What is the one piece of golf equipment or club you wish you still had??

I honestly don't have any. I don't get rid of clubs until I find something that performs better.
And right now my bag has everything in it so far that I have found that performs best for me.
So not missing anything in particular yet...

The best driver I have ever hit was the GCX driver that came with my Sam's Club starter set, I hit that straight and far like clockwork. That is until it cracked all the way along where the club face met the crown.

My second all time favorite set of irons which would be the Cleveland CG16 set. They were fun to hit in every aspect.

I had a set of those but in the tours and loved them. Not sure why I sold them....Loved the look of the dark finish and they felt great to be a cast club. Oh well....

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3, 19 Degree Hybrid. A hand-me-down from my Dad. Most consistently straight club I've ever had in my bag.

I'm a bit jelly about that putter.
I can't even describe the roll it puts on the ball. It's my favorite club that I brough home.

Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Center Shaft. I found one on eBay in the last week, but it's just not the same.

Titleist DCI 962 Irons
Odyssey Dual Force Rossie FB

My TM Forged 300 Ton Lehman grind irons, they had a higher, squared off toe that gave me a huge confidence boost at address. I had a tour only satin chrome finish on them as well.

For utilities' sake, nothing really - there's a reason I'm gaming what I'm gaming now. But for vanity and nostalgia, I'd love to have my r7 TP irons back. Gave em to my dad and they're sitting in his basement since they weren't forgiving enough for him, so I might have him ship them back to me at some point. An extra iron set never hurt anybody.

A Nickent 4DX tour with Fujikura 80b shaft. That club was long and straight. I wish I hadn't got rid of it.

A Nickent 4DX tour with Fujikura 80b shaft. That club was long and straight. I wish I hadn't got rid of it.

Still have that head on a shelf, I'll never let myself get rid of it.

My Scotty golo. We had an argument for a month and I sold it. Never putted the same since.

Still have that head on a shelf, I'll never let myself get rid of it.
I seem to remember hitting a few Nickent hybrids at Dicks a couple years ago and liking them. Well I guess I'll make it a point to seek them out this year but their gear is hard to come by. The ones I hit were from 2012 I think but I haven't heard anything new from them lately.

I seem to remember hitting a few Nickent hybrids at Dicks a couple years ago and liking them. Well I guess I'll make it a point to seek them out this year but their gear is hard to come by. The ones I hit were from 2012 I think but I haven't heard anything new from them lately.

REAL true Nickent is dead. The name lives on in a house brand at GG, but it's not true Nickent. The 4DX line was legit.

REAL true Nickent is dead. The name lives on in a house brand at GG, but it's not true Nickent. The 4DX line was legit.
Oh wow so GG and Dicks bought retained the Nickent brand but there went the quality I'm guessing.....similar to what Golf Smith did with MacGregor. That's sad.

Oh wow so GG and Dicks bought retained the Nickent brand but there went the quality I'm guessing.....similar to what Golf Smith did with MacGregor. That's sad.

Mainly, they don't have the legend John Hoeflich designing anymore, and I do mean legend!

My 7* Ping TiSi with a UST ProForce V2 x flex shaft.

Hogan Princess irons and woods and a red leather staff bag. They were my moms clubs and my first set. They are long gone, but I would give almost anything to have them back. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

JM

Yonex Rekin Super 10 irons with the Pro-Spec graphite shaft. Best irons ever. Super ADX sized 3-4 iron and the 5 and below were the original ADX sized heads with shafts that became progressively heavier with higher kick points. And the boron reinforced graphite shafts felt like butta while being very accurate, stable and comfortable.

My Ping Tisi Tec driver - played it for seven years and it finally cracked. I did pick up a few from Ebay but none had the same magic.

Back