matter what he does,i think to some their minds are already made up when it comes to tiger

While I agree with what you said, lets not forget that Tiger's own actions are the cause of that. Nothing else.

Back