Price you are willing to pay for a set of iron the fills all your expectations

Dubon25

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently read an article about a golfer buying a very expensive set of Miura Irons, in the eyes of many golfers but looking at it from a different point of view not so much, if they are that one set of irons the fills every aspect of a golfer expectations, How much would be willing to pay for a set of irons like that?

I recently read an article about a golfer buying a very expensive set of Miura Irons, in the eyes of many golfers but looking at it from a different point of view not so much, if they are that one set of irons the fills every aspect of a golfer expectations, How much would be willing to pay for a set of irons like that?

What's the price of a new set? $999? That I guess. If fit correctly, pretty much everyone can find something currently out there that suits all of their needs.

$700-$800 range is what I would expect to pay

Mat sets are in the $700-1000 range so whatever works for me in that range I am good with.

I'd just wait a year or so and pick them up on close out for $199.99...

If I really thought they fit all my needs for some time to come and I wasn't just settling for either a cost or performance issue , I would be willing to pay $700-$1200. We all have a limited time so waiting could be an issue. You never know!!

It's honestly not something I think about. The last set of irons I bought (Apex/Recoil) were $1,100. But since I turn them over so frequently, with trade ins, I was only out of pocket a couple hundred. Shiny new toys are fun, and even if I found the perfect set for me, I'm not sure I'd ever stop turning them over.

$1000. But I haven't found a set of irons that fills all of my expectations, so I've never had to lay a grand on the table for a set.

~Rock

$700-$1000 as long as the set is custom fitted for my swing

Like most have said, around $700-$1000 for a custom fit set that fits my needs

Up to 1100 for the perfect set. And I think I found it. My iron striking has never been better but I only paid 700 lol

I play with a guy that has Miura irons. I have no idea what he paid for them, but I know he is a 20+ handicap. Nothing wrong with that, because he can no doubt afford them, so great. Not something I'd do, even if I could afford them. Price has nothing to do with playing good golf.

My current set is almost 4 years old and fills all my expectations. Custom built at $400.
That's what I would pay to replace them.

This is a tough one to answer for me. On the one hand I think I'd pay up to $2000 for the PERFECT set (looks like a J40 DPC, performs like a Big Bertha, oil can finish) but on the other hand there is always so much new tech coming out that I wouldn't want to shackle myself to one super expensive set.

My current set was $1500 when everything was said and done. So, I'll go with $1500

Well my precept forged premiums cost me about $150, my JB40s about $300 and my Adams CMBs with graphite about $350 so I guess I'm an under $400, used club kinda guy :smirk:

I'd pay $5k for a pin-seeking auto-aim wedge. That and a cheap set of irons should do wonders for my game.

I expect I'll work on my swing for a year and then buy the set used for less than $700 or so.

I still don't think I'll be in the irons market anytime soon...my current set meets all my expectations.

I'd spend a grand to $1200

So a more realistic answer, I think the secret is to buy your dream irons used. I'm hitting Callaway Apexes and love love love them. I didn't want to spend $1100 on them though. Buying them used was definitely the way to go. They meet all my expectations right now--just enough game improvement, totally confidence-inspiring, and really beautiful in my bag.

This is a tough one to answer for me. On the one hand I think I'd pay up to $2000 for the PERFECT set (looks like a J40 DPC, performs like a Big Bertha, oil can finish) but on the other hand there is always so much new tech coming out that I wouldn't want to shackle myself to one super expensive set.

I am with you on this one, on the one hand Technology keeps changing and on the other just our curiosity of trying new toys makes it hard to stay with one set. However, i ll think i would spend about $600 on a set of irons.

I would spend up to 1400 on a set, if I was to spend that much cash it would only be one set. Have my eyes on the Muira 510's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Fulfills all your expectations" is an interesting constraint. I buy on price, often last year's model on closeout. I enjoy trying new things, but I don't have the game to pay full retail for a fitted set from the big guys. Those prices seem completely unreasonable to me. I consider buying when the set of irons gets to $250 or lower new. So far, that has been Wilson Staff Di11, then Bio Cell. Maybe next Cleveland 588 Altitude/588 MT combo. Trade-in makes these kinds of changes low risk.

"All your expectations" would mean absurd things like preventing toe misses, never requiring cleaning, and making me score better. I know not to expect those things. :bashful:

Well considering I like to play chunkier GI type of irons this thread doesn't really apply to me since you can get those for relatively cheap. But hypothetically I would pay upwards to $2000 if I could see a noticeable difference between them and the rest and I knew I would keep them for several years.

Back