Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons - THP Review Thread

glad its possible to avoid that awful radioactive snot yelllow.

The second Masters one is perfect.

I vote for the green and yellow masters

I'm really liking the Open Championship Navy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I did this on my own guys. Thanks for the love.

Thinking green and white will be what I go with.

If all else fails, strip the PVD somehow and just black paintfill. Simple.

Last edited:
Have people done this successfully?
Sandpaper would do the trick. Just tape off the areas you don't want to sand just to be safe. Start with medium, finish with fine and then polish with steel wool

Sandpaper would do the trick. Just tape off the areas you don't want to sand just to be safe. Start with medium, finish with fine and then polish with steel wool

I'd rather just cover the black with my own color. That way if I don't like it I can just remove the color and have it back to the way it was

It makes you wonder, with the amount of $$$ people drop on iron sets, why OEM's don't offer more customization options like the ones above with different colors, stamps, etc.

Random question for those of you who've ordered and/or gamed these beauties

Has anyone ordered theses a degree or two strong? I really love these irons but I don't want to give up a lot of distance - compared to my JPX 800 Pro's, they are about a degree weaker - I haven't hit them side by side so I'm not sure if the DG Pro's will negate the weaker loft - I will be fit for my new irons but just curious if anyone has done anything with lofts?

Thanks,

Guz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having previously used the xhot pro's that were 2* stronger lofts than the VPCs, I am seeing virtually the same distance. The DG pro's are really nice shafts and the forgiveness should be in line with your mizuno's.

Has anyone ordered theses a degree or two strong? I really love these irons but I don't want to give up a lot of distance - compared to my JPX 800 Pro's, they are about a degree weaker - I haven't hit them side by side so I'm not sure if the DG Pro's will negate the weaker loft - I will be fit for my new irons but just curious if anyone has done anything with lofts?

Thanks,

Guz

After lots of birthday love from the family, I finally went and got fit for these babies on Saturday

I love the look, feel, and consistency of these clubs - I hit the JPX 850 Pro's and a few others head to head (Taylormade, Titleist, Callaway) but these were by far the most consistent for me

Love the ball flight on all the irons I hit during fitting, but some of the consistently straightest shots I've ever hit - I was having so much fun I could have hit balls all night long with the Vapor Pro Combo's

The Nike rep delivered them to my guy today but as Mother Nature has it, we got rain today

Forecast looks great for the rest of the week so time to dial in distances - from fitting, I was actually a little longer with these than my 800 Pro's (1-2 yds, so not crazy gains - but I didn't buy these because I wanted a ton of distance; I bought them because of how consistent they performed for me)

I will need to get used to the A wedge - I carried a Cleveland 50* with my old setup, but I think I'll keep the A Wedge that comes with the set, and either use my current 58*, or add a 56* for bunker shots or touchy pitches over bunker or hazard - I play most of my chip/pitch shots with a PW, or 9/8i

Anyway, I'm unbelievably stoked to get some quality time in with these and get them out on the course

Nice! I hope you enjoy them!

The AW is a lot of fun too, it really is.

Thanks,

Guz

Remember that for every degree of loft you add or remove, you'll also be adding or removing bounce by about the same amount. Just something to keep in mind.

Tried these today after protesting because I'm not a Nike guy at all and was really impressed with them. Hard ponder mode now. Great ball flight and they were long for me.

Tried these today after protesting because I'm not a Nike guy at all and was really impressed with them. Hard ponder mode now. Great ball flight and they were long for me.
They're good. Probably one of the best offerings they've released.

Put my first full 18 in today and these are just so much fun

I love love love how the Ball flight I'm seeing with these DG Pro Blacks

My group today kept going on about the higher ball I had with my longer irons - and I hit some killer shots today with the PW and AW

I know it may be the honeymoon phase, but I am happy with these and can't wait to see how my game evolves and how much more fun I can have with these irons

Just got my first 9 holes in with at league last night. Very impressed with both the feel off the clubs and the trajectory the DG pro shafts provided. I believe I'm longer than my old ap1s so I need to put in some range time to dial in distances. Glad I got them.

Just got my first 9 holes in with at league last night. Very impressed with both the feel off the clubs and the trajectory the DG pro shafts provided. I believe I'm longer than my old ap1s so I need to put in some range time to dial in distances. Glad I got them.

You'll enjoy them Jeremy, very solid clubs. I'm loving the 8-pw. Great scoring irons for sure. Having come from xhot pros, these vpc's are about 1/2 club shorter. Hit them well, buddy!

You'll enjoy them Jeremy, very solid clubs. I'm loving the 8-pw. Great scoring irons for sure. Having come from xhot pros, these vpc's are about 1/2 club shorter. Hit them well, buddy!

I've had these about a week and a half and played a few rounds with them and i'm happy i purchased. I definitely can tell when i hit it solid (and when not so much) and that is what i was looking for in a club. Ball flight is great off these clubs

I missed these.

I have been pondering these now for a little bit of time. I currently am playing the TM 2011 MBs. I still love these irons and they have a lot of wear left, but wanted to see anyone's opinion who have tested these out coming from a blade. Any input is great!!!!

Got fit into these a few weeks ago. After doing a few other fittings, I decided on these babies. Just the most consistent, best looking, and highest flying I tried. Upgrading, I was just hoping for consistency, the other two are bonuses. I think the higher flying will really help me as I'm a very low spin player despite what my cap may imply (on the flightscope during the fitting, I averaged just under 4000 backspin with 7i but almost zero sidespin). And somehow convinced my wife to let me get them! Fit into stock DG Pro s300 shafts, -1/2 inch, 2 degrees upright. Getting the 7-AW. Really hoping the distances are similar so I don't have to get them bent after ordering. 7 irons seemed similar on the flightscope, but using range balls hard to trust. Now to impatiently wait for them to come in! Ordered through my home course as they have a policy to beat GolfTown prices, but I have no idea how long they'll take ��

Back