What Club For You Had the Shortest Honeymoon Period?

Stage 2 hybrid. Loved the 3w, so I picked up the hybrid. Hated that thing with a passion.

Many clubs throughout the years but id say most of my putters. I get them all really excited to game them. I have one bad putting round and im back on the net researching putters.

2014 Ping Rapture 3 Wood. First tee shot was orgasmic, then couldn't nut anything after that. One night stand.

Callaway FT-9 driver. Just couldn't hit it. Went back to my FT-3 after a month

Octane driver. Holy badness. Bought and sold in about a week.
Old school Metal-X #6. Didn't like the feel or the shape. It was dirt cheap on CPO so it was worth a shot.

X2Hot 3 Deep with stiff green shaft . I could not get it off the ground . Lasted one range session .
A stiff green? No wonder you couldn't get it up....er...launch it higher.

Haha I remember buying these wedges off you mike. Didn't last much longer in my bag either lol.
Guess there's no need to put the two I have here on the marketplace. :sad:

Adams Pro hybrid.
I hit it at the driving range and pounded ball after ball with beautiful high draw. This was exactly what I was looking for.
I must have hit half of a bucket and couldn't miss with it, so I bought it.
I played 3 rounds with it and hit it a lot in those rounds.....unfortunately. Maybe a total of 3 good shots came out of those rounds.
Everything I hit with it was going low and right. It's in the garage now. I do plan to try it again in the Spring.

Cobra Bio Cell driver.

I hit that thing on the monitor and got it for a deal online... absolutely hated it on the course.

A number of putters for me. They feel comfortable in the Pro Shop/Indoor Putting Green, but it's been a different story on the course.

TM R1 driver. Went through the full TaylorMade fitting experience and (of course) hit it great there, but once in my bag it just wasn't happening. Gave it a couple rounds but didn't see even a glimmer of hope and went back to my original RBZ.

Same for me! Even got the shaft cut down after being fit on the simulator - almost as inconsistent as the TM Burner 2.0 Superfast was for me....

G30 Driver & 3 Wood. Bought on advice from a friend ( I won't be doing that again!) Just don't understand the hype. Anyone looking to buy them let me know!!

Mine was one of the old Callaway Jaws wedges. I think it lasted about a week and a half before I got rid of it. I couldn't afford the cost of golf balls since it was eating them up and shredding them.

I would have to say RBZ irons and Big Bertha driver.

3 Wood! Any 3 wood. Dont know what it is about 3 woods, but definitely 3 wood. :banghead:

JM

SLDR 430
X Hot Pro 3 wood
Callaway Tour Grind Wedges

3 Wood! Any 3 wood. Dont know what it is about 3 woods, but definitely 3 wood. :banghead:

JM
Um, yeah, I should have thought of that for my post. At one time, I had like 7 3Ws in my garage. The best was the R11. It lasted the longest. Then the X2 3W and now that I'm in the X2 4W, I realize this was the way to go all the way.

Original TM Ghost Spider putter. Bought it, loved it for all of about 5 rds. Don't know why I just couldn't putt with it anymore. It still sits here today.

Callaway RFX 3 wood

X2 Hot fairway woods. I smoked them in the store, and damn if they weren't super long - the damn 3W went almost as far as my driver sometimes. But there was also a tendency to pull a bit on the screens. I figured it wasn't a big deal, just my crap swing, and the club was 10 yards longer than the 913F I was hitting, so I went for a 3W/5W set on eBay. Turns out I should have went with the 913F - every time on the course after that, they were a hookfest. I held on for longer than I should have, because I immediately knew deep down they weren't going to work, but I still got rid of them within about 2 months.

They didn't work out, but they taught me a lesson about what kinds of upper bag setups work for me, and also led to a couple other THPers finding love with these clubs, so I was OK with it. Plus my very next fairway/hybrid setup (910/J40) was a winner that I got through trading and selling the X2H's!

X2Hot PRo 1 hybrid. Hated the headshape after 2 course swings, went to a X Hot Pro 1 hybrid and over-paid for it, that's how much I hated the X2.

RBZ Tour 3 wood. It's in the garage, plenty of great shots left in it, for somebody else I guess.

I'm gonna date myself here, but for me it was a Cleveland Tour Action driver. I think it was a demo session where the planets aligned, the angels sang, and I crushed a more than usual amount of them. Had to have it. Seems like the honeymoon ended as soon as I handed over the money for it.

Both TMaG products for me. The SLDR Driver and the RocketBladez Tour Irons

Is it me...or do I see a trend here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's because TMaG makes bad stuff, because I don't think they do. I believe there's a lot of marketing hype that they throw out there and it sets people's expectations very high. When those expectations aren't immediately met it's really easy to say, "It's crap".

Back