Indoor Putting Greens

Is having a recessed puting green an option? Something that you could step down into to putt? That would help keep all the missed putts in one place

Is having a recessed puting green an option? Something that you could step down into to putt? That would help keep all the missed putts in one place

Not for us it is not, because it would involve digging up this tile floor.

having seen your staff bag area i would think that a custom made putting green would be the perfect fit. you could construct (or have someone construct) something that naturally hugs/fits the side of the room. i think if it looks like it's naturally built to fit in there then you'd take better advantage of that space.

i know you say you're not handy but surely there's a company that can offer a custome installation service. i just think that would be more of your style.

I thought you would say that but just checking. didn't know how banzai you wanted to get with the project

Not for us it is not, because it would involve digging up this tile floor.

GG is on board, now the fun part begins....Finding the one we want.

awesome stuff! although i think it's pretty cool that it boils down to her decision. you go GG!! are you leaning towards something that's portable or something permanent?

Kind of a combo between the two.

have something custom built so that it fits that room. are you wanting it on the left side of the room (as if you're walking thru the front door)?

It will be right in front of the staff bags.

hmm, i thought it might look best being situated against the wall and then some of it could be used to set the staff bags on. i might be invisioning something way to big than what you are. you know i have to live vicariously through you guys when it comes to this stuff.

I would love to do that too TC, but not sure we can pull it off. I am thinking something like 4x12.

I would love to do that too TC, but not sure we can pull it off. I am thinking something like 4x12.

that would make more sense seeing as how most substrate materials are 4' wide. i still think that it would be worth it to bump it to 5/6' wide in order to display the staff bags in a more golf like manner.

are there any local companies that can custom build putting greens? it would be really cool to have something with rounder edges, kinda like an hour glass, that's about 4' wide at its narrowest point.

GG is da woman! Way to go GG!!!!

Re: Indoor Putting Greens

JB said:
It is gonna be sweet. Congrats!

that would make more sense seeing as how most substrate materials are 4' wide. i still think that it would be worth it to bump it to 5/6' wide in order to display the staff bags in a more golf like manner.

are there any local companies that can custom build putting greens? it would be really cool to have something with rounder edges, kinda like an hour glass, that's about 4' wide at its narrowest point.

That would be cool. But then cost becomes a factor. And certainly if we are working on trade, custom would be a lot to ask. Im more interested in finding a place that will do a giveaway on the site.

That would be cool. But then cost becomes a factor. And certainly if we are working on trade, custom would be a lot to ask. Im more interested in finding a place that will do a giveaway on the site.

i understand that completely JB. whatever you guys come up with will be sweet!!!! you'll spend a lot of time on it whatever it may be. let's just hope that ellie doesn't have the need to mark it as her territory.

i understand that completely JB. whatever you guys come up with will be sweet!!!! you'll spend a lot of time on it whatever it may be. let's just hope that ellie doesn't have the need to mark it as her territory.

I did not think about that, but that could be an issue for some. For instance at my parents home, their backyard is artificial. Ellie uses that. hmmmm.

I did not think about that, but that could be an issue for some. For instance at my parents home, their backyard is artificial. Ellie uses that. hmmmm.

ooops, didn't mean to be captain cloudy. i built a putting green once in uncle daddy's basement and my jack russell ripped it to shreds.

Back