JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These were spotted at the Ping Tour Van at the US Open.

902349344_TBQ5V-L.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone playing these yet on the Tours? they look a little like Mizuno and Callaway blades got fused together?

interesting looking. It reminds me of an older style club. I would imagine these are cast irons?

• Admin
Is anyone playing these yet on the Tours? they look a little like Mizuno and Callaway blades got fused together?

There will be a couple of guys playing them this weekend we believe. We also expect that the Ping Forged irons will be in play this weekend as well.

• Admin
Ping anser forged irons?
Ping-Anser-Forged.jpg

• Admin
Some minor tweaks, but those are the ones.

we should get those for the outing!!!

Why? the MSRP on them is somewhere in the 1300 range.

Testing equipment isn't about price tag. Rapture v2 Graphite's are around 1200. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be hit. When was the last time you hit a Ping forged iron?

Testing equipment isn't about price tag. Rapture v2 Graphite's are around 1200. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be hit. When was the last time you hit a Ping forged iron?

Frankly I dont much care for PING forged anything. They were all "ooh forged is unnecessary, even PGA Players cant feel the difference" and did a study to prove their point. Why would they even create a forged iron?

What does price have to do with a demo day? People want to be able to try out all kinds of irons and compare them. Are you planning on coming to the demo day and for some reason do not want these there?

Frankly I dont much care for PING forged anything. They were all "ooh forged is unnecessary, even PGA Players cant feel the difference" and did a study to prove their point. Why would they even create a forged iron?

Don't know why all of a sudden they have produced one. But I'd like to try it since its their first forged iron. I enjoy ping irons myself.

Because marketing and consumers dictate that they have to.

thanks for the pic JB. good looking iron. i'd demo them in a heartbeat, get me a lefty!!!!!

thanks for the pic JB. good looking iron. i'd demo them in a heartbeat, get me a lefty!!!!!

Might make TC put a hold on those Ci9's or x-24's:act-up:

even more reason to try them. half the fun of demo days is hitting things that you can't afford for free

Exactly. And in my opinion, following what the market demands all of the time, shows a little lack of confidence in the product. It may be good to be versatile and change with market demands, but it is a little ______ (insert word that is on the tip of my tongue here) that they would do such a study and go back on what they proved to the world.

Because marketing and consumers dictate that they have to.

Might make TC put a hold on those Ci9's or x-24's:act-up:

very possible. i'm not brand affiliated at all! i'm honored, it makes me realize that you read my posts, haha!

Exactly. And in my opinion, following what the market demands all of the time, shows a little lack of confidence in the product. It may be good to be versatile and change with market demands, but it is a little ______ (insert word that is on the tip of my tongue here) that they would do such a study and go back on what they proved to the world.

Im not a forged guy, but what is wrong with a company deciding to have gear for everybody? I see nothing wrong with it.

But they proved everyone wrong by sayong "cast" can be for everybody because no one will know the difference anyways
Im not a forged guy, but what is wrong with a company deciding to have gear for everybody? I see nothing wrong with it.

But they proved everyone wrong by sayong "cast" can be for everybody because no one will know the difference anyways

But who cares if marketing trumps science when it comes to having a full line. It makes no difference. If they can add other golfers who believe it, why not add them. They are not doing away with their regular lines. Im still waiting to hear why someone should not want to hit expensive clubs at a demo day.

i'll only hit expensive clubs at demo day! i'm a spoiled brat.

Back