Would you mind taking a look?

Thank you guys. Right now this feels so foreign to me, but if you say things look like they're improving, I'll believe you. I hit about 60 balls focusing on these things, as well as not swaying, and I'm exhausted. A lot of poor contact shots, but there were a few good ones in there that give me hope it can work out. I'll keep you all posted, and thanks for following along and encouraging me to improve.

It's not what I say it's what I see. I hope you see the difference in the pics I posted

It's not what I say it's what I see. I hope you see the difference in the pics I posted

I absolutely see a difference, but my untrained eye couldn't tell you which one is better or why. I am honestly amazed how you can look at a video I shot on my cell phone and see all of that and I absolutely trust what you say to be what is best for my swing. Truly appreciate what you and everyone else are doing for me, and will absolutely dedicate myself to doing what you all suggest.

I know you said work for two weeks and report back, but wanted to share results I just saw on the range. Omfg am I pumped. Had some bad shots to start, but once I got going was amazing; straight shot after straight shot, and from some who always hit fade/slice, it was beautiful to see. I'll keep working and update video in two weeks but had to share and say thank you!

I know you said work for two weeks and report back, but wanted to share results I just saw on the range. Omfg am I pumped. Had some bad shots to start, but once I got going was amazing; straight shot after straight shot, and from some who always hit fade/slice, it was beautiful to see. I'll keep working and update video in two weeks but had to share and say thank you!

Happy for you Ryan. Keep at it bro!

JM

:act-up:Your post impact extension is very good now...nice changes. ..keep at all this season with what your doing now

So here we are, 2 weeks later. I've been trying to work on the things you said Freddie, and I think I've made some progress, but I'm still pretty inconsistent.

First, here's what happens when you work on new things in your swing without proper netting:
IMG_20140131_215732.jpg

Second, here's a video of my swing, once in full speed, and again in slow motion (same swing). It felt like good contact, but on review I'm worried that I'm falling into some of my old habits. Any other suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.

First off I'm. to giving tips to MC staffers any more..I kid of course

wow, is all I can say. Your swing doesn't look anything like it did when we started this. You positions are great, your back swing is strong and you set the club great at the top. Congrats...

now let's get to work

Your down swing should be started by the left hip pulling off the line away from the ball. You are sliding all the way through which could produce some good shots but if the arms are early or late you will see misses.

i don't want a huge move with the hips but just enough off the line that the club starts with the bump. Once this occurs you can swing through the ball just as you are in the video.

So what I do a lot is work on this with out a club. I setup in my posture and really feel the inside of my right leg. I can show you better in a video...

First off, good morning Kong family! Love the kids making a cameo appearance.

Second, thanks for the kind words on my swing, and for continuing to give me even more tips. You joke about not giving tips to MC staffers, but I'm sure some people out there wouldn't, and you're A+ top notch with how truly generous you are with your time and talents.

I was a little concerned with sliding, but I see very clearly in your video how it should look and I'll get working on that. It's somewhat amazing to me how foreign your initial changes felt at first, but now they are becoming second nature and I don't have to think about them as I'm swinging anymore.

Really looking good Ryan.

Thanks for the video Freddie! That is one awesome set of cute kids, man! I miss those days (mine are teens - not so cheerful in the morning; more like walking dead)

One question I have is - when does the weight shift from back leg to front in your swing? Is there a slight bump to the lef before the left hip turns back? What is your feeling?

Thanks for the video Freddie! That is one awesome set of cute kids, man! I miss those days (mine are teens - not so cheerful in the morning; more like walking dead)

One question I have is - when does the weight shift from back leg to front in your swing? Is there a slight bump to the lef before the left hip turns back? What is your feeling?

Thanks, the kids know they are cute and get away with almost every thing.

The weight shifts back to the left completely at the point of impact. It's gradual to this point or as gradual a split sec can be.

Get the bump concept out of your head. Just get that left hip moving off that line. Is there some lateral movement, yes but it's residue from the hip turn.

Thanks, the kids know they are cute and get away with almost every thing.

The weight shifts back to the left completely at the point of impact. It's gradual to this point or as gradual a split sec can be.

Get the bump concept out of your head. Just get that left hip moving off that line. Is there some lateral movement, yes but it's residue from the hip turn.

Thanks man! It seems there must be at least two schools of thought on this, because so many of the instructors I've seen have stressed the forward bump as a trigger to the downswing - even have drills to make the left hip touch a stick planted outside the left shoe to start the downswing.

I'll try it your way.

Freddie, it's been awhile since I've checked in, and wanted to make sure I'm still on the right track. I've been seeing a lot of good progress, but want to make sure I'm doing it the right way. Please let me know what you think, and anything you think I should be working on. Thanks for all the help!

Everything looks much improved from your first post, bravo. That being said we need to work on your impact position.

Your right hand is very much in control and I'd like to see more left hand. I feel the right hand should aid the left not the other way around.

So if like you to feel like you are making impact with the back of the left hand. And roll the right forearm over the left.

Right now you are pushing the right hand through and out. You want to pull it throug and left.

Thanks, Freddie. I can feel what you're talking about in my swing. I will get working on pulling through with my left instead of pushing with my right. I can't tell you how much more confidence I have in my swing since you've started helping me, so I can't thank you enough for giving me your time and knowledge. You're 1 of a kind, Mr. Kong.

Thanks, Freddie. I can feel what you're talking about in my swing. I will get working on pulling through with my left instead of pushing with my right. I can't tell you how much more confidence I have in my swing since you've started helping me, so I can't thank you enough for giving me your time and knowledge. You're 1 of a kind, Mr. Kong.
I am a fan of good golf and you are on your way!

I am a fan of good golf and you are on your way!

Started working on the left arm pulling the swing, and it's starting to feel more natural and my swing is getting much more consistent. My confidence is through the roof with all the clubs in my bag. You might get a huge hug when I see you in July.

Been awhile since I've checked in, and think some bad habits might be creeping back into my swing. Took some video on the range today, and this was towards the end of the bucket so these are some tired swings, but that's when I need the most help. It looks like there is a little bit of sliding instead of rotating, but how does the rest of it look?

Thanks for the help.

Neb- from where you were to now is light years. The swing looks great, well balanced and strong. Kept working at it. As for the slide, not so much. Maybe a hair but nothing huge. If you start to get in front of the ball, just remember to operate behind it. That thought usually keeps me behind the ball and stops the slide out in front. But like I said, the swing looks solid.

Neb- from where you were to now is light years. The swing looks great, well balanced and strong. Kept working at it. As for the slide, not so much. Maybe a hair but nothing huge. If you start to get in front of the ball, just remember to operate behind it. That thought usually keeps me behind the ball and stops the slide out in front. But like I said, the swing looks solid.

Thanks for the quick feedback, and such kind words. Glad to hear things are looking good, and I'll continue to work on making this as repeatable as possible. Thanks for all of your help Freddie; this is the swing that Freddie built!

Ryan, I just saw this thread this morning. The progress you made in (5 minutes....reading time)..in 8 months is incredible. That's a really solid move with tempo I'd kill for.

Kudo's to Freddie for giving you the info to work with, but big props to you for doing the work.

Freddie, after seeing the great feedback you posted in the pictures of you back swing thread, I thought a checkup video was in order. Here is me in my basement tonight with a 9 iron. I'm working a lot on true rotation around an axis instead of shifting my weight back and then forward as I feel I've done in the past, and also shortening the backswing to around 3/4 instead of parallel to the ground at the top. What feedback do you have, and any tips/drills I should be working on.

Got a down-range camera setup to capture that tonight, in case a different view will help with any analysis. As always, any feedback is appreciated.

Anyone who knows about swings, Freddie or not, have any feedback? Want to make sure I'm working on the right things over the winter.

Nice work on the swing...too bad you didn't do any work finishing the basement! LOL!!

Back