The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Tiger finishes with 3 straight birdies to shoot 69 on the day. The short game issues are still there, but the full swings look better.

Tiger finishes with 3 straight birdies to shoot 69 on the day. The short game issues are still there, but the full swings look better.

Which is shocking bc I you would think short game would be crisp given that's all he could practice

Which is shocking bc I you would think short game would be crisp given that's all he could practice
That's what my thought was to. It's like me having this cold weather crap and can putt in the basement and come spring I'm not bad of a putter. Still good to see him shoot under 70 though.

I don't know about yall, but my short game always goes to crap (well even crappier than normal) when I'm really working on my full swing.

It appears that Lindsey was decelerating during her comeback as well. Yes I'm watching skiing over golf right now.

My prediction of a 69 for him came a couple days late. Wonder what tournament he chooses to make his 2015 debut.

My prediction of a 69 for him came a couple days late. Wonder what tournament he chooses to make his 2015 debut.

If I bet a dollar on it, Farmers Insurance Open

He is too upright and narrow it looks like on chips compared to old. Going to take getting used to. Love seeing the new swing through. Being sick probably didn't help.

Thats probably a good call...I was thinking AT&T at pebble beach or the following week at riviera for norther trust.

Thats probably a good call...I was thinking AT&T at pebble beach or the following week at riviera for norther trust.

AT&T was basically a one time thing, an obligation for being sponsored by AT&T.

Northern Trust, I don't see that happening.

AT&T was basically a one time thing, an obligation for being sponsored by AT&T.

Northern Trust, I don't see that happening.

This.

I feel like he always plays Torrey

Tiger made a funny....

Could we start to see a less guarded Tiger. He was a little loose and more fun and open when he was starting out it would be good to see him get back in that state of mind.

Until June maybe. Then he'll start pressing again

Until June maybe. Then he'll start pressing again

It depends - if his short game was even half decent this weekend, he'd be a few strokes under par and people would look at his performance and say "That was pretty good for his first time back". So if he gets that in better shape and his full swing still looks decent, he might be able to slowly work his way back rather than pressing like crazy.

Tiger can be quick with the cheeky responses, just wish we saw them more often.

It depends - if his short game was even half decent this weekend, he'd be a few strokes under par and people would look at his performance and say "That was pretty good for his first time back". So if he gets that in better shape and his full swing still looks decent, he might be able to slowly work his way back rather than pressing like crazy.

At the same time - we've been waiting for the old tiger short game since 2009. There have been flashes but nothing like it was.

Could we start to see a less guarded Tiger. He was a little loose and more fun and open when he was starting out it would be good to see him get back in that state of mind.
I know he's always a little buttoned up, but he has never been too shy about his game; for the most part. He's one of the few guys that will step to the mic and just flat out say "I sucked," or make a little joke about how bad it was. He'll usually qualify it with the good shots he made and how close he is, but at least he gives you a glimpse.

At the same time - we've been waiting for the old tiger short game since 2009. There have been flashes but nothing like it was.

Oh, absolutely. I was just thinking in terms of an average game around the green this weekend, which he wasn't even close to.

Why wait, he should be playing as much tournament golf as possible IMO.

Why wait, he should be playing as much tournament golf as possible IMO.

I'm not sure he would want to overdue it. Rushing it leads to injury, especially for guys like us approaching 40 and beyond.

I've found the last couple of years that any injuries that do occur take a LOT longer to heal. I don't blame him for easing back in.

It was fun to see him at the end of the segment talking about the other guys on tour and how strong they are. Showed a personal side we don't normally get to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is playing 4 competitive rounds of golf with lots of time between shots really putting more strain on the body than hitting hundreds of drives on the range?
In either case he will definitely wait till he isn't sick anymore.

So he was sick, really? Seems every time he comes back and plays average there's always an excuse.

So he was sick, really? Seems every time he comes back and plays average there's always an excuse.

Guess you didn't watch?

He literally puked on the course

Back