NHL 2014-2015 Season

I agree, I am happy that they did not try to tank for Connor, but they need to realise that most of their players are on the rise and they are nowhere near full potential.

if they need to miss the playoffs by a few points for a few years so be it, at least they are trying and the kids will grow in an environment that values an effort and a win. unlike another Canadian team we were talking about

It's looking more promising although Rochester is having a rough season. Curious to see if Grighorenko does anything now that he's been called up.

Excited for tonight's game of the Leafs vs. the Ducks. Both teams are playing well, just wish Corey Perry was able to play. Here's to a fun game. Will be nice to see Winnik, Robi, Lupul, Gardiner and Holland.

Caps vs Panthers tonight. Hope the Caps can keep it going and not have a let down against a former rival.

Caps vs Panthers tonight. Hope the Caps can keep it going and not have a let down against a former rival.

Even though they have no fans at home the Panthers are fun too watch. Some good young talent and Ekblad is the real deal. Should be a good game.

Even though they have no fans at home the Panthers are fun too watch. Some good young talent and Ekblad is the real deal. Should be a good game.
Yeah I am a little nervous. Funny you mention him the Caps broadcast was just talking about him and going through some of his highlights. Can't believe he is only 18 that's crazy

Wow there really is no one there kinda sad actually

Wow there really is no one there kinda sad actually

It was the same way for the Sabres game there. They anounced 8500 but I doubt that.

It was the same way for the Sabres game there. They anounced 8500 but I doubt that.
Yeah I don't buy that not one bit. A ridiculous amount of empty seats. I wonder if half of people there know the rules of the game.

I can never remember is this rink in or near Miami?

Yeah I don't buy that not one bit. A ridiculous amount of empty seats. I wonder if half of people there know the rules of the game.

Yeah, I think it's pretty close to Miami.

So they just did the Twitter question and it was about relocation of a NHL team to Las Vegas..... Hmmm while playing the Panthers. Coincidence?

So they just did the Twitter question and it was about relocation of a NHL team to Las Vegas..... Hmmm while playing the Panthers. Coincidence?

Would make sense I guess. What's the state of Arizona's franchise.

It's probably close to an hour from downtown. In a populated area but not exactly close to Miami itself.

It's on the edge of civilization, there is nothing at all for 100 miles to the west of it, an odd place for an arena.

Would make sense I guess. What's the state of Arizona's franchise.
No idea but I can't imagine it is much better. Personally I would rather put a team back in Canada
It's probably close to an hour from downtown. In a populated area but not exactly close to Miami itself.

It's on the edge of civilization, there is nothing at all for 100 miles to the west of it, an odd place for an arena.
That's crazy and hour from downtown. Wouldn't they draw more fans if they made a rink in downtown Miami?

Edmonton is just in a world of hurt right now, but I'll be furious if they bed-crap their way into McDavid. Edmonton does not deserve to have anything given to them at this point the way they've taken a team of potential world-beaters and turned them into feuding underachievers.

They won't make a trade unless they get insane value for their top 'guns', but those players have done NOTHING to deserve anything more than average value.

The other problem is that they have to overpay everyone to come there, or to stay there. All their 'stars' are WAY overpaid and never had to prove anything earn it.
Edmonton is just an absolutely filthy city with slushy half melted snow all over the place 6 months a year. I'm no NHLer but even I had the sense to turn down a few job offers up there despite the salary. Living in Edmonton - is it really living?

No idea but I can't imagine it is much better. Personally I would rather put a team back in Canada

That's crazy and hour from downtown. Wouldn't they draw more fans if they made a rink in downtown Miami?
No doubt in my mind, I think it is hugely detrimental to a franchise trying to build a fan base to not be where the cool kids are. I'm not that familiar with South Florida but I don't think Sunrise is where the cool kids hangout.

No doubt in my mind, I think it is hugely detrimental to a franchise trying to build a fan base to not be where the cool kids are. I'm not that familiar with South Florida but I don't think Sunrise is where the cool kids hangout.
May want to check again though. I mean that seriously. No hockey fans are hanging out in downtown Miami....

Sunrise is far younger than you think.

The answer to this is no. Downtown Miami is not going to draw hockey fans. People assume because of what they see on TV that the other stadiums they grew up with were in downtown.

The answer to this is no. Downtown Miami is not going to draw hockey fans. People assume because of what they see on TV that the other stadiums they grew up with were in downtown.
True and one of the worst markets for all sports.... Just get the team out of there and move it to a place that would support it properly, that's just my. 02

May want to check again though. I mean that seriously. No hockey fans are hanging out in downtown Miami....

Sunrise is far younger than you think.
I honestly have no idea, it's been a long time since I've been there, but when I was there definitely wasn't a bar scene or anything like that around it.

Compare to where the heat arena is, if I'm looking to go party there is no question which game I'm going to.

Edmonton is just in a world of hurt right now, but I'll be furious if they bed-crap their way into McDavid. Edmonton does not deserve to have anything given to them at this point the way they've taken a team of potential world-beaters and turned them into feuding underachievers.

They won't make a trade unless they get insane value for their top 'guns', but those players have done NOTHING to deserve anything more than average value.

The other problem is that they have to overpay everyone to come there, or to stay there. All their 'stars' are WAY overpaid and never had to prove anything earn it.
Edmonton is just an absolutely filthy city with slushy half melted snow all over the place 6 months a year. I'm no NHLer but even I had the sense to turn down a few job offers up there despite the salary. Living in Edmonton - is it really living?

Wow, not sure what you have against Edmonton (the city) besides there being NOTHING there and a supposed garbage dump if I am reading between the lines correctly but it is my home. I'm on Vancouver island right now and everywhere I look there are signs saying don't littler and it's a beautiful place and yet almost everywhere I look there is garbage scattered as well but I'm not going to start bad morning it just because.

It's unfortunate that your hatred of a hockey team that's been improperly managed had also clouded your vision towards the city as well.

On that note it's going to be years before this team ever starts winning, and that's only if Bob Nicholson can clean up the mess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have nothing against the Oilers per say, I would feel the same about any team that has done what they've done.

I'm not talking about litter, Edmonton is just a dirty city. Its brown all the time, and most people wouldn't find it a nice place to live especially superstar hockey players (and their wives) who can live anywhere they want.

I honestly have no idea, it's been a long time since I've been there, but when I was there definitely wasn't a bar scene or anything like that around it.

Compare to where the heat arena is, if I'm looking to go party there is no question which game I'm going to.
Ironically before LeBron went to souf beach that arena was empty.

I have nothing against the Oilers per say, I would feel the same about any team that has done what they've done.

I'm not talking about litter, Edmonton is just a dirty city. Its brown all the time, and most people wouldn't find it a nice place to live especially superstar hockey players (and their wives) who can live anywhere they want.

Spoken like a true arrogant person from Vancouver. I'm done with this pointless conversation and you. I'll be sure never to contact you if I'm in the area golfing.

Thanks

Spoken like a true arrogant person from Vancouver. I'm done with this pointless conversation and you. I'll be sure never to contact you if I'm in the area golfing.

Thanks

Come on man.
This isn't personal at all dude, I'm honestly really sorry you thought it was.

I didn't enjoy my time in Edmonton... If that means we can't be friends, that's a damn shame.

Back