hit some wedges today

jchez444

Reaction score
Handicap
ive been looking into getting some new wedges and today i roamed upon the pga superstore and hit the following:

Cleveland 588 2.0 CB: really liked this club, flet good on chips/pitches and very easy for full shots, definitely a "forgiving wedge". ball does fly high with this one.

mack daddy tour & standard: very good feeling on chips and pitches, again ball comes high off the face. on full shots i defintely felt the mishits and lost distance compared to the cleveland cb. i hit both grinds very similar

Scor: felt the best on chips/pitches and half shots. definitely the smallest of all the club heads and it had a moderate/lower ballflight. also felt nice on full shots, pretty similar forgivness wise compared to the mack daddy.

funny thing is im still tossed on which wedges to get. i defintely will need another session and sometime with them. right now i am leaning towards the scor or cleveland cb's, with the mack daddy's close behind.

Do they have a program to demo them outdoors?

Do they have a program to demo them outdoors?

no i wish they did, i would love to play around the course with them and see the interaction with the turf, bunker and spin.

ive been looking into getting some new wedges and today i roamed upon the pga superstore and hit the following:

Cleveland 588 2.0 CB: really liked this club, flet good on chips/pitches and very easy for full shots, definitely a "forgiving wedge". ball does fly high with this one.

mack daddy tour & standard: very good feeling on chips and pitches, again ball comes high off the face. on full shots i defintely felt the mishits and lost distance compared to the cleveland cb. i hit both grinds very similar

Scor: felt the best on chips/pitches and half shots. definitely the smallest of all the club heads and it had a moderate/lower ballflight. also felt nice on full shots, pretty similar forgivness wise compared to the mack daddy.

funny thing is im still tossed on which wedges to get. i defintely will need another session and sometime with them. right now i am leaning towards the scor or cleveland cb's, with the mack daddy's close behind.

I would always recommend Cleveland wedges. I don't think I would go CB on the 58/60 if you went that high, just because that is such a feel club that I think the CB would dull that a bit? But that's just me. My Cleveland wedges are the only constants in my bag.

You didn't get a chance to hit the MP-T5 Mizuno's?

You can always cop out like I did and have one of each - Got a RTX 2.0 Gap @ 50° and a Scor Lob @ 60°.
I will say - I am not sure that it is possible to leave a ball in a bunker with a Scor Lob wedge - absolutely love it.

love the rtx 2.0 cb I have in 50/54. great wedges with great weighting, spin and feel.

You didn't get a chance to hit the MP-T5 Mizuno's?

i will be trying them this week, i kinda wanted to like the mack daddys and not the scors but it was the opposite of course. this is part of my game i really want to focus on this yr as i had some uncomfortable distances from 100yds and in.

Did you try the new TM wedges?

Wilson Staff wedges are pretty sweet, forged club and good price point. I will be testing those when I am due for new wedges.
Hopkins will customize wedges for you, and with the 30 day return policy, I would absolutely test those out as well.

Back