What do you consider you set to be? Traditional 1-3-5, 3-pw or new age...hybrids.

Plinyyounger

Magistrate Ancient Rome
Reaction score
Handicap
fake peopl
I see a lot of people going to many hybrids and away from long irons and 5 woods. Where do you stand and why?

i am hitting 3-pw, driver and two hybrids, one at 20 degrees and the other at 16. No 3 wood, I can hit the hybrids almost as far with much less effort.

Wedges are personal, I'm more curious about the rest of your set.

hit em long and straight!

ken

4-PW, 3 Hybrid and 3 Wood (see signature)

3-PW, 3W, 5W no Hybrid. I hit my irons really well now and cannot imagine going to a hybrid.

That's something I'm considering doing. I can't hit my longer irons very well at all. I'm ok with my driver, 3W, and 7W but need something that goes less than my current woods but more than my 4 and 5 irons.

I've got driver, 3W, 7W, 4-Pw, AW, And SW. My 6 iron goes around 150 yards. There's a gap in there and I'm considering filling it with a hybrid or two... Or maybe I should try to play smarter golf and stay within my abilities and away from the hero shot.

I've played a set of hyrons (Cleveland HB3).

So new age.

3-PW, 3W, 5W no Hybrid. I hit my irons really well now and cannot imagine going to a hybrid.

Love my long irons too bear. But I dumped my 3 and 5 woods and use the hybrids in their place. I can swing them just like a 3 iron with a similar length shaft and get almost the same distance. That's today, who knows for tomorrow, lol.

4 - PW, Driver, 3 wood, Heavenwood (20.5* so between traditional 5w and 7w) or 5 wood (19*). Keep the 4 iron in the bag primarily for the times when a low shot is required against the wind or to get out of trouble or an easily controllable lay up on a par 5.

1w 3w 5w 3-pw 54° 60° putter

It allows me to have my gaps covered.

Usually driver, 3 or 4w, 20° and 23° utility irons, 5-pw, 50,54,58 wedges and putter

If having hybrids at all makes your bag "new age" then I guess I am new age. The tech in hybrids now a days makes hybrids hit as long as woods anyway, but they are easier to hit and easier to shape.

If having hybrids at all makes your bag "new age" then I guess I am new age. The tech in hybrids now a days makes hybrids hit as long as woods anyway, but they are easier to hit and easier to shape.

Agree 100%, I used the term new age cause I didn't know what else to call our new bags. It's certainly not a bad thing that's for sure! :)

I suspect I'm as "new age" as it gets. SGI driver, super forgiving FWs, hybrid irons, tech heavy putter. Heck, even my wedges are SGI to the max.

I go driver,3 wood and a 18* . And irons 5-gw, sw, and a lob. I will be adding a 4 iron into the mix soon, for me it provides more options both long and short. All the bases are covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver, 4-wood, 7-wood, 4 hybrid, 5 iron through 50° set wedge, sand wedge, lob wedge.

Gaps & ability to make good strikes. The numbers are just for fun.

If 4-PW and 1 hybrid is new age, then count me as that.

Driver, 18° hybrid, 4-pw, 49°, 53°, 57°and 61°

Driver, 17 degree FW, 20 degree hybrid, 4-pw irons, and 54, 58 wedges. FW and 4 iron never get used during a real round though. They scare the crap out of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver, 3W, 3-PW, 52/54/60 wedges.

The 3W doesn't get much use, but I struggle with hybrids too.

Driver, 4w, 3-pw, 50,54,58 degree wedges. One set.
Driver, 3w, 3h, 4-pw, 51,56,60 degree wedges. One set.

Call me wishy-washy.

Driver, 3w, 5w, 22* hybrid, 5-AW, 54, 58.

I've always only carried one hybrid and switch up the number of FWs and wedges. I really like my new setup, I feel like the more versatile wedges allow me more options on the top end and sacrifice nothing around the greens.

Traditional shmaditional, whatever gets the pill in the cup!

D, 3W (18 degree) 21.5 hybrid, 4-pw, 52 and 56 degree wedges. I'm actually looking to drop the 4 iron, but I can't find a 23 degree stiff shafted Cleveland Classic hybrid anywhere!

Going for a fitting soon to fill the gap between my driver and 5 iron. I suspect it will be a high loft fairway and a hybrid. But then again its a fitting. Maybe they'll suggest a new hobby...

Driver, 3W, 5W, 4H, 5-PW, GW, 54, 58 wedges As per my signature

Back