Mickelson vs Watson

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/t...on-bill-haas-webb-simpson-last-minute?sct=hp7

So basically, just keep harassing and whining at the captain and he'll pick you. Webb played twice during the RC. Once in fourballs on the first day, which the US is typically pretty good at. He and Bubba, one of the worst pairs I can think of, were hammered 5&4. He did halve his singles match against the equally terrible Poulter.

Here's my point. Watson switched his pick at the very last minute, from a red hot Haas, who hit one of the most clutch golf shots arguably and had been playing well for months, for a guy who seemed to care a lot because he sent a lot of text messages and called him once. Why change like that at the last minute? It just shows indecision that carried over to a lot of Watson's other flubs.

Some say this would all be moot if we won. But we didn't and have only won once in the last 15 years. There are certainly areas we can improve to at least help our chances of winning. A captain with a set game plan would be a nice start. Putting the best players out there we can is another, instead of the best texters.

I don't think for one minute that the euros have had better players. More heart yes but better no.

Swapping out Simpson for Haas would've been completely irrelevant. Actually, 1st I've even heard Haas mentioned. Red Hot??? Out of all the players in discussion for Captain's picks Haas doesn't seem to fit.

Swapping out Simpson for Haas would've been completely irrelevant. Actually, 1st I've even heard Haas mentioned. Red Hot??? Out of all the players in discussion for Captain's picks Haas doesn't seem to fit.

I agree, I didn't think haas was even in the conversation.

Haas was certainly one of the picks being considered. And obviously, Watson was going to pick him, so….

And yeah, he was hot. Take a look at his season, especially from the Wyndam into the playoffs. Then look at Webb's, especially the two MC's going right into the picks.

No it wasn't the difference between a W or L, but the indecision of Watson followed by switching one of his picks for inexplicable reasons at the last minute. It shows a lot of ineptitude.

Haas was certainly one of the picks being considered. And obviously, Watson was going to pick him, so….

And yeah, he was hot. Take a look at his season, especially from the Wyndam into the playoffs. Then look at Webb's, especially the two MC's going right into the picks.

No it wasn't the difference between a W or L, but the indecision of Watson followed by switching one of his picks for inexplicable reasons at the last minute. It shows a lot of ineptitude.

The fact that it was between Haas or Simpson shows greater ineptitude...

I think Haas would have been a good pick. I know Kirk was a name thrown out by many, but at the time of the picks, he had a tendency to underperform in better field events, until that W at the Deutsch (which I guess wasn't enough to outweigh his bad play the weeks prior). I didn't like some of the other guys thrown out there: Moore, Snedecker, Todd. Moore was playing badly the month leading up to the picks, Sneds was playing better but then laid a MC and Todd was fading, unable to finish in the top 30 for at least the month leading up to picks.

Winning cures everything. Losing brings out whiners, complaining, and bit*hing. If the U.S. would have won then no one would have been complaining about Watson's system.

You see it all the time in team sports. Teams that are losing start having in-fights between players and between players/coaches. A few weeks ago Brady and Belichick were having issues until the Pats started winning.

In 2016, just hit more fairways, more GIRs, and make more putts than Europe this will be a non-issue.

Winning cures everything. Losing brings out whiners, complaining, and bit*hing. If the U.S. would have won then no one would have been complaining about Watson's system.

actually, if the us had won, phil's presser wouldn't have turned ugly and we likely would have never heard the story about watson's supreme d*ckhead move saturday night

actually, if the us had won, phil's presser wouldn't have turned ugly and we likely would have never heard the story about watson's supreme d*ckhead move saturday night

That is what I am saying. If the U.S. would have won, then the reporter wouldn't have even asked the question. But he did....& it turned ugly.

Back