Do you buy your clubs new or used?

I purchase most of mine from Callaway Pre-owned, Most of the Time they are still in the plastic wrapper but I have gotten a few that had been taped and hit.

Woods I go used, Irons and wedges I go 2 seasons old and look for new to find a great deal and havent had a problem doing that yet.

I also like both.

I think all of my clubs I bought used, no need to pay the high mark up of new clubs. Only way I would buy new is if the price difference between the two were very close. However I would consider buying new wedges since used ones are usually pretty worn and effect performance.

I buy a lot of my clubs used would love to get more that are new but not always in the budget.

A mix of both. I've been able to find lot of great deals online and in store (shockingly enough being a lefty).

I think all of my clubs I bought used, no need to pay the high mark up of new clubs. Only way I would buy new is if the price difference between the two were very close. However I would consider buying new wedges since used ones are usually pretty worn and effect performance.

This is what I did too. Got them a few seasons old though and saved about half off retail. Will probably do the same again once these wear out (had them a year and a half so far, I think I'll be able to use them through the rest of this year no problem).

I generally buy new. Sometimes previous models at a reduced price & may be ex-demo, mainly because I can't avail of the great deals on preowned websites e.g. Callaway Preowned (when you add shipping and duty charges).

I buy both but my wedges I generally only buy new

Mix of both. But, even my new clubs are usually a generation or two old. My G25 was a demo club that was about $150 cheaper than one off the rack, and it still comes with a warranty. That's hard to beat. Until my game is at a point that warrants it, I'll stick to buying this way.

About the only thing I won't buy used are wedges. And I just made an exception there for a great price. As long as it's well taken care of and the price is right, I'll consider it

A little of both, but I definitely buy more used than new.

Irons, driver, woods, hybrids - all were purchased new

Wedges I always buy new.

Putters is a bit of both. New when I can afford it, used (things like Scotty) when I can't.

I've done both, but recently my purchases have been on the used side.

Both for me. Just really depends on what I'm buying.

I have bought a good bit of stuff used. Including a pair of Ecco shoes. They are still great for $10.00.

I just have to be careful to never drink and buy online. Sometimes I get R and S mixed up for shafts.
Best buy was my Wilson Staff Nexus bag...On Craigslist for $65.00.

I've always bought used - except for putters. My current bag has some pretty old clubs, but they're clubs I trust. I treated myself last year to some new irons - Apexes. First irons I've been fit for.

Definitely both. All depends on money. If I can afford to buy new, I will. But if I find a steal, Ill buy used

I have to get my irons at +1.5 so I can't ever buy them used.

Always used or a new older model. I just cannot justify the cost of new clubs. I enjoy hunting for deals.

Both. 90% new, but I have bought used from Callaway Preowned in the past, and my current irons were a gift from my PGA Teaching Pro who once gamed them in the Indiana Am and he received them as a gift from Jim Gallagher Sr. when he was selling them new, so my irons were free and have lots of history.

I have a second bag of all Callaway clubs and all were bought new. Nothing wrong with waiting a little these days as prices dive as soon as the next release hits the stores. Lots of good deals to be had. Just be sure who you are dealing with as the market including eBay is flooded with counterfeits.

In the past, I was always buying new...and predominately it was because I rarely played clubs at standard length/lie. But recently I've started working on clubs a little bit, and wouldn't think twice about shortening irons, wedges, or a putter and regripping. So now it's definitely a mix of both.

In the past I always bought new...since coming to this site, and finding Callaway Pre-owned...I have drifted to more used clubs...I think the only clubs I tend to buy new now are wedges

I buy the majority of my stuff new. Great prices can be had in anything if you know where to look. The only used clubs I will buy on a regular are putters.

I buy a mix of both but never full retail.

Back