Calling all Bushnell XGC owners - stats and score question

tmoney

Bogey Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
So, I pulled the trigger on a XGC today and ordered online. I liked the reviews and vibe on THP, and my GolfShot iPhone app showed me I love a golf GPS but was skeptical of the accuracy of the iPhone GPS.

I like to keep my score and stats on GolfShot, but I have read in other places online that the XGC cannot "save" your scores or stats. Is this true?

What I am looking for is to simply keep score, putts, fairway, sand, penalties, etc. on the fly and then enter that data into oobgolf for long-term tracking.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

No, it will keep your score for the round, but that is where it ends. However what you do get is an incredibly fast (fastest we have used) easy to use device that is the most accurate we have come across. You also get a battery life that can go close to 6 rounds in some cases. Full color screen, pin point accuracy to measure to anywhere on the course, etc...

So where exactly does it end? I am OK with it if it does not stay for future reference.

Will the score / stats make it home with me? If not, what event flushes them from memory.

Thanks for the quick reply - looking forward to all that other stuff in your post!

It does not keep the stats. It will keep your score only.

Edit: I forgot it does keep number of putts as well.

No, it will keep your score for the round, but that is where it ends. However what you do get is an incredibly fast (fastest we have used) easy to use device that is the most accurate we have come across. You also get a battery life that can go close to 6 rounds in some cases. Full color screen, pin point accuracy to measure to anywhere on the course, etc...

I'm really looking close at these, where can a person get a really good deal on one?

so far on the one I bought today..its says keeps your score & putts. I'm charging it now & still learnin. While your waitting.. click here: http://www.bushnellgolf.com/general/get-started.cfm
& then click: yardage ProXGC, then below that a screen will show, click the: course download tutorial. that way you'll be familiar when your gps shows up

That I am not sure about. I think Amazon had a great deal a while back, but I am not sure who has the best deal now.

Well crap - that is where GolfShot shines. All inclusive and it does sync online to see your history over time.

Oh well, like I said I have seen some suspect accuracy and have grown to love playing with a GPS.

I guess I will start carrying a golf card again!

Thanks.

I'm really looking close at these, where can a person get a really good deal on one?

I ordered mine today from Amazon for $210, which was better than any of the golf sites.

That I am not sure about. I think Amazon had a great deal a while back, but I am not sure who has the best deal now.

I ordered mine today from Amazon for $210, which was better than any of the golf sites.

Thanks, I'll check these out tomorrow. Wished I had one of these over the weekend and still several courses coming up I have never played.

Well crap - that is where GolfShot shines. All inclusive and it does sync online to see your history over time.

Oh well, like I said I have seen some suspect accuracy and have grown to love playing with a GPS.

I guess I will start carrying a golf card again!

Thanks.

You can just use a score card since you are going to transfer it to another site. You will find the battery life and the accuracy as well as the other features outweigh what you are losing by quite a bit.

You can just use a score card since you are going to transfer it to another site. You will find the battery life and the accuracy as well as the other features outweigh what you are losing by quite a bit.

That's what I am looking forward to!

JB and everyone else who jumped on this - thanks - good grief that was fast! I love this site.

"JB and everyone else who jumped on this - thanks - good grief that was fast! I love this site. "
that cause I'm on the comput playin with my XGC...LOL

Back