Callaway X-Cage Pro and Vibe Shoes

Being an old shoe dog, that is one who has sold footwear to retail stores I am very impressed with the small touches that makes these shoes so nice. The Super Feet footbed is a BIG deal. Superfeet on their own fly out of run shops. Here it is a great feature. The fit seems very good. A little wide in the toe box is a good thing. And what i think some have said is a tight heel is probably a good sturdy heel counter. It is a sign of quality but many of late have not experienced what a good heel fit is supposed to fit like.
The box and the info inside is also first rate. Next time in Atlanta I will check the out. Have not seen in Charlotte.

Two rounds on the Vibes now. Love them. I thought my Adipure shoes were comfy, but holy cow.
I was a bit concerned for the spikeless pattern, but even walking down dew covered slopes, they were solid.

Since I have not seen these in the flesh I was wondering which color is the best if you are just wearing with shorts.
I think I have a crush on these and know I may order them online but color is a concern. My instinct was to go to the black but white/light blue looks good too. Any advice from anyone who has seen these.

I've seen the white with red, very nice. I probably should have gone white w/ blue. I have the dark grey with blue, and noticed that no matter the heat outside, they didn't bake my feet. They were rather comfortable in the last 10 hours or so outside in the heat we've been having in Georgia lately. They vent well, so black might not be bad. But the white ones are sweet.

I've seen the white with red, very nice. I probably should have gone white w/ blue. I have the dark grey with blue, and noticed that no matter the heat outside, they didn't bake my feet. They were rather comfortable in the last 10 hours or so outside in the heat we've been having in Georgia lately. They vent well, so black might not be bad. But the white ones are sweet.

I have your shoes in the pro version, and I agree that the color scheme is nice, and the shoes do not get hot even though they are darker.

I've been thoroughly impressed with the white/red vibes. I'd like to see the white/blue ones in person. These shoes are so fantastic that I will probably snag another pair if I can find a good price on them. I know they've been popping up lately.

ATL and Toad, I noticed you are both from Georgia. Are theses available at PGA Superstore? I forgot about the grey ones. They are growing on me.
I agree that price will do down. I think the shoes, eyewear and other accessory items for Callaway are licensed arrangements.They do not want to sit on inventory for long. Their Spring lines should be out by January or around the PGA Show.

ATL and Toad, I noticed you are both from Georgia. Are theses available at PGA Superstore? I forgot about the grey ones. They are growing on me.
I agree that price will do down. I think the shoes, eyewear and other accessory items for Callaway are licensed arrangements.They do not want to sit on inventory for long. Their Spring lines should be out by January or around the PGA Show.

I stumbled upon a mostly unannounced sale at BudgetGolf.com and got them for nearly 1/2 off. Purely accidental I was even there shopping for them that day. Having them now, I would probably pay retail for them, they're that good.

Thanks

I typically get my shoes online. Big feet problems.

I also find that PGASS's sale prices are still typically much higher than what you can find online. It's puzzling, because you can sometimes find an excellent price on clubs there. Soft goods just never seem to be priced very well.

You know what they say,,Big feet…..Big Shoes.
Retailers overall have no clue what to do with soft goods other than put them out and they are buying less and less because the ROI is so bad.
I like to go to PGASS just to get a change to see brands like this,Wilson Staff,Bridgestone clubs, ext.
I appreciate a deal but am happy to pay for service particularly at the start of a season which is were they should make their money.
Thanks for the tip.Interesting on budget golf that the white/light blue was discounted deeper than the other colors.I think the grey wins.

I played a round last night in some really soggy conditions. There were multiple times that I was walking through standing water and it was just overall a pretty miserable night weather-wise. These shoes kept my feet completely dry. I was really blown away by it. They were very good shoes for me in Myrtle Beach at this year's Morgan Cup, but I actually hadn't put them in play since, not because I didn't like them, but I was enjoying my Adicrosses.

Let me tell you, I played a few rounds where my feet were pretty wet by the time they it was all done with the Adicrosses, so any time soggy conditions are in the forecast, these shoes are my first choice. Being spikeless as well, grip was not a problem, never slipped once last night. They breathe wonderfully, and are very easy to clean as well (I have the white/gray/red Vibes). These shoes are definitely keepers, and I will be searching around for a second pair, just too good to pass up.

I wore these all weekend at the Gauntlet and never had any issues. They are pretty terrific shoes.

I played my last round with these as well and surprisingly slipped on my first tee ball which was odd considering how wet it was at the MC and had no issues. The rest of the round was fine and they are just so damn comfortable. I have been looking for deals on another pair.

You will see further up this page a suggestion to check out budget golf.com.
I played my last round with these as well and surprisingly slipped on my first tee ball which was odd considering how wet it was at the MC and had no issues. The rest of the round was fine and they are just so damn comfortable. I have been looking for deals on another pair.

Back