Parsons Xtreme Driver

Do we know if it's mostly aesthetics or if there is a true intent for adjustability via major manipulation of the screws?

I guess we don't, but I can't see any other reason they'd be moveable and there would be empty slots.

Just googled this and from the pics the crown is not dissimilar to the newer Ping drivers sans turbulators. Plain eggshell matt black. Decent profile and deep face not unlike Alpha. What I'm saying is the sole plate of most clubs isn't usually the pretty part. Many OEMs use that space to visually emphasis their tech.

First impression, I see potential pros and cons here.
Biggest cons: 1) Too much work for those who don't like to tinker (I love to, so no problem for me), seems there would be issues keeping the threads clean in the empty holes, from what others say here, it'll be very costly.
Biggest potential pro to me would be the super adjustability this might provide golfers and fitters. In a couple of the pics you see that Moore has just six screws installed, the four from the front center of the head out toward the toe and then the two just past the curve of the toe. So presumably fade biased and more mass to help with a toe miss. The screws might have different lengths or weights. They might even have heavier material out toward the end, potentially making them, in essence, mini gravity cores of different lengths and weights that could be positioned precisely to the golfers best fit. Not necessarily a good off the rack club, but for fitters trained to tune it there could be some innovative potential here.

I'm just not ready to say no-way just based off an ugly sole plate pic.

I can get past the looks if it performs, that being said I do want to see the crown and face and I wonder what the grip and shaft (stock pairings) look like too.

The logo looks like something from an 80's concert poster - is Foreigner opening for Journey at the Rose Bowl? Seems a bit unsophisticated for what I seem to recall is going to be an expensive driver. But we don't see that or the screws on a regular basis so whatever. I'd like to give it a few swings.

I guess we don't, but I can't see any other reason they'd be moveable and there would be empty slots.

The thing that confuses me is I guess I don't understand why you'd have some weights forward, and some back. So, why not just use a single weight there? Unless Parsons really, really likes the look of hex screws. Judging from the pictures of the putter I saw, I'm thinking it's the latter.

The thing that confuses me is I guess I don't understand why you'd have some weights forward, and some back. So, why not just use a single weight there? Unless Parsons really, really likes the look of hex screws. Judging from the pictures of the putter I saw, I'm thinking it's the latter.

Hex has X, and X is XXXXXXtreeeeeeeeeme.

I'm trying to find a web site for them, not having much luck. Isn't that odd considering the guy founded GoDaddy.com?

I'm trying to find a web site for them, not having much luck. Isn't that odd considering the guy founded GoDaddy.com?

Don't expect to find any actual information on the site, but here you go: http://pxg.com/

Shocker on the MyGolfSpy "exclusive".

It looks like a PING. I'm shocked...or not.

It looks like a PING. I'm shocked...or not.

Ping takes patents and IP seriously. I wonder how active their legal department has been with this endeavour.

I still do not understand all the screws!

Back