Most Taxed States

well good ol OHIO didnt make the most taxed or the most tax friendly list either

Carolina's are on our list to visit.... How is the teaching job market? :)

Well if you make it down this way let me know and I will show you around the important stuff ;). Great job market here right now.

Finding a job won't be bad at all however the pay is low compared to a lot of states. They are pushing some changes right now that should change that though. Plus if you ever had the desire to teach at a college level a ton of great schools are in the Raleigh area. Pm me if you have note questions cost of living etc.

Finding a job won't be bad at all however the pay is low compared to a lot of states. They are pushing some changes right now that should change that though. Plus if you ever had the desire to teach at a college level a ton of great schools are in the Raleigh area. Pm me if you have more questions cost of living etc.

Yes, We're #1!!! :beat-up:

We definitely pay for "shoveling sunshine" year around. Unfortunately, our State's tax system is weighted towards personal income taxes so if/when personal income drops it creates a huge revenue shortfall for the State. I guess the lawmakers were thinking ahead, since alot of the businesses that can have fled CA.

Moved from Ma. to SC. and my property taxes went from $6000 to $600 a year My old town didn't pick up my trash and my new town doesn't either so I'm ahead $5400 and still go the the dump once a week. Also I don't have 'spend it all Deval' as governor!

Finding a job won't be bad at all however the pay is low compared to a lot of states. They are pushing some changes right now that should change that though. Plus if you ever had the desire to teach at a college level a ton of great schools are in the Raleigh area. Pm me if you have note questions cost of living etc.

"The pay is low" is being kind. NC is in the bottom 5 nationally in terms of pay for teachers, and the situation isn't getting any better with the current regime that is in place there. I have friends that are teachers and I feel pretty bad for them.

A little surprised to see Minnesota on there, but everything else is right as I would have expected.

MN has a lot going for it as a place to take up residence but an efficient & financially responsible state government isn't one of them.

Hmm interesting. We've talked about there before. First search for mechanical engineer jobs pops up with one offering relocation assistance :D
"The pay is low" is being kind. NC is in the bottom 5 nationally in terms of pay for teachers, and the situation isn't getting any better with the current regime that is in place there. I have friends that are teachers and I feel pretty bad for them.
Any clue how it compares to cost of living? Pretty high here in Illinois.

As mentioned, really surprised MA isn't on there. I do find it funny though that a lot of the neighbors are.

Northeast corridor has some great views and exciting places to visit but from a tax perspective definitely not the place to be. The taxes is one of the reasons I haven't moved back to Buffalo. MD is bad but not that bad. Next move is south or southwest preferable a state with good golfing and no state income tax.

Maryland sucks... I think they may disguise it better. Remember - it's a fee, not a "tax"!

Yes it is wake county is finally giving raises this year so hopefully the trend continues

Maryland sucks... I think they may disguise it better. Remember - it's a fee, not a "tax"!

Nothing like being hit up for mother nature dropping some water on us. Property tax jumped several hundred this year in Anne Arundel but no increase in my property value.

There's a definite pattern in both lists but I won't go there.

Funny....no southern conservative states on the list. Maybe we do know a little about what we're doing down here.

I'm a life long resident of NJ and enjoy living here. I knew it would break into the top 5 of something! LOL

You could move to FL and be a least taxed state...but run the risk of a sink hole eating you.

So I've moved to the most taxed state in the country. Although, compared to the UK, the various taxes even here in California are low!

Shocked NJ isnt number 1. We have the highest property taxes in the country.

I believe we have you beat in Westchester County, NY, but I'm sure you aren't far behind lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Here in BC we have it rough 7.5% gst,5% pst. Adds up to a huge ammount.

Property tax in NY is what is driving us out. I'm at just a hair under $18,000 per year (Rockland County). Not a typo.

We were halfway to the Raleigh, NC area before my wife's job offered her a heckuva incentive to come back. Two year plan now is tentative for the Charlotte area so we can buy across the border into SC for massive savings on property tax compared to NY and lotsa home for the money.

Little surprise that CA tops that list

Wow they all seam low compared to here. Our GST is 15%, and our Government takes about .76 cents a litre of petrol which at the moment is up to $2.28 for 98 octane. Our personal tax starts at 10.5cents up to 33cents for every dollar earned, so 10.5%-33% tax.

Back