TaylorMade SLDR S Driver & Metal Woods

Andy I hope when this driver comes out it works great for you man. Say you get something to put some more yards on your driver and you'll be turning that bogey golf into par golf my friend.
I couldn't agree more, I have been less than thrilled with both the SLDR and JetSpeed. I have high hopes that this line will suit my game!

I couldn't agree more, I have been less than thrilled with both the SLDR and JetSpeed. I have high hopes that this line will suit my game!
I never hit the Jetspeed, but would have loved to give it a go out on the course, however with it going away that tells me just about all I need to know about it.

I never hit the Jetspeed, but would have loved to give it a go out on the course, however with it going away that tells me just about all I need to know about it.

I couldn't tell a huge difference between the Jetspeed and SLDR. They both felt really harsh to me, I don't think I generate enough swing speed for a cog forward driver.

I couldn't tell a huge difference between the Jetspeed and SLDR. They both felt really harsh to me, I don't think I generate enough swing speed for a cog forward driver.
Interesting that you found them to be so similar.

Unforgiving & unforgiving is not a good line.

Interesting that you found them to be so similar.

Unforgiving & unforgiving is not a good line.

Very true, they need something for us mere mortals.

Taylormades push of products lowers the cost of stuff from last year so quick... I'd like to thank them for that. Stuff selling for $400 last year is under $200 this year.....and then you get the full year review and not the new club wishful thinking review pumped full of promo thoughts....Pump em out TM...golf heaven

I would image that the new line will still be forward cg i can't imagine them abandoning that campaign yet i have i did here they might have a 10* 12* 14* and 16* 460 head in the S

The forward CG is not going anywhere soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would image that the new line will still be forward cg i can't imagine them abandoning that campaign yet i have i did here they might have a 10* 12* 14* and 16* 460 head in the S

According to the OP, these are suppose to be less cg forward than the original SLDR, I'm hoping that is true and that is will make a difference for me. I realize I may be grasping at straws here, but I really need to find a current TM driver I can game in July. Right now, I wouldn't trade my R1 for anything they are offering.

According to the OP, these are suppose to be less cg forward than the original SLDR, I'm hoping that is true and that is will make a difference for me. I realize I may be grasping at straws here, but I really need to find a current TM driver I can game in July. Right now, I wouldn't trade my R1 for anything they are offering.

My guess is it will be back to a similar area to where the Stage 2 had it, which is forward compared to most companies, but located more in the centre portion of the head. Though that is strictly speculation.

I don't think the will move it much maybe a SLDR head with CG of JetSpeed but they are after that 17/1700 launch condition so i don't think they will mess with the CG
much. AS for you MC Driver i would guess the will want you to Loft UP and get a little forgiveness that way

From what my source has told me the S in SLDR S stands for silver it is just a lower cost bonded silver SLDR

I don't think the will move it much maybe a SLDR head with CG of JetSpeed but they are after that 17/1700 launch condition so i don't think they will mess with the CG
much. AS for you MC Driver i would guess the will want you to Loft UP and get a little forgiveness that way

From what my source has told me the S in SLDR S stands for silver it is just a lower cost bonded silver SLDR

If that is the case, then I will be hitting 3 wood off the tee. Forward cg drivers and I do not get along.

If that is the case, then I will be hitting 3 wood off the tee. Forward cg drivers and I do not get along.

I would see what they can do at the fitting and see if they can find a combo that works maybe a shorter shaft or the 16* might work
maybe since TM owns Adams the XTD could be used but that is a question for TM to answer

I dont discuss pre-release gear, but your source might not be correct.

I dont discuss pre-release gear, but your source might not be correct.

He might be he just saw it did not hit it he was testing the irons

I would see what they can do at the fitting and see if they can find a combo that works maybe a shorter shaft or the 16* might work
maybe since TM owns Adams the XTD could be used but that is a question for TM to answer

You may well be right about a fitting, maybe with the right shaft I could see better results.

Anyone hitting this driver? Mine getting it's first go tomorrow in first round of club champ match play. Gales predicted, hopefully it is low spin as my xhot spins like a top!

Been playing mine since the Morgan Cup.

And? How was it with the stock shaft or did youorder it with the gd?
Ordered with the GD. Me and the stock shaft are no bueno.

Anyone hitting this driver? Mine getting it's first go tomorrow in first round of club champ match play. Gales predicted, hopefully it is low spin as my xhot spins like a top!
it is very similar to the Regular SLDR so you will get your low spin but the stock shaft is not the greatest works for some but most do not seem to like it

For those that have used both the original SLDR and the SLDR S how much difference is there between the 2 other than the adjustable neck?

From what I have read the original SLDR isn't that forgiving if your not in the centre of the club face.

Taylormade are doing "loft up" days, with one reasonably close to where I live. I am really tempted to go along and try a 14* or 16* (if they have them). Despite how popular golf is in Thailand trying to find somewhere to actually go and get fitted and test clubs is pretty hard.

For those that have used both the original SLDR and the SLDR S how much difference is there between the 2 other than the adjustable neck?

From what I have read the original SLDR isn't that forgiving if your not in the centre of the club face.

Taylormade are doing "loft up" days, with one reasonably close to where I live. I am really tempted to go along and try a 14* or 16* (if they have them). Despite how popular golf is in Thailand trying to find somewhere to actually go and get fitted and test clubs is pretty hard.
People in the know say it's the same exact head as the og SLDR. Personally I found the 14° SLDRs much more user friendly than the 12° SLDR I tried when they came out. Whether that's because of the added loft or just in my head I don't know.

They are the same head, however without the adjustments, TaylorMade was able to hit a different price point. Since JetSpeed was not going well early on, in my opinion this was a chance to jump in with another model and capitilize on the SLDR "success". The added loft in these models was out of necessity.

Back