Equipment Companies - One Word 2015 Edition

May not be the exact place for it, but I wonder if this speaks more to the current state of the economy or the current state of golf?

Probably for another thread, you're right..

But how many companies did this impact.... and how much of it was TaylorMade fans hanging onto their old gear waiting for something better?

Dude, there was still a good bit of Callaway angst at that point, this regime was just taking hold with the company. It was there.

It is the voice of THP though, all of this came from THP. I'm not arguing to argue, you know that, I'm just trying to understand. Thats what this place is about, convo. Love me some convo.

I'm with James on this. It's not 100% the voice of THP, but it is what THPers put down as their opinion. No company is going to purposely throw themselves under the bus, though. It's like when my wife travels and calls home to ask me how our 6 y/o daughter is, and I tend to only bring up the good things because it's not worth sweating the fact that she may have shanked another kid on the play ground. Well....not really....but no company's marketing is ever 100% accurate.

If you go to Callaway's site you'll see all of these amazing tweets about how much people love their product. Same thing with Taylormade. But, if you actually saw what people were tweeting to Callaway or TMaG, I'd bet that there'd be a % that would be negative. I'm sure every company that was listed here could post on their own twitter feed, "Look what THP is saying about us" and only use the good stuff. I see it every day at my company. Sure, most people love Sharpies, but only the good stuff gets left up and used in promos.

Probably for another thread, you're right..
But how many companies did this impact.... and how much of it was TaylorMade fans hanging onto their old gear waiting for something better?

Those people didn't have to wait long..... Sorry....it was too easy. I know all companies release a lot of gear now, and I'm perfectly cool with it. But when someone lobs a beach ball in the air, I must swing. :alien:

Ouch!!!!Everyone is in a fist fight for a piece of the now smaller pie.
May not be the exact place for it, but I wonder if this speaks more to the current state of the economy or the current state of golf?

In the end, one has to admit it's cool as hell to see that companies DO read and watch. Those are all words from thpers put out for the world to see from a legendary golf manufacturer, how effin cool is that?

In the end, one has to admit it's cool as hell to see that companies DO read and watch. Those are all words from thpers put out for the world to see from a legendary golf manufacturer, how effin cool is that?

What do you mean, you don't have 26k followers on the Twitter?! I was giddy when I got my 6th follower :). All kidding aside, this was my first thought. That our words were being shared with that many people is WICKED COOL.

Agree - I even saw my "word" up on the list!
It makes me happy to know that the OEM's do pay attention to their consumers, and that my little voice is heard and appreciated!

I love that wilson staff did this. To me it tells me they are paying attention and listening to what the consumers perception is. A lot of folks have worked long and hard to revitalize the brand and they should be proud as hell that opinions are changing.

I think it's really cool that my "Superunderrated" is all over it. :D

Agree - I even saw my "word" up on the list!
It makes me happy to know that the OEM's do pay attention to their consumers, and that my little voice is heard and appreciated!

I love that wilson staff did this. To me it tells me they are paying attention and listening to what the consumers perception is. A lot of folks have worked long and hard to revitalize the brand and they should be proud as hell that opinions are changing.
Definitely agree. Also really cool that my word is one of the ginormous ones :D

Definitely agree. Also really cool that my word is one of the ginormous ones :D

I had to go back and double check my word and gave the old "hell yeah" it's nice and big. hahaha. Love Wilson Staff.

TaylorMade: changing
Titleist: logo
Bridgestone: growing
Callaway: leader
Nike: VOLT
Adams: neutered
Wilson Staff: reviving
Ping: consistent
Yonex: boutique
Cleveland: wedges
Srixon: impressive
Cobra: uncertain
Mizuno: Japanese
Tour Edge: sleeper

TaylorMade - Lost
Titleist - Consistent
Bridgestone - Trying
Callaway - Everywhere
Nike - Rory
Adams - Hybrids
Wilson Staff - Alive?
Ping - Predictable
Yonex - Irrelevant
Cleveland - Wedges
Srixon - Growing
Cobra - Meh
Mizuno - Obnoxious
Tour Edge - Who?

TaylorMade- bad
Titleist- balls
Bridgestone-LEFTY (exciting)!!!!
Callaway- distance
Nike - turnaround
Adams - ok
Wilson Staff - okay
Ping - backburner
Yonex - who?
Cleveland - hanging
Srixon - balls
Cobra - interesting
Mizuno - behind
Tour Edge - eh

I could go into details(and I wish I could) but I always love this game

TaylorMade - Lost
Titleist - Consistent
Bridgestone - Trying
Callaway - Everywhere
Nike - Rory
Adams - Hybrids
Wilson Staff - Alive?
Ping - Predictable
Yonex - Irrelevant
Cleveland - Wedges
Srixon - Growing
Cobra - Meh
Mizuno - Obnoxious
Tour Edge - Who?

That is perfect for Mizuno and we both play their wedges lol

TaylorMade - Distance
Titleist - Premium
Bridgestone - Balls
Callaway - Innovative
Nike - Underrated
Adams - Hybrids
Wilson Staff - Unknown
Ping - Timeless
Yonex - Unknown
Cleveland - Wedges
Srixon - Balls
Cobra - Flashy
Mizuno - Premium
Tour Edge - Expensive

TaylorMade - Desperate
Titleist - Conservative
Bridgestone - Secret
Callaway - Booming
Nike - Upcoming
Adams - Disappearing
Wilson Staff - Who?
Ping - Solid
Yonex - Who?
Cleveland - Wedges
Srixon - Interesting
Cobra - Fun
Mizuno - Dull
Tour Edge - Who?

TaylorMade - lost
Titleist - stuffy
Bridgestone - classic
Callaway - Boss
Nike - apparel
Adams - hybrids
Wilson Staff - underrated
Ping - solid
Yonex - tennis?
Cleveland - overlooked
Srixon - ascending
Cobra - colorful
Mizuno - overrated
Tour Edge - Fairways

TaylorMade - tiresome
Titleist - reliable
Bridgestone - underdog
Callaway - comeback
Nike - pushing
Adams - hybrids
Wilson Staff - cheap
Ping - boring
Yonex - pricey
Cleveland - understated
Srixon - balls
Cobra - orange
Mizuno - safe
Tour Edge - unknown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TaylorMade - Scuffling
Titleist - Predictable
Bridgestone - Excelling
Callaway - Dominating
Nike - Hilighter
Adams - Hybrids
Wilson Staff - Surprising
Ping - Techno
Yonex - Japan
Cleveland - Confused
Srixon - Underrated
Cobra - Rickie
Mizuno - Forged
Tour Edge - Unfamiliar

TaylorMade- Gimmicks
Titleist- Traditional
Bridgestone- balls
Callaway- Marketing
Nike- Volt
Adams- Hybrids
Wilson Staff- Lightweight
Ping- Turbulators
Yonex- Japan
Cleveland- Wedges
Srixon- Clean
Cobra- Performance
Mizuno- Buttery
Tour Edge- Undercover

TaylorMade - Bully

Titleist - expensive

Bridgestone - Climbing

Callaway - Steady

Nike - Rich

Adams - Solid

Wilson Staff - Underrated

Ping - Boring

Yonex - Who?

Cleveland - Wedges

Srixon - Small

Cobra - Trendy

Mizuno - reliable

Tour Edge - quiet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I'm a day behind. But I love what W/S did taking the words from this thread and throwing them out on Twitter/Instagram.

TaylorMade - Sweetspot?
Titleist - Spieth
Bridgestone - U.S.A
Callaway - Everywhere
Nike - Youth
Adams - Sinking
Wilson Staff - Classic
Ping - Bumps
Yonex - gurafaito
Cleveland - Wedges
Srixon - Skin
Cobra - kaleidoscopic