Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Fred Couples

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • John Daly

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • David Duval

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters
Im surprised some think Sergio is done. I believe he won just last year on the Euro tour. I may be off about that, but I think he did. Plus I thought he played well at the Masters. Another thing that could be scaring people off about DD, is that he does not hold a tour card right now. I believe almost all of his entries are from exemptions.

I think he's done mentally. At first we all heard the downslide was due to the breakup but come on. That was a loooong time ago. He should have gotten over that already. Top that with him being a very bad putter and I just don't see him in the winners circle. Don't get me wrong. I actually like him as a golfer. But I just think he doesn't have the drive and passion for the game. He's got his money and I think he's done. Duval on the other hand is an excellent putter. That always helps. I think he's got enough exemptions that he will get his tour card back. Plus in every interview that I've seen of him lately his attitude is superb. He just looks ready.

Its funny, because the same exact thing you said about Sergio was what has been said about Duval for years up until his US Open run. I believe that since the breakup, Sergio has a win (Euro Tour), but I could be wrong.

It will be Sergio in the next calendar year. The others won't win another tournament on the PGA Tour.

looks like Sergio hasnt won since 2008, twice on the euro tour and The Players Championship

Its funny, because the same exact thing you said about Sergio was what has been said about Duval for years up until his US Open run. I believe that since the breakup, Sergio has a win (Euro Tour), but I could be wrong.

Your talking about the mental aspect right? Yeah it was said that DD had lost his confidence but recently to me at least it seems as if he has his confidence back. I am pretty sure I've read also where other players have noticed how much better DD has been playing and how he looks out there. Also he has always been a great putter which is key. Sergio on the other hand IMO has just lost it. Not the same person who was jump skipping up the fairway to see where his ball was going against Tiger. But I will say he has immense talent.

Your talking about the mental aspect right? Yeah it was said that DD had lost his confidence but recently to me at least it seems as if he has his confidence back. I am pretty sure I've read also where other players have noticed how much better DD has been playing and how he looks out there. Also he has always been a great putter which is key. Sergio on the other hand IMO has just lost it. Not the same person who was jump skipping up the fairway to see where his ball was going against Tiger. But I will say he has immense talent.

Im not a big Sergio fan. Not by any means. IN fact I have been one of his biggest critics here. But I am just not sure I could say that. DD may be playing a little better here and there. But the guy did not even play well enough to get through Q-School. He is also not real fit anymore, as he looks more like the guy that ate DD and in my opinion, that shows a lot of where his head is, especially for this guy. Its been a long time since Sergio had his scissor kick. But as was pointed out, he won 3 times (2 Euro and TPC) in 2008. That is not too long ago. I hope I am wrong in some ways, but I do not think Duval will ever win again on the PGA. He does not seem to have the heart for it. Hence one of the reasons he quit the 1st time.

Just a month ago in the Masters, I thought Sergio played really well.

Im not a big Sergio fan. Not by any means. IN fact I have been one of his biggest critics here. But I am just not sure I could say that. DD may be playing a little better here and there. But the guy did not even play well enough to get through Q-School. He is also not real fit anymore, as he looks more like the guy that ate DD and in my opinion, that shows a lot of where his head is, especially for this guy. Its been a long time since Sergio had his scissor kick. But as was pointed out, he won 3 times (2 Euro and TPC) in 2008. That is not too long ago. I hope I am wrong in some ways, but I do not think Duval will ever win again on the PGA. He does not seem to have the heart for it. Hence one of the reasons he quit the 1st time.

Just a month ago in the Masters, I thought Sergio played really well.

That is hilarious

I went with Freddy, his game seems to be in much better shape than the rest of the list at this moment in time.

I picked Garcia. I would love to have said Daly...but lets be serious. not gonna happen.

Puttin4Bird said:
I went with Freddy, his game seems to be in much better shape than the rest of the list at this moment in time.

I agree, but it isn't good enough to win against a full PGA field though. It's mighty close but I don't think it's realistic.

Sergios game Isnt there either- but at least he has another 10 years to recover it. Freddie has a 1 1/2 year window to win. Tops.

If you are asking who is more likely to win this year it is Freddy hands down. If you are askig who is more likely to win again EVER the only real choice is Sergio.

Duval.

If you are asking who is more likely to win this year it is Freddy hands down. If you are askig who is more likely to win again EVER the only real choice is Sergio.

The question is who wins first.

The question is who wins first.

I guess that was my point JB. I think Sergio gets the edge because his chance of winning in the next 10 years is better than FC chance to win this year or next. I feel that is true regardless of FC being the better golfer of the two right now

GOT TO go with david , he wants to win a us open before he done. hes got it in him

JD is totally on the verge of a breakthrough, close close close

you mean the kind that says 'I'm just not that good anymore' or 'maybe I should put my name on the list for the Haney Project 3 candidates?'
JD is totally on the verge of a breakthrough, close close close

I think the breakthrough coming soon would be his ability to sue charities and children's dreams...Oh wait, he just did that.

Back