Golf Travel Bags....know a good one?

ewilk39

Reaction score
Handicap
I Have a BB Alpha driver and need to protect it...looking to spend no more than $200 and wheels are a must....GO !

The SunMountain ClubGlider Line.
Nothing even comes close.

They cost more than $200, but deals can be had at times.

I have an Ogio. It's older, but it's a freaking war horse. Rolls easy and has tons of room. Looks good too.

This, so much this.

I have the ogio monster and it does a pretty good job. But if I were to do it again, Sun Mountain club glider all the way.

second this...best decision I made before going to Bstone U. Best bag and watched lots of people struggle with one thing or another with their bags. The wheel system on this is above and beyond better than all other models. The extra money spent now will save in the long run

Club gloves I heard I top notch, I have an older model. It worked perfect last trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my Ogio Monster. If I traveled more with my clubs the Sun Mountian Club Glider would be a no brainer.

U can get the non tour version of the sun mountain line on ebay for 230.
If the 200 is ur budget the tour is out for sure but I'm are there are others here who can chime in with less expensive options that work so you aren't spending 350.

Or....take the head off of ur driver and pack it in your carry on

Thanks mancest!! I just ordered mine. I had a bagboy that was good for what it was. Lent it to a friend and never saw it again. He "swears" he gave it back. No big deal, I actually found it at a local pawn shop for $25 when it first opened up. Now the blessing in disguise; I wouldn't have bought this one if I still had THAT one!! This looks like it's an awesome bag and they even had it in the digicamo which I liked.

I have a KBS hard case and love it! I have the one that fits a staff bag. No issues after 7 years of use.

Another vote for club glider. Saw Jman had one at an event and I knew the skb hard case was done. One of my best golf investments for sure

OGIO for my cart bag. Lots of padding plus I use one of those poles just for extra

Club Glider Meridian here. Been through several and nothing comes even close to this line from SM.

Any hard case recs? I've got a soft case but I know airlines don't insure soft cases, they only insure hard cases. Been looking at something like this
golf-travel-bags-guardian-hard-shell-case-40.jpg

I have the SKB hard case, it has served me well in the 3.5 years I've had it.

That club glider one is special. I still lug around this one and have not had any complaints. Been using it since 2007 and the durability has been excellent.

turtle2a.jpg

I bought my Sun Mountain Clubglider Meridian on Black Friday for $199. I haven't used it yet, so I won't comment on how I like it or not (I'm sure I will), but deals can be found.

I bought my Sun Mountain Clubglider Meridian on Black Friday for $199. I haven't used it yet, so I won't comment on how I like it or not (I'm sure I will), but deals can be found.

I know someone who is traveling very soon who can give it a test run for you haha

Clubglider meridian, buy it and never worry about it again

I have one of these (Trav-a-lite Ultima II) in black. Unfortunately no longer made but I had seen some on eBay, etc.

It is a 7.5" x ~50" long. Rolls with wheels and when you take the cap off, there is a carry strap. Not a course carry bag (but OK to carry from car) but I have used it on a cart often. I can put 14 clubs in it by inverting the irons (I put them in iron covers or tennis socks so they don't bang around). If you have a detachable head on driver/fairways, that is even better as then you only need to put the shafts into the bag.

If you can find one and are comfortable with the concept, I can recommend it highly. Certainly removes worry of clubs getting damaged.

http://www.caddybytes.com/tour_caddy_limited_edition_golf_bag.htm

ULTIISLa.jpg

Go with the Club Glider Meridian and it will be one of the best golf purchases you will ever make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back