Mizuno MP-T5 Wedge Review

Hmmmmm...and I could do 53/57/61 if I did that through their custom order....

Hmmmmm...and I could do 53/57/61 if I did that through their custom order....

Black 53/Satin 57/Black 61...do it. I've always wanted to do that with a 3 wedge set up, but I usually never had 3 wedges. Only reason I went Titleist this time though was for the blue ones, so I couldn't do it this time either since they didn't make the blue in 50* haha

Black 53/Satin 57/Black 61...do it. I've always wanted to do that with a 3 wedge set up, but I usually never had 3 wedges. Only reason I went Titleist this time though was for the blue ones, so I couldn't do it this time either since they didn't make the blue in 50* haha

Nah, all satin IF I went this way, one of the best satin wedge finishes out there. But, I'm still holding out that the J15 line will end up on global. I hope!

The more range time I get with mine the more I like them. I posted some thoughts in one of the T5 threads http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...3-Mizuno-MP-T5-Wedges-THP-Review-Thread/page6. I put Nippon 1150's in them and really like how smooth they feel during the swing.

At this point I'm struggling with cons at going this way. Outside the face that I just adore the J15's look and buzz at being BETTER than the J40's is crazy, these were solid all around. Not huge on the way they did the grinds without a lot of specific info to consumers still (I think its a mistake), but if I went through the way I would, I would be able to pick the odd lofts and bounces I wanted (53/57/61).

Who knows though what I'll end up doing. I do know I would be happy with these, so there is that.

At this point I'm struggling with cons at going this way. Outside the face that I just adore the J15's look and buzz at being BETTER than the J40's is crazy, these were solid all around. Not huge on the way they did the grinds without a lot of specific info to consumers still (I think its a mistake), but if I went through the way I would, I would be able to pick the odd lofts and bounces I wanted (53/57/61).

Who knows though what I'll end up doing. I do know I would be happy with these, so there is that.

I think you'd probably be happy with anything you went with. No shortage of quality wedges this year.

I think you'd probably be happy with anything you went with. No shortage of quality wedges this year.

Never are. They all spin about the same, its just about what fits the eye and is comfortable to the user.

Can't blame you on the J15's if I could get them up here they would be in my bag. Mizzuno's CS didn't help much with the question regarding the types of grinds when I asked. The individual lofts between 48 and 62 or what ever it is can really help you dial in what your looking for it will be interesting to see what you do but I have a feeling it's going to be the J15's that you end up with.

Can't blame you on the J15's if I could get them up here they would be in my bag. Mizzuno's CS didn't help much with the question regarding the types of grinds when I asked. The individual lofts between 48 and 62 or what ever it is can really help you dial in what your looking for it will be interesting to see what you do but I have a feeling it's going to be the J15's that you end up with.

With that said....hahaha

Found what was essentially 2 for 1 deal on the MP T5's in satin at 54.12/58.08. This way I can add in a 61.07 or 62.08. I really enjoyed these the more I played with my review 56, so I know I will be happy. I'm actually pretty dang excited.

With that said....hahaha

Found what was essentially 2 for 1 deal on the MP T5's in satin at 54.12/58.08. This way I can add in a 61.07 or 62.08. I really enjoyed these the more I played with my review 56, so I know I will be happy. I'm actually pretty dang excited.

Sweet pickup, I enjoyed the time i spent with the T4.

Sweet pickup, I enjoyed the time i spent with the T4.

I'm bummed a bit they aren't J15's, but these are a known commodity for me which is good right now, honestly, these and the SM5's were incredibly enjoyable for me this year. Plus, the satin looks sweet in the bag next to all the Volt. :alien:

Saturday can't come soon enough.

The 54/58 came in yesterday! Its pretty cool to SEE the grind differences now compared to what was on the 56. Still not a fan of the lack of finite info on each bounce options grind, but I also know the average golfer really doesn't care as much as I do or geek out on things like that.

Looking forward tot he maiden voyage today, and deciding if I'm for sure going to add a 61 or 62 to the bag.

Could you post a pic of the sole on the 54. I would like to see the difference to my 54/08.

Could you post a pic of the sole on the 54. I would like to see the difference to my 54/08.

Absolutely, I'll grab one after work today when I get to the course.

Figured I would post these so people can see the difference in the sole with my 54/08 and Jmans 54/12.
DDFF1C86-50DD-4E98-8948-1A2CD6EFB2C3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
F644F131-B1C1-49A1-A8C3-1F7DFAF2113A.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here ya go dude!

877968a4c2821f312c6a657c75e90070.jpg

8f623aa36ed46dbcdf56268061d8e510.jpg

Loved these today. Def think the 62 is going to happen.

Absolutely loving these wedges my fitter talked me in to getting these after seeing me hit my old wedges and I am glad he did. The forgiveness is what surprised me the most my main miss is out on the toe and I am seeing very little if any loss of distance from the toe strikes. Got these in 49-54 and 58 degree with c-taper stiff shafts

If anyone is thinking about trying these I say go for it they are very nice wedges and super easy to hit

Nice Dawg! They really are solid wedges overall. Glad you're enjoying them!

Back