Srixon Finishes 1-2 At TPC

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Srixon® Sports, a world leader in golf club and golf ball technology, congratulates staffers Tim Clark and Robert Allenby for their first and second place finish at the 2010 The Players Championship on Sunday. Clark played the final 26 holes of the tournament without a bogey, setting a Stadium Course record with the largest 36-hole comeback. Regarded among the best players without a PGA TOUR title, Clark won for the fourth time worldwide, yet this was his finest performance. THE PLAYERS Championship is not only the richest tournament in golf with a $9.5 million purse; it also features the strongest and deepest field of the year. Clark finished the event at 16-under 272, earning $1.71 million for the victory.

"I did all I could there," said Clark, a 34-year-old South African. "That's as good as I could have played."

Allenby’s, who finished the tournament one shot back of Clark, had his best chance to catch him when he narrowly missed an 18-foot eagle putt on the 16th hole to tie for the lead. His next chance came on the 17th until a 12-foot birdie putt peaked into the cup and tilted back away. Allenby couldn't make birdie on the tough 18th, and had to settle for a 70 and second place.

"For it to go up to the hole and take a little look over the top and then come back, that was a bit rude," Allenby said. "But obviously, the golfing gods were with Tim today, and I can accept that. I did everything that I could possibly do to try and win the tournament."
Both Srixon® staffers played with Srixon® Z-STAR™ golf balls, Srixon® irons and Cleveland® wedges.

I do like the Z-Stars :clapp:

Congrats to both Clark and Allenby... truely a fun even to watch!

I agree with Allenby, when that ball did a 180 turn from the cup when it was 1/2 inch away, there was no denying the golf gods were with Clark... He had no chance for birdie on 18 before he even tee'd off.

Congrats Tim! Srixon is having a tremendous year...
I wish Tim was still playing the yellow ball... That would have been pretty sweet.
It would have been cool to see a winner playing a yellow ball. Maybe next week?

Woot! Yaaaaay Srixon!!!

Back