Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

I'm out of town next weekend so I'll have to pass

I'm in

If I don't have our lacrosse game in Columbus I'm in. If I do then I'm probably out. Won't probably know that for a couple days though

Cool I'll circle back in a few days and we can figure it out

What a good game, rooting for Wisconsin. I just booked as as single the Kent State course tomorrow 11:10 Hot Deal on GolfNow 18/ $14 with cart, if anyone wants to join. I got the green light from the boss, and wasted no time waiting to book a tee time. If anyone wants to play, book through GolfNow. I've got no problem playing alone- I'll probably end up headphoning up and walking if I play alone, but I'd rather hop in a cart and get a sub-4 hour round in with someone else. http://www.golfnow.com/akron-canton/tee-times/hot-deals/oh---akroncanton/search

What a good game, rooting for Wisconsin. I just booked as as single the Kent State course tomorrow 11:10 Hot Deal on GolfNow 18/ $14 with cart, if anyone wants to join. I got the green light from the boss, and wasted no time waiting to book a tee time. If anyone wants to play, book through GolfNow. I've got no problem playing alone- I'll probably end up headphoning up and walking if I play alone, but I'd rather hop in a cart and get a sub-4 hour round in with someone else. http://www.golfnow.com/akron-canton/tee-times/hot-deals/oh---akroncanton/search
I played there last year and that place was a train wreck. They let all the grass grow high and we're tearing crop apart in the middle of peak golf season. Hopefully it's better

I played there last year and that place was a train wreck. They let all the grass grow high and we're tearing crop apart in the middle of peak golf season. Hopefully it's better

That's too bad. I played there a couple times last season... it wasn't terrible at all, though clearly not a premium golf course. Most of the times I've played there, it's always had some unfinished eyesore (but really not obstructive) sand trap project or cart path in need of repairs being completed, but really not a bad course to play for less than $15 on a Sunday morning (you get what you pay for most of the time). The greens usually aren't terrible, the front 9 is short and funky with a par of like 34 (not for good or bad, it's just a weird layout), but the back 9 more than makes up for the lack of distance with a couple longer holes, and I think the back 9 is a really pretty, fun, and fair golf course. Taking the cost into consideration, I think it's a great value for a change of scenery once or twice a year. I've certainly paid more to play crappier courses, though I'd never argue with someone that Kent is a great golf course. It is what it is- better than crappy and a good value if you're not looking to pay a premium for aesthetic things on a random Sunday morning solo round.

I will be in the Mentor area next Sunday through Tuesday

Would like to get in a round or three in.

I know we've been kicking around the idea of a round next weekend. Why not make it Sunday afternoon and you join us?

I know we've been kicking around the idea of a round next weekend. Why not make it Sunday afternoon and you join us?

Where?

No clue. I say closer to Cleveland but that's just me

Anywhere is good for me. Whatever's easier for CJ I guess.

If he's staying in Mentor anywhere in the Cleveland area will be close to the same drive as anywhere in the Akron area

I might be available ALL day for golf next Saturday (don't ask how)

I might be available ALL day for golf next Saturday (don't ask how)

How's next Sunday look for you? Might work better than Saturday for me

so I know its kinda south, but the guy at Roses Run offered to give us Saturday AM tee times for 18 holes with a cart for only $22 (usually $36 in the spring).

Tough to beat that price on a weekend let alone a morning, any takers? Maybe 36?

so I know its kinda south, but the guy at Roses Run offered to give us Saturday AM tee times for 18 holes with a cart for only $22 (usually $36 in the spring).

Tough to beat that price on a weekend let alone a morning, any takers? Maybe 36?

Might have to make this happen. That's a great price

Might have to make this happen. That's a great price

cool, cant remember last time I played a weekend morning, let alone that cheap

I will not be coming in now until late Sunday night, I would be interested in catching a after work round on Monday??

I may be around that evening

Back