Bridgestone J15 Q & A

MellowGolf

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Good afternoon and happy PGA Show Demo day! This is Mellowman with the Bridgestone Golf B-Fit team checking in. I have been trying to keep up as much as I can with each individual Bridgestone Golf thread today. We appreciate all of the love THP has been giving our new J15 line! Keep up the great convos in those other chats, but feel free to utilize this thread for more in depth questions that you might have of me.

In the mean time I will be posting more club and demo day info here as I can (this is a such a hectic day, but I want to keep all of my THP buddies in the loop!!!).

You guys are rocking it. I am in love with these:
ce4df96510a98f7f88df6954d1352aed.jpg

Also, I'm behind but my J40 wedges got delivered today. Gonna put those new e6 balls to the test with them tomorrow!

Thanks for your support!

I'm drooling over the DF's. When are we going to see what custom shaft options are available?

Thanks for opening this up to us today, this is awesome! I am a huge Bridgestone fan, most of my bag is made up of it. I LOVE my J40 Cavity Back irons. What is the biggest difference I could expect in the J15 CB? I live in a small town with the nearest halfway decent golf shop 2+ hours away, so I'm trying to figure out whether to just take the plunge and buy or if there will not really be much difference. I have read the specs and promos but I am the kind of guy that needs stuff spelled out to me in plain English.

Was going to ask the same about shafts. A quick look at the site and i cant find any offered yet. Also, is there a launch date for the Test Drive prorgam Elliot?

I will probably find out everything I could imagine on Saturday but which set of irons is the best for a higher handicap golfer?

The CBs and DFs really have my attention.

I will ditto this comment, but the more I see them in different pictures, the more the DPF's have my attention as well.

THP has tons of content coming from Bridgestone over the coming days.

Love the entire line from top to bottom. So many options for various skill levels. Most intrigued to hear about the new driver lines...and the technology behind them.

Lol. Come on man. Change the website already, the j15's j715 should be on top first thing title page , not your nfl ball promotion. More pics of clubs also. It's almost like you guys are embarrassed to have a new line up!!! Lol. That being said I still got new clubs coming to me sight unseen, love it. Awesome clubs

Here's a question:

You guys hiring?

Ha!

Any news on what low launch low spin shaft will be available in the woods?

Why isn't there a gap wedge offered in the iron sets?

What shaft options will there be for the cast irons?

Thanks! Hey, I love my J33 & J40 FWs. How does the J15 technology differ? What differences might I expect out of the new line?

Will adapters be available for the driver for those of us that have multiple shafts in our inventory.

I'm drooling over the DF's. When are we going to see what custom shaft options are available?

The full offering of custom options should be posted on our site soon. In the mean time here is a quick overview of shaft options for the J15 irons and wedges (Keep in mind these shaft options are always subject to change).
j15IronSpecs_zps7d1115ed.jpg

The full offering of custom options should be posted on our site soon. In the mean time here is a quick overview of shaft options for the J15 irons and wedges (Keep in mind these shaft options are always subject to change).
j15IronSpecs_zps7d1115ed.jpg

oh yes some graphite shafts!!! Yippee! I wonder if the PX will be in blue or black or a different color this year. I'm really excited about the new DF's. may even go steel fiber but I haven't hit those shafts... pondering big time.

Thanks for opening this up to us today, this is awesome! I am a huge Bridgestone fan, most of my bag is made up of it. I LOVE my J40 Cavity Back irons. What is the biggest difference I could expect in the J15 CB? I live in a small town with the nearest halfway decent golf shop 2+ hours away, so I'm trying to figure out whether to just take the plunge and buy or if there will not really be much difference. I have read the specs and promos but I am the kind of guy that needs stuff spelled out to me in plain English.

Okay so in a nut shell the question is J40CB vs J15CB. The biggest change is to the cavity portion of the head, more weight on the perimeter which can lead to better stability without sacrificing feel. Also the sole grind has been changed to provide better turn interaction and less digging. the J15 still offers great control and shot shaping ability. One of the things i love most about the j15Cb is you can work the ball directionally BUT it is also easy to flight the ball with these clubs!

Can I trade my J40's for the DF's now??? I wish...

The DF's look incredible. Already trying to calculate the cost of a set with the Steel Fiber I95 shafts!!!

Back