Replacing 4 wood with what??

robmc826

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Ping g10 4 Wood. I am looking at replacing it with a different club. Not really sure what to replace it with. Thinking about replacing it with another 4 wood or maybe even a 5 wood. Also would a lower lofted hybrid be a good idea.

Right now i use a 10.5 driver then go to the 17 4wood, a7 4 hybrid 22 degrees. any suggestions anyone has would be great.

Thanks,
Rob

It will really all depend on your gaps for yardages and what you are looking to achieve. There are so many great ones right now.

Re: Replacing 4 wood with what??

i am trying to find a club that i can confidently use from the fairway that goes between my driver and 22 degree hybrid. i hit my 22 about 210. not sure whether to go the hybrid or fairway wood route.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It really will depend on what you prefer FW or Hybrids. I prefer hybrids out of the fairway, so I would go low loft at that side.

Re: Replacing 4 wood with what??

right now the hybrid is my go to club from the fairway on a long second shot. would you or anyone else have some reccomendations on some lower lofted hybrids.

right now the hybrid is my go to club from the fairway on a long second shot. would you or anyone else have some reccomendations on some lower lofted hybrids.

a lot of people don't like it but i love my machspeed. it's 18*. i think anything around 17/18* would be perfect for you. i also liked adams' a7 but the machspeed's just stupid easy to hit, at least for me.

Does the machspeed like to go too much to the left. I had the sumo2 hybrid a few years ago. and it was a hook maqchine. I fight the hook bad sometimes.

Rob

Does the machspeed like to go too much to the left. I had the sumo2 hybrid a few years ago. and it was a hook maqchine. I fight the hook bad sometimes.

Rob

i'm a lefty and i don't hook it at all. i do know that it is a bit draw biased so perhaps it isn't the best fit. i don't hook it and don't really draw it at all, just long, high and straight, but then again i also loved the sq2.

have you had the chance to hit a few things recently?

If i could learn to control it my scores would be better. It has been better this year so far but it sneeaks in at the times when it hurts the most. I have not have a real chance to try some out yet. trying to start a short list together on what to try.

If i could learn to control it my scores would be better. It has been better this year so far but it sneeaks in at the times when it hurts the most. I have not have a real chance to try some out yet. trying to start a short list together on what to try.

do you prefer hybrids with that classic hybrid look or hybrids that kind of resemble fwy woods?

I would have to say the classic hybrid look. something about the size of the nickent or adams. not too much bigger than that.

I just put an Adams A7 in bag, so far I love it. i just took a Dymo 4 wood out of the bag, I was thinking of adding another 4 wood(love the g10) but got a good deal on a Launcher 09 3 wood yesterday.

I was wondering why you're replacing your Ping G10 4 wood? Are you looking for something better off the tee, fairway or rough? I recently got a G10 4w to replace my Burner Steel 5w. The 5w didn't give me enough additional distance than my G10 21* hybrid to justify the additional inconsistency in hitting 5w. The 4w gives me more distance, and to me the G10 is easier off the deck than the Burner Steel. The G10 4w also gives me more distance off the tee so it really splits the gap between my driver and 21*H. A deeper face than on the G10 4w would make things easier off the tee or in the rough, but I wouldn't use a wood in the rough, anyay.
I have a Ping g10 4 Wood. I am looking at replacing it with a different club. Not really sure what to replace it with. Thinking about replacing it with another 4 wood or maybe even a 5 wood. Also would a lower lofted hybrid be a good idea.

Right now i use a 10.5 driver then go to the 17 4wood, a7 4 hybrid 22 degrees. any suggestions anyone has would be great.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
I really like my TaylorMade burner 08 Tour hybrid, I have it with 18* of loft and it has really become my go to club. I fight a hook as well and for me this is a really easy club to hit, and they are fairly inexpensive right now.

Back