Preferred driver length? Why?

I've been using 44.75 for the past year and I've never been happier with my drives.

I have been playing 45.5 for a while but I would like to experiment to see what will happen

I play my driver at 45", have gone as short as 44" and as long as 45.5".

I forgot to answer the why part of the question. I find 45" to be the perfect blend of control and distance. Anything shorter and I don't have as good of a feel for the head through the swing, longer my impact consistency suffers and I don't get as much out of it.

I'm really not sure what length my driver is. Pretty sure it's over 45".

For those who have cut down their shafts - are you using lead tape on the driver head to get the swing weights back to normal?

For those who have cut down their shafts - are you using lead tape on the driver head to get the swing weights back to normal?

I will either change weights if the driver has weight ports, or I will add weight inside the head so that it has no chance of coming off.

The best I ever drove the ball was 913 d3 with red tie 8q3 at 46 inches. Thinking back that was insane. or was it... I honestly don't thing the same driver will work for me now as my swing has changed dramatically

I have played my last couple at 45.5" but recently I have switched to choking down an inch on my current one and have seen great things because of it.

I'm not sure if it's my preferred length, but I'm playing my driver at 44.5" right now. I ordered it that way based on others comments on controllability and after seeing that a ton of pros play their drivers at under 45". I'm 5'9" tall and it seems to be a good length for me. I usually hit the ball near the center of the face vertically, but it doesn't help me hit it in the center of the face horizontally. But I've learned that my heel side miss was from a release issue, and not club length.

45.5" works for me because that's the stock length of my Razr-Fit and I love it!

Typically 45" but the last couple weeks I've been playing 43" and have more control and no real distance loss.

Yes. All my drivers have lead tape on the head.

I love a driver at 43.5 inches, it's the perfect blend of weight and control for me.

Last night I cut my driver down to 44'. Looking forward to hitting the range today and see how it goes

Last night I cut my driver down to 44'. Looking forward to hitting the range today and see how it goes

It was amazing what going down to 44 in my fitting did for my numbers. Hope it works out. If you get any more consistent with the driver, ddec' sheaf is going to explode next time you guys play.

I guess fitting-wise, 45" and 45 1/4" have been the right length for optimal performance. So, I'll go with that. If you were to have asked me before last December what length I like to play, I'd have said standard, which means nothing as there isn't a "standard".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered my Titleist 913 with a 44.5" shaft. Thinking about cutting another 1/2" off. Good thing about this driver I can buy a heavier weight to make the swing weight the same.

I've been at 44.5" or less for years now, presently 44.25". The only 45" or more driver shaft that's worked for me recently was the Bassara (65 or 63g I think it was). Generally speaking, I prefer feeling like I'm closer to the ball.

Back