Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Bertha AW. Too big of gap between the PW and my 50*.

Funny. Made the exact same purchase from Callaway yesterday. Now if the course would just open so I can get these bad boys outside.

Alpha 815 was fun gravity core down was the better of the two, speeder shaft was alright think there's better. No numbers just live ball flight outside.

Pondering a new set of irons... my 710 AP1's have treated me well. Those of greatest interest appear to be the RSI2, D200. Haven't gotten too deep into the search yet, nor trying them out.

Don't sleep on the C series Squints. Probably closer to what you are playing now.

Don't sleep on the C series Squints. Probably closer to what you are playing now.

Agreed. I've hit the 714 AP1 and the C100's side by side and they are at times nearly indistinguishable in performance.

XR Pros, J15 Black oxide 58*, and Alpha 815 metalwoods are pondered on the daily. Such quality gold equipment out right now.

Can anyone give me some stand bag tips? I have no idea what is good lol. I have a gift card to GolfDiscount.com (and possibly some trade in value), and this page is kind of the sweet spot for prices I can deal with:

http://www.golfdiscount.com/golf-bags/stand-bags/mens?dir=asc&order=price&p=2

Of those, I'd be leaning towards the Adams ST1404, Sun Mountain Three 5, or Callaway Hyper-Lite 5. Any tips?

After a little more delving around their site, I think I may have found the killer deal:

http://www.golfdiscount.com/ogio-2014-ozone-hybrid-golf-bag

And it has this Woode system that I keep hearing everybody loves. Is this the way to go, or is something like the Three 5 or the Hyper Lite 5 a lot better?

I returned my Ogio to get the Titleist because the Ogio's legs would not extend properly. This was 1.5??? seasons ago, but at the time I was told it was a common problem with their bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I returned my Ogio to get the Titleist because the Ogio's legs would not extend properly. This was 1.5??? seasons ago, but at the time I was told it was a common problem with their bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is enough for me. I'm going either SM 3.5 or HL5, depending on which colorway I prefer I think.

A little bit of PING pondering right now. G30 line in particular

Even though there is nothing wrong w my SM4 52 56 62 Vokeys, I am pondering the J40s in 52 56 60. Also pondering picking up some B330-S or B330-RX even though I have plenty of XVs and Prov 1 and xs stashed away

A little bit of PING pondering right now. G30 line in particular

G30 LS has me intrigued for me. Although I know you'd get slayed getting rid of your G5, the G30 fairways are legit.

G30 LS has me intrigued for me. Although I know you'd get slayed getting rid of your G5, the G30 fairways are legit.

Just because I buy a new one doesn't mean I have to get rid of the old one :)

Just because I buy a new one doesn't mean I have to get rid of the old one :)

Touche! Great point. Wish I had that mind set before converting purchases to ponders. Grass isn't always greener.

Touche! Great point. Wish I had that mind set before converting purchases to ponders. Grass isn't always greener.

Almost every piece of equipment I've gotten rid of in pursuit of a replacement, I've regretted it. Time to hang on to some of this stuff

Almost every piece of equipment I've gotten rid of in pursuit of a replacement, I've regretted it. Time to hang on to some of this stuff

Retention until validation. I like it and will adopt it.

Now to use the XR Pros as a test subject....

It wasnt of interest to me but it is longer than the DBD for me and seemed to be staying on line a bit more

Now that is a recipe for success right there. Coming off last years underrated X2Hot Pro, get it done!

back thinking about Heavenwood. Monday I had 2 attempts are the green from 205+, both hit the green.

back thinking about Heavenwood. Monday I had 2 attempts are the green from 205+, both hit the green.
Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back