Do you buy your clubs new or used?

All mine are used, which I have no problem with. The work and look the same as if I bought them in the store. I make sure the ones I buy have no skymarks or chips out of them and I am all set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy both. It really depends on the deal I can get.

Both. Depends on the situation.

Putters are about all I buy used. And two of the last three putters I've owned I paid full retail for. But that's not the norm for the rest of my clubs. I normally always buy new and try to find the best price. But my eyes are always open to both new and used

Driver, 3W, and hybrids I usually purchase used, irons, wedges and putter I always purchase new.

Usually used, especially drivers.

I bought my driver, hybrids, irons and putter new. The wedges were hand me downs. My 3w was bought off of ebay. But, I did that because it was the same stock setup as my driver.

Everything that is currently in my bag was new, although I have a used putter, two used drivers, and a used 3W that need to audition for gamer status. I was fitted for +1" irons so that may be a challenge going forward to find used, but if they're in good shape, I have no issue buying used.

I buy mostly used unless I find an unreal deal or purchase components. I look at used golf clubs like a used car. If its got low miles, its worth a buy.

I buy new, generally, but if I ever buy used it's on Callaway Pre-Owned.

I bought all new equipment last spring.
I have since bought used irons, hybrids, woods, and putters.
Driver was given to me thru #PersonalDistance. New.

I take a different sort of route, I buy new but last year's models in a driver. I just bought a 913 d2 new for $210 which is as cheap as I can build a component driver. My irons are new components from Golfworks and are as cheap as gently used irons but custom built. Now when I find a driver I love I'll find the matching fairways and I'll buy them used.

I buy new. I will buy used clubs if I'm just looking to test out a club. If I know it's going in my bag, I'll try to find a good deal on a new one.

Both. I definitely am willing to buy high quality used clubs. When I buy new it's very often a prior years model or current model that has been out long enough to be on sale.

I'll buy both. I won't buy a new club when it's just released, I'll wait a bit for a sale or for another line to come out and bump down the price.

If I buy used, I prefer to buy from THPers, or from a place I can see the club in person first such as Golfsmith or 3 Ball's brick and mortar shop. I'll buy on eBay if it's a deal but I try to stick with PGA tradein partners.

I try to buy slightly used. Right now I have a new, last years closeout bargain driver (new) , and a (new) putter that came out 2 years ago. Everything else is gently used.

Jack

Depends on the deal and on if they are my specs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy both. Depends on what type of deals they have.

Every club I have bought has been new. I'm not against buying used its just that one of the perks of my job is a PUD with a few different manufacturers.

I usually buy my equipment gently used expect for a putter. I started out buying used from the beginning. But last year, 2014, was the first year the I purchased brand new clubs, irons and driver. They play just the same! But it was nice to have a new set for once.

About half my clubs in the bag right now were bought new, but the driver and irons are almost new. The driver PING G25 was used but when it came it was like new, I could not tell if it was used or new. The irons 7-GW were open box and were also like new. Three hybrids, wedges, fairway woods, and putter were bought new. The way OEM prices keep dropping unless you are absolutely certain you have to buy something brand new it pays to wait and buy it next year for about half price.

Most in my bag have been slightly used with a couple new.

Always new...discounted if possible.

Both.
I've done lots of business with CPO.
Recently upgraded my irons to Ping's. Those were bought new after a fitting.

Back