First ever lesson tomorrow

Thedoswells

Reaction score
Handicap
GST 12.0
Got my first ever lesson booked in for tomorrow evening. Very excited.
hope I can make the most of it and find time to practice what I learn...

good luck and enjoy.

good luck and enjoy.
Thanks. I figure it's about time, and will be a short game lesson, an area where I couldnt get any worse really :act-up:

Good luck and make sure he doesn't throw too much at you at one time

Good luck and make sure he doesn't throw too much at you at one time
Sounds like good advice. I'm hoping for one or 2 basic things to work on rather than a complete overhaul...

Enjoy, soak it all in, it'll be one of the best decisions you've made for your golf game!

Enjoy, soak it all in, it'll be one of the best decisions you've made for your golf game!
I hope so. I get so frustrated the number of times I am on or around the green in regulation and then barely get down in 3 more...

Sounds like good advice. I'm hoping for one or 2 basic things to work on rather than a complete overhaul...

That's the best way to go. Work on one or two things and then go from there

Let me know how it goes!!

I was just going to post something similar. I've been golfing for almost 40 years, and I am finally going to take a lesson.

I know where: Nemacolin Resort http://www.nemacolin.com/golf/golf-academy
but I don't know what, yet.

Make sure you write down all your takeaways in a notebook. I've found it really helpful so I don't forget what we've covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you write down all your takeaways in a notebook. I've found it really helpful so I don't forget what we've covered.

Now that is a good tip, although to some extent I hope we don't start with too much. Good thing is that the lesson will be at the driving range so if I go to practice I can check anything with the pro first...

Excellent decision. Lessons have helped me out a lot.

Only advice from me - go all in. Do exactly what he says to do at 100%. Don't second guess their methods or try to integrate your own ideas on your practice time (unless instructed to do so). Be totally transparent with them about how you're feeling about whatever it is you're working on. Get your moneys worth out of their advice. Expecting certain improvements when you've only followed their advice halfway is a real trap for a lot of us.

Can you tell that was based on experience? Good luck!

Excellent decision. Lessons have helped me out a lot.

Only advice from me - go all in. Do exactly what he says to do at 100%. Don't second guess their methods or try to integrate your own ideas on your practice time (unless instructed to do so). Be totally transparent with them about how you're feeling about whatever it is you're working on. Get your moneys worth out of their advice. Expecting certain improvements when you've only followed their advice halfway is a real trap for a lot of us.

Can you tell that was based on experience? Good luck!

thank you v much for this post...

Good luck and have fun!

Good luck with it! I had my first in 1972/73 and my last, last fall, all by the same PGA Pro.

Good luck with it! I had my first in 1972/73 and my last, last fall, all by the same PGA Pro.
Wow good man. I'll have to go some to get to that kind of record. Now I guess i have to assume that I will be going backwards before going forwards?

My advice is to relax and enjoy it. If you struggle with what he's showing you, it's okay. But, listen and try to understand the lesson. What's important is after the lesson and your work on the drill he will give you.

Good luck, relax, enjoy, and enjoy.

Good luck with your lesson today!

In the last 4-5 minutes of your lesson ask if you can record a video of him reviewing your lesson, demonstrating what flaw you're working on and the drill. This helps me a lot.

Back