Minneapolis 2015 Outing aka Jucy Lucy & Friends - May 16, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
This outing keeps getting better and better! The numbers/comparisons will be super informative.

Now if only the winds would die down below 60 km/h so I could get onto a golf course!

This outing keeps getting better and better! The numbers/comparisons will be super informative.

Now if only the winds would die down below 60 km/h so I could get onto a golf course!

No kidding. Its either sunny and very windy or cloudy and cold.

How many of you guys are lefties? Wondering if any of the demos will be lefty friendly? :)

How many of you guys are lefties? Wondering if any of the demos will be lefty friendly? :)

I am working on that, but its tough with limited participants. However with the latest announcement, you will be able to hop on FlightScope, regardless.

Put my first round of the year in the books today, and was surprisingly happy about how it well. That can only mean good things for the lead up to this awesome Minneapolis outing!

Sadly I wont be able to get Jucy Lucys afterwards. I already am catching heat from my non-golfing friends that I wont be attending their home beer dabbler. Still though im excited to get out there!

Sadly I wont be able to get Jucy Lucys afterwards. I already am catching heat from my non-golfing friends that I wont be attending their home beer dabbler. Still though im excited to get out there!

No post round Jucy Lucys? That is absolutely asinine. Gotta figure out a way to get you some delicious stuffedburgers

No post round Jucy Lucys? That is absolutely asinine. Gotta figure out a way to get you some delicious stuffedburgers
Oh dont worry I live here so I can get them whenever I want :)

Hope you can make it!

#CanadaInvadesMinnesota

Well its looking like I'll be able to make it. I can give you a definite answer Tuesday, but as of now yes!

Well its looking like I'll be able to make it. I can give you a definite answer Tuesday, but as of now yes!

Very cool.

Was watching Diners Drive Ins & Dives tonight (an old episode) that showed his favorite burgers.

The Nook came in #2, I looked over at the wife and said I might be going there.

"What do you mean? That is in Minnesota."
Ummm yeah, remember that golf thing that I said I was going to.... in Minnesota?

Dinner after the round will be at 8pm at Shamrocks!

995 7th Street West Saint Paul, MN 55102 (651) 228-9925

Thanks to fairband for doing the legwork and getting us set-up with a private room. Here is the burger menu: http://www.crnook.com/sites/default/files/menus/ShamrocksMenu-Burgers.pdf

They have several other options but no need to look any further than the stuffed burgers.

Yes please.
Server - What will you be having
JB - Definitely
Server - Definitely what?
JB - Exactly

Did anyone pick a hotel yet?

They have several other options but no need to look any further than the stuffed burgers.

That and their cheese curds.

Dinner after the round will be at 8pm at Shamrocks!

995 7th Street West Saint Paul, MN 55102 (651) 228-9925

Thanks to fairband for doing the legwork and getting us set-up with a private room. Here is the burger menu: http://www.crnook.com/sites/default/files/menus/ShamrocksMenu-Burgers.pdf

Yep, I'm liking the sound of the Molitor. :drool:

Did anyone pick a hotel yet?

Not, yet, but it's likely Danny and I will stay a little closer to the course - just trying to figure out if it's a one night stay (with a late night drive) or a two night stay (with an early morning drive).

Yep, I'm liking the sound of the Molitor. :drool:

Not, yet, but it's likely Danny and I will stay a little closer to the course - just trying to figure out if it's a one night stay (with a late night drive) or a two night stay (with an early morning drive).
I'm thinking I'm staying the night Sat and driving home sunday morning, don't feel the need to drive through the night by myself!

I was like "Whoa.... we are going to the same place I saw on DDD".....

No we aren't, but sort of! The Guy's Big Bite has always intrigued me!

I was like "Whoa.... we are going to the same place I saw on DDD".....

No we aren't, but sort of! The Guy's Big Bite has always intrigued me!

Same owners and everything. Just a bigger location. The Nook is tiny.

"The Nook and Shamrocks are both owned by two lifelong friends, Ted Capser and Mike Runyon. The two built the Nook in a small hole-in-the-wall on Randolph and then built a bowling alley underneath it. Soon, however, word spread of the “small place with big burgers,” and eventually the pair had to open a second location to accommodate their growing customer base. They called it Shamrocks: The Irish Nook. The great thing about Shamrocks is that it is exactly the same food as the Nook"

Ooo Guys Big Bite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back