I love the Hyroad line.. my Reign Supreme still works well & along with my Frantic

What's wrong with the HyRoad? I got a HyRoad pearl and really like it. Is it inferior quality or something?
There's nothing wrong with the HyRoad. It has been in production almost 8 years for a reason. It's one of the best selling balls of all time. But he was asking for a specific type of reaction, on heavier oil. I wouldn't suggest a ball that's not a heavy oil ball, if that's what he's looking for. Something like the Marvel, Optimus, Byte, Crux, etc., would be a much better fit. If he was looking for a good all-around medium to medium-heavy ball, the HyRoad may very well be the best available, depending on his game.

Ty.. where ya bowl @?
I use to bowl @ Thunderbird but last few years just a once a week over @ West Acres. Tho I used to bowl leagues all around here. .even @ lanes that no longer exists

Just at Thunderbird now. I've bowled all over Wichita in the past. Just doing once a week now though. Used to bowl 5 nights a week, but the wife didn't like me spending $500 a month on bowling....and me never being home.

What's wrong with the HyRoad? I got a HyRoad pearl and really like it. Is it inferior quality or something?

Not at all the HyRoad series has been around for awhile for good reason. The HyRoad pearl is still one of the best pearl balls around IMO.

As far as DV8 balls for oily lane conditions, older balls that may be on sale, I'd look for the HellRaiser series or a Brutal Nightmare. If you are looking at current balls I would look at the Ruckus Feud or Schizo. Having no clue how you throw the ball though....just my .02

Just at Thunderbird now. I've bowled all over Wichita in the past. Just doing once a week now though. Used to bowl 5 nights a week, but the wife didn't like me spending $500 a month on bowling....and me never being home.

I still use Justin to drill & buy balls from.

Oowoo.. I see a THP discount. Lol

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I called the house I bowl at and he strongly suggests that I come in and he can watch me throw a ball. He was very upfront and honest that the two balls I'm looking at online will be cheaper online and he has no problem going that route if that's the best choice. I'll just have to pay $40 for the drill plus inserts.

If I buy through him then I only pay for inserts which is common anyway.

I understand the $$ part. But it is different in bowling. Fitting is alot more critical & also keeping the proshop going so you have expertise to do so

Wow bad night. 88 & 70 so far.

Owe, weird oil?

Hitting the pocket but either to light, or to heavy.

158, 153.

It was one of those stupid & crazy nights. I decided I would go back & try down & up from the get go, well ya seen the 1st 2 scores. Last game said heck with it & grabbed my stronger ball. Shoot 2! 46 & 604 and not only saved my ave. but raised it a pin to 198.
So 188, 170 246 . Lol

148 last game.

Lots of 9 spares or 8 spares. With an occasional mess up on the 7 or 10 pin (also 9 pin)

Just couldn't figure it out, change starting point, aim point, speed. Nothing worked couldn't get a solid pocket hit.

League tonight, and I'm so busy at work, I will NOT be getting my 2 hours of "warm-up" at Happy Hour beforehand. I have a feeling this will be REAL ugly tonight.

Leaving for league now. wish me luck. First week of using all three fingers now that I don't have to worry about injury.

Good luck.

Been rolling it well as of late. Ended up with a 279, 208, 223 for a 710. Opened twice the second game and opened again in game 3. Oh well, guess I can't complain as it went well overall.

230-206-223=659. I also had at least FIVE 10-pin misses. :banghead:

That 659 does not bode well for my happy hour crew.

558 series. By far my best. So much more control especially on spare picks up using the thumb .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

158 to start. I suck

192 second game. Hung a 10 pin on the first ball in the 10th and missed the pick up. I still suck

Back