The GoPro & Action Cam Thread

either works, copy to your computer of pull from your card. Copying to your computer makes more files to delete later but could speed up import and such if you have a slow card or card reader.

either way should work without much difference unless you are talking about very large/multiple files. I wouldnt sweat it.

either works, copy to your computer of pull from your card. Copying to your computer makes more files to delete later but could speed up import and such if you have a slow card or card reader.

either way should work without much difference unless you are talking about very large/multiple files. I wouldnt sweat it.

I went to step 2 (edit) but when I went to import from the GoPro it wouldn't show any files. See if importing to network changes anything.

I usually pull the microSD card out of the GoPro and put it into a reader; copy the movies off; import them into Studio.

I haven't done much with mine this year due to no snowboarding this year. The few times I have messed with it I either pulled from camera or from the card inserted in my computer.

You have to do it via the GoPro studio software:

1. Go to Step 2: Edit
  2. Select the desired video clip so that it is displayed in the Player window.
  3. Mac instructions - Place the playhead so that the frame you want to export is displayed in the player window, then selecting Share > Export Still.
  4. Windows Instructions - Place the playhead so that the frame you want to export is displayed in the player window, then selecting File > Export > Still Image.
  5. Then just select the image Name, Location and Size to Export (small, medium, large, & native) and click Export.
  6. Check out the location you specified to verify that the image was created.
On PC I think the keyboard shortcut is CTRL+SHIFT+E. I always save as Native resolution.

The one second burst mode typically wont get the whole swing, you have to start on the takeaway to get the "good stuff" on burst mode. There is a hack you can put on your microSD that will do a continuous burst mode but it still pauses for a second to save the pics to the card so I haven't had any better luck with it.

The resolution is better with burst mode but it isn't shabby exporting from video either if you use 1080p 60fps mode. Most of my posted pics in the action cam and pictures threads come from exported images. My current avatar is from an image export.

The picture quality seems less than the burst photos.....smaller file size. That expected doing it this way?

What were your video settings?

The picture quality seems less than the burst photos.....smaller file size. That expected doing it this way?

Yes but shouldn't be too much unless video settings were low.

What were the settings of record on the video?

1080S......my playback is grainy and slow too. Might be the computer I'm using. Might not be able to keep up with the file size.

1080S......my playback is grainy and slow too. Might be the computer I'm using. Might not be able to keep up with the file size.

Hmmm. Try playing it in a different program?

What frame rate? Also, what are your conversion settings?

Michael Breed is using a Go Pro on the Golf Fix right now. Pretty cool

Was able to mess around with my GoPro yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is the same way Nate, but on all settings. I might try updating my GoPro to see if that helps any.

Took this a few weeks ago one my 1st time out with the GoPro. Still a work in progress.

NateJon_zpscq0re0kz.jpg

Took this a few weeks ago one my 1st time out with the GoPro. Still a work in progress.

NateJon_zpscq0re0kz.jpg
How are you liking it? There's a Hero 3+ Black for sale locally for a great price. Thinking of selling my shotgun to be able to pick it up. Been wanting one for a while.

How are you liking it? There's a Hero 3+ Black for sale locally for a great price. Thinking of selling my shotgun to be able to pick it up. Been wanting one for a while.

I like it. Still playing around with it and learning more. Still having playback delays/issues with it on the computer but think it's just not equipped to run these bigger files in HD. Need to play around with lower res. to see if that helps on the playback and editing.

I like it. Still playing around with it and learning more. Still having playback delays/issues with it on the computer but think it's just not equipped to run these bigger files in HD. Need to play around with lower res. to see if that helps on the playback and editing.
If you upload them to YouTube or burn them to a DVD they do fine? Assuming you've done that.

Are your delay issues happening in iMovie by chance? Or what video player are you using?

Are your delay issues happening in iMovie by chance? Or what video player are you using?

It happens in the player (windows I believe) and in the GoPro app. If I wait a few minutes in the windows player it will finally play. But in GoPro software it delays/skips longer.

It happens in the player (windows I believe) and in the GoPro app. If I wait a few minutes in the windows player it will finally play. But in GoPro software it delays/skips longer.

That app is not great.
Open the video up in a player called VLC (its free to download) and see if its choppy. It will let you know if its your machine or the software.

That app is not great.
Open the video up in a player called VLC (its free to download) and see if its choppy. It will let you know if its your machine or the software.

Downloaded and it's better but still skips. So looks like it's probably computer media card issue in keeping up with file.

Is there another free editing software out there that might be easier/better to use with the video files?

Downloaded and it's better but still skips. So looks like it's probably computer media card issue in keeping up with file.

Is there another free editing software out there that might be easier/better to use with the video files?
I'm the wrong guy to ask there as I use paid software. IMOVIE and windows movie maker (which is the better of the two) are most common. If its skipping in the media player, it means it's the computer trying to handle it and the graphics card can't keep up most likely.

What are you using?

I'm the wrong guy to ask there as I use paid software. IMOVIE and windows movie maker (which is the better of the two) are most common. If its skipping in the media player, it means it's the computer trying to handle it and the graphics card can't keep up most likely.

What are you using?

It's a Lenovo Miix tablet/laptop.

Back