Flylow

Reaction score
Last year was my first year of playing golf. I picked up a used set of Ping I3's and a Taylormade R580 driver from the local classifieds and signed up for lessons. I told myself that if I liked the game I would get a new set this year.

After hitting just about everything I could get my hands on and reading everything I could I finally layed down my hard earned money and bought some new clubs. I ended up getting a set of Titleist AP1 irons, a TM R9 460 driver, and a TM R9 4-wood.

I went to the local course to play a quick 9 the next day. Last year my best 9 hole round was a 41. I shot a 43 first time out! To say I am pleased is an understatement! I even had a 5 foot putt for Eagle on the ninth hole, but missed it. :( I made the Birdie putt though. I am sure I can improve this year.

I am now looking for some nice, forgiving wedges. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

there are lots of reviews on here for different wedges but my fav's are the cleveland CG's.

Last year was my first year of playing golf. I picked up a used set of Ping I3's and a Taylormade R580 driver from the local classifieds and signed up for lessons. I told myself that if I liked the game I would get a new set this year.

After hitting just about everything I could get my hands on and reading everything I could I finally layed down my hard earned money and bought some new clubs. I ended up getting a set of Titleist AP1 irons, a TM R9 460 driver, and a TM R9 4-wood.

I went to the local course to play a quick 9 the next day. Last year my best 9 hole round was a 41. I shot a 43 first time out! To say I am pleased is an understatement! I even had a 5 foot putt for Eagle on the ninth hole, but missed it. :( I made the Birdie putt though. I am sure I can improve this year.

I am now looking for some nice, forgiving wedges. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Having a set of clubs that you're completely happy with is like slipping into a pair of comfortable old shoes. That comfort is, in many ways, more important than all the technical stuff and swing mechanics because even if you "knew" everything, without a set of clubs you love, it just wouldn't "feel" right.

I'm glad you've found your setup. :thumb:

(Of course, you DO realize that from here on in you can't blame the clubs anymore) :nono:

Good luck with your new gear!

-JP

Niblicks!

AP1s and TM R9 . . . that's a nice combination. If I was shopping for new wedges, I'd be sure to check out the Cleveland and Titleist stuff.

The wedge shoot out from last year may be a good place to start. While some companies have new offerings, it will give you a general idea.

Having a set of clubs that you're completely happy with is like slipping into a pair of comfortable old shoes. That comfort is, in many ways, more important than all the technical stuff and swing mechanics because even if you "knew" everything, without a set of clubs you love, it just wouldn't "feel" right.

I'm glad you've found your setup. :thumb:

(Of course, you DO realize that from here on in you can't blame the clubs anymore) :nono:

Good luck with your new gear!

-JP

Oh how wrong you are, you can always blame everything on the clubs :)

Back