THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have five bottom-of-the-barrel and unused handicap index rounds to 'dump' before the active season ends on Friday, Oct. 31, so I can play every day (five rounds) this week and only improve my active-season-ending handicap index.

I played one of those five rounds today, and it did not help my handicap index....

This is the last week of our active season (ends Oct. 31). Looks like I'll finish the active season with a handicap index of 11.0 at worst. I'm planning to play at least three more rounds this week to get to 140 rounds for the active season, so I have a good chance of ending with a 10.something handicap index.

I had a decent but unspectacular 9 today. Some bad scores must be dropping because I'm now trending to 13.3, down from 16.8 at the end of May.

It has been a great season and I'm really happy/proud to have dropped 3.5 in 5 months. I am bummed the season is coming to an end because I still think I could go lower, maybe even break the single digit barrier.

Special thanks to Freddie for a couple of tips that have had a huge impact on my iron play.

I had a decent but unspectacular 9 today. Some bad scores must be dropping because I'm now trending to 13.3, down from 16.8 at the end of May.

It has been a great season and I'm really happy/proud to have dropped 3.5 in 5 months. I am bummed the season is coming to an end because I still think I could go lower, maybe even break the single digit barrier.

Special thanks to Freddie for a couple of tips that have had a huge impact on my iron play.

very happy for you to see your hdcp going back down! I knew it would eventually. way to go, Frank. keep it up!

Trending up, up, up

Wrong direction this revision. Both rounds were very good but bumped off even better ones. Went from 13.3 to 13.7.

Last edited:
With the two rounds I played Monday, my handicap is down to 14.9. Unlikely that I'll get a round in to count before the last revision of the year, so this is where I'll end. Given the way I was playing at the start of the year, I couldn't be happier with the improvement I had over the course of the year.

With the two rounds I played Monday, my handicap is down to 14.9. Unlikely that I'll get a round in to count before the last revision of the year, so this is where I'll end. Given the way I was playing at the start of the year, I couldn't be happier with the improvement I had over the course of the year.

You post your MC scores? You should be like a 7 or something if you did.

Looks like I will end the season with my lowest handicap of the year of 13.6.
Not taking that too positively because I really didn't see a lot of improvement this year.
The inconsistency and just plain losing parts of my game from round to round is still far too big a factor IMO.

12 months ago my cap was 9.0 and I end this season officially today at 9.1.

At first glance that would imply a year of nothingness but I feel I have improved by a stroke or two. 1 year ago I had a 'home course handicap' but I feel now that my handicap travels much better. Hopefully next year I get the chance to knock it down a few strokes.

After today's round it looks like I'm holding steady at 22.7 for tomorrows revision. Only two weeks until the season ends up here :bad:

Here is the reply I got back from US handicap, aka golfnet;
The hackers Paradise is a group within the clubs. You have to be associated with a
true club like you are then you also belong to the "sub" group as well if they have
accepted your request.

Here is the reply I got back from US handicap, aka golfnet;
The hackers Paradise is a group within the clubs. You have to be associated with a
true club like you are then you also belong to the "sub" group as well if they have
accepted your request.

That sounds right as I'm aligned to the Arlington TX group officially but then joined the THP social group so to speak.

Looks like it'll be 11.0 after tomorrow's last revision (our active season ended today). I had five rounds to get the handicap index below 11.0 by shooting an 84 or better and didn't get it done. Oh well....

Finished the 2014 season with a 1.9 handicap for my work league (9 holes only), and my actual USGA was a 4.1.

I shot more rounds under par this year than I have in my entire life combined. Really looking forward to next year. Sucks not being able to play year round!

I will be a 16.0 for the revision tomorrow after two not so great rounds to end the handicap season. Have some big days coming up and hopefully I can post them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Up a couple of tenths to a 5.5. Had a couple of mediocre scores replace good scores in the last couple of weeks.

Hangin in at 9.4 with 122 rounds posted for the year.

Dropped just a touch for an even 9.0 and creeping closer to matching my lowest ever. Very happy with how the end of the year has turned out and I'm hoping I can keep things trending the right direction.

Down to 13.6 this revision thanks to really great round last Friday. Officially have 2 more weeks of golf season left, and planning on getting out at least once more so I hope I can lower the cap even more, but starting at a 17.3, I'm thrilled with the progress I made this year, and just hope I can maintain some of my form over the winter.

8.6 to 8.1

21.4 to a 20.7 slowly getting it lower

Held steady at 7.3 and that is how I am finishing for the year.. Not sure how many rounds I will get in from here on in, just alot of practice.

Got a few scores entered, and I went up a touch to 22.8.

It's where I'll end my season at, I look forward to the lower teens next year! (Maybe lower...?)

2014 THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

2014 THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

I dropped to a 7.7 after inputing a few disgusting rounds. Trending in the wrong direction at the end of the year.

Last edited:
2.8 with 2 of my lowest scores soon set to drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back