Golf swing: Mind, Body and soul

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Happy New Year everyone! 2015 is 3 days old and we are hot and heavy into new equipment releases, indoor putting and the latest fix for your game.

I think if you're going to invest in new gear and invest time into your game. You should have the proper tools to go along with it. These tools are the mind, the body and the soul.

In this thread, with the help of some people I know, I will offer up tips for the mental side of the game. Exercises for the physical side and wisdom for your golf soul. I want to provide something for everyone so please tell me what you want to hear.
This is not a swing tip thread but a knowledge or helpful thread. My hope is that I pass along something that is useful for everyone. From the beginner to the seasoned vet.

I have garnered a lot of information over the years and would like to share that with you. As I stated earlier, I will be talking with other for I go on diet, exercise, mental focus and wisdoms. This thread, at least my hope, will make everyone better. These aren't quick fixes but solid tips that will make you better.

I will post often, when I have the time and you will see post from others I have spoken to. Read the post, discuss them, refute them, this will be a learning experience for everyone. Just leave the egos at the keyboard. Open your minds and prepare to learn.

Freddie - this is a great idea for a thread. Looking forward to seeing what sort of knowledge you'll be dropping in here. I'm looking forward to the information on the mental side. While it's gotten a lot better, I can still have a round get away from me now and then.

Love this idea. Can't wait to see what's coming. The one thing I struggle with is letting a bad hole or bad shot go. Overthinking what happened.

I want to provide something for everyone so please tell me what you want to hear.

I think it would be fascinating to understand how a better player mentally approaches their round. What are your expectations for the round before it starts? When you step up to a tee box what are you thinking and what is your goal? Same question for subsequent shots. During a round how much do you think about your swing vs course management? Give tangible examples of what course management means to you during your round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As always it's a great idea and can't wait to follow along and see what I can learn. I've learned there's always more to learn and grow in this game.

Great idea Freddie. Staying in the moment is the biggie for me and it cuts both ways. If I'm doing well, I sometimes get too far ahead of myself rather than staying in the moment. Conversely, if I am playing poorly I will sometimes stay in the past where the bad outcome occurred rather than moving on.

Sometimes I can go weeks without this happening, but SOMETIMES, I'm everywhere else but IN THE MOMENT.

JM

I'll definitely be following along with this one. Great idea for a thread Freddie. I know I tend to get caught up in gear & mechanics a little too much sometimes. The mental side is something I'm trying to work on this offseason so this thread really couldn't have come at a better time.

Love this idea Freddie

Great idea Freddie, I'm really looking forward to this! I recently read that "elite level golfers believe the mental game to be between 70-90 %. However, they also admit that they spend less than 10% of the time working on it compared to other aspects of their game.I'm obviously not in the elite category, but think that the mental arena is where I can make a major improvement in my game.

I really struggle with having a consistent intention and focus from shot to shot and would like to see something on how to trigger and keep your focus without getting distracted by internal talk or whatever's going on around you.

Looking forward to this thread. Would love ideas on stretching, exercise and nutrition for the golfer,

I like where I see this thread going.

I need to work on flexibility to get more effortless power out of my swing.

I look forward to hearing how to mentally be better on the course as well.

The mental part of the game hurts me for sure on both ends of the spectrum. Not forgetting a bad shot or hole and looking at my score and knowing I can go lower than I ever have.

I love this , always lookin for swing specific exercises to feel looser I guess is the word in lookin for. Too many times I go from the car to the first tee. I play ok but know I could do better with at least some golf specific stretching. Thx. Freddie

Looking forward to learn from your wisdom Freddie! Great stuff coming I believe.

This sounds interesting. Subscribed.

Great idea Mr Panda. Looking forward to knowledge and tips. Thank you.

Just what I need! Thanks Freddie

Subscribed! Looking forward to this!

Really looking forward to the information that will be conveyed in this thread. I believe these aspects of the game are frequently overlooked and I am as guilty as anyone for doing so.

Looking forward to taking in as much knowledge as possible. Thanks Freddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting panda!

Back