Golf Travel Bags....know a good one?

If I flew more often I don't think I would hesitate to get one. But right now I'm trying to find something around or under $150. With the wilson discount I can get their travel bag but I'm not sure if the nexus cart bag will fit in it
Yeah I got a carry case just sitting here if you wanna take a look at it

I understand the want to go cheap if you don't fly you're clubs very often but if you think about it, I wouldn't want to go the cheap route on a bag when I'm protecting my clubs that cost a lot more. I completely agree the sun mountain glider is top notch.

DSC_1291-L.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Yours was the first one of those I saw in person. Remember how easy you wheeled yours into the hotel at PGA National while I fought with mine up the ramp and all. Ha

But I have since joined the family thanks to Greggdrews

What are good travel bags for cart bags?
I can fit a staff bag with about 25 clubs in the club glider. It's a tight fit but will definitely fit

Anyone have any experience with the Ogio Mammoth? I like the idea of the detachable shoe bag and the protective hat section.

Bumping this thread back up for some suggestions - I am flying to Tampa in a couple of months for a bachelor party and we are playing a few rounds at Streamsong

I've never travelled with clubs before so I'm considering some options:
A) buy a travel bag and hope I use it more than once a year

B) use a service to ship my clubs the week of my trip

When all is said and done, the cost of shipping clubs ahead of time is almost as much as buying a bag - for those who fly w/ clubs a lot, do airlines charge a lot more to check golf clubs? I know it depends on airline but any general feedback on personal experiences will be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Ogio Mammoth and it has served me well. If you have the funds, Sun Mountain Club Glider is the best hands down

I have the Ogio Monster, it's been on several trips with 2 different staff bags with no issues.

I bought a hard case so didn't have to worry - airlines don't cover your clubs in soft bags, they are pretty clear about that. I only take them once or twice a year tops but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Bumping this thread back up for some suggestions - I am flying to Tampa in a couple of months for a bachelor party and we are playing a few rounds at Streamsong

When all is said and done, the cost of shipping clubs ahead of time is almost as much as buying a bag - for those who fly w/ clubs a lot, do airlines charge a lot more to check golf clubs? I know it depends on airline but any general feedback on personal experiences will be helpful

I think the airlines charge the same for a bag as a piece of luggage but, while I travel a fair amount with clubs, am not sure as I have status so my bags go for free.

If you have to pay $25-30 each way for a checked bag, you might want to check with Fedex on cost to ship clubs back and forth. I used a Trav-a-Lite hardcase that is also a bag so it weighs in around 23lbs with clubs. Sending that ground is not terribly expensive. If your have a lighter bag, I would expect that to not cost too much. Fedex has a special box they can put the clubs in as well.

I normally fly Southwest and they don't charge for 2 checked bags. Even though it's oversized as long as it's not over 50 pounds a golf bag still flys for free.

I use a Club Glove Last Bag that I purchased off eBay a couple of years ago. It is very sturdy, well padded and attaches to my suitcase for easy movement (connected they act like the Club Glider).

Regardless of the type of travel bag/case you use I would recommend either the Club Glove Stiff Arm or the one I use, the Bag Boy Backbone to further protect your clubs. Some say they aren't needed but I think they are cheap insurance. Especially since I watched the baggage gorrillas launch my clubs from the top of a loaded baggage cart headfirst onto the tarmac while enroute to the SeeMore event.

There were some additional suggestions in an older thread (link below) that I haven't noticed in this one.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?41982-Travel-Covers-The-Definitive-Thread

Just got back from a trip to Hilton Head using the CaddyDaddy travel bag for the first time and loved it. It's much lighter and less awkward than the soft travel bag I've used previously. It fit all 14 clubs (had to remove driver head cover). Not a ton of room for shoes, etc. but it only weighed 30 lbs fully loaded. I've taken non-golf trips where I could have sqeezed in a round of golf but didn't because of the hassle of dragging the clubs in the big bulky travel bag. But the caddydaddy is easy enough to make this a non-issue.

If you happen to buy a hard case one, make sure it fits in your car. I had to return mine after making it to the parking lot, and it wouldn't fit in my trunk, lol. So had to trade in for a soft Ogio one. Really nice, but it should have the stiffener in it for protecting the driver.

Back