Sleeper Wedge purchase. Tour Edge Bazooka 1 out 58 degree wedge Review

Any update on this wedge ... you still loving it? I'm looking for a 58 and sorely tempted to pull the trigger on this one.
I still love it and just put a DG Spinner shaft in it to help with spin. JBs weight argument may be right its heavy for sure but it really does help me not bail out of chips. This thing is cash out of the sand. I really do love it. I cant recommend it enough especially at the price point in which it is offered. Other than my Ping G25 Driver it is the longest tenured club in my bag.

I picked up the 1 Out. As JB mentioned, it reminds me a lot of a cross between a first gen Niblick and a Smart Sole S (of which I have/had owned both). His comments about the "inspired" are spot on.

I'm not sure that I agree about the weight. I actually like my wedges a bit heavier. That's part of what I like about the Niblick. I guess the 1 Out could be a bit more head heavy, but I personally like the weight a lot better than the Smart Sole S.

It was about 40 today and sunny, and I had a 30 minute break in the schedule, so I took the 1 Out and hit some balls in the yard and from the mat. Chips were about what I would expect from the weird lies that are my front yard (sloped with half the grass dormant and the other half in tufts). They weren't great, but not awful either.

I got the mat out and hit some balls into my net. This is where I came away impressed. Full swings? Piece of cake, even on ones where I was fat. Pitches -- just fine. Heck, I could even open the face up and pop a few pitches up and straight. That's not a shot that I could ever do with the Smart Sole S or the Niblick 56.

I think it has some decently sharp grooves. I ate up some balls hitting into the net. That's nice to see.

I actually kind of like the looks. The milling on the back of the blade is really attractive.

Really, the only knocks I have are feel on thin shots and the stepped sole. I think the cavity would be better with a TPU insert to tone down a mishit some. Of course, you do get great feedback. The sole would have been better I think with more "stepping" (like a first gen Niblick). I'm not looking for the huge "flange" out the back like the first gen Niblick (particularly given the sand usage), but I do like that stepping at least visually.

It's going to be interesting to see how it plays on the course. I'm thinking of just doing a 1:1 replacement with my 56 degree SW and see how it goes. If anything I might actually use the 1Out more than I use the SW for "other" shots outside the sand. Right now my SW is a stroke eater for anything other than sand recovery.

I picked up the 1 Out. As JB mentioned, it reminds me a lot of a cross between a first gen Niblick and a Smart Sole S (of which I have/had owned both). His comments about the "inspired" are spot on.

I'm not sure that I agree about the weight. I actually like my wedges a bit heavier. That's part of what I like about the Niblick. I guess the 1 Out could be a bit more head heavy, but I personally like the weight a lot better than the Smart Sole S.

It was about 40 today and sunny, and I had a 30 minute break in the schedule, so I took the 1 Out and hit some balls in the yard and from the mat. Chips were about what I would expect from the weird lies that are my front yard (sloped with half the grass dormant and the other half in tufts). They weren't great, but not awful either.

I got the mat out and hit some balls into my net. This is where I came away impressed. Full swings? Piece of cake, even on ones where I was fat. Pitches -- just fine. Heck, I could even open the face up and pop a few pitches up and straight. That's not a shot that I could ever do with the Smart Sole S or the Niblick 56.

I think it has some decently sharp grooves. I ate up some balls hitting into the net. That's nice to see.

I actually kind of like the looks. The milling on the back of the blade is really attractive.

Really, the only knocks I have are feel on thin shots and the stepped sole. I think the cavity would be better with a TPU insert to tone down a mishit some. Of course, you do get great feedback. The sole would have been better I think with more "stepping" (like a first gen Niblick). I'm not looking for the huge "flange" out the back like the first gen Niblick (particularly given the sand usage), but I do like that stepping at least visually.

It's going to be interesting to see how it plays on the course. I'm thinking of just doing a 1:1 replacement with my 56 degree SW and see how it goes. If anything I might actually use the 1Out more than I use the SW for "other" shots outside the sand. Right now my SW is a stroke eater for anything other than sand recovery.
Howd u end up liking it? I still love mine. The spinner shaft I put in it is great

Howd u end up liking it? I still love mine. The spinner shaft I put in it is great

I've only played once this season and that was in a mud pit. I hit some good ones and hit some bad ones, but it wasn't just that club that day. Ball first contact was an absolute requirement, which isn't where my swing is right now after several months of not playing.

I hopefully will get to play more regularly starting Sunday. I'll update more as the season progresses.

The only real issue that I see is that I have a gap between my 1Out (58 degrees) and my gap and pitching wedge (49). It sort of forces the need for a 54.

I'm not a big hitter, so the gap issue isn't so huge. It's more that the 1Out is pretty easy on full swings, it'd be nice to full swing it on a similarly easy 54.

I also think it'd be better for pitching. Right now, a pitch with the 49 produces run out, and a pitch with the 58 kind of stops up short. There's a middle ground there.

I wish they made a 1Out in a 54. I'd be all over that.

I wanted to follow up on this thread as I've played with the 1 Out a few times and have practiced with it a bit out of a variety of lies.

- Full shots: Probably easier than anything I've ever used with 58+ degrees of loft.

- Spin: What I have noticed though is that it seems to spin less than I would have expected. Last night at the range, I was hitting 3/4 shots with this a pretty steady 75-85 yards. I was expecting more like 55-65 given the specs (I'm a slow swing speed hack). I was hitting a CG14 54 along side it and that one was going maybe 5 yards further. The ball gets up incredibly quickly off the 1 Out, so it's seemingly not the loft. The CG14 launched lower, but then kind of spun up and fell out of the sky. I had a friend there who noticed the same thing while watching the balls. We figure it has to just be lower spin. That's odd given the loft and hard launch, but nothing that cannot be planned around.

- Sand: I've had a good stretch of golf and only been in the sand a couple of times. I popped right out though.

- Chipping: Surprisingly easy, even off of a thin lie.

- I like the longer grip with the markings to choke up. It's worth whatever weight it adds.

- The milling on the back is beautiful.

- The only real down side is that it is chrome. That much loft + chrome has caused glare issues a couple of times. I really wish this were black pearl or satin.

I think it is a great compliment to my Niblicks. Really, its everything that I wanted out of a Niblick 56, but that it just never quite delivered.

It gaps evenly with my Niblick 42 and 49 setup. That will let me slide a high bounce 60 degree wedge below it. I can use that one for max spin/height shots, super deep bunkers, or little short sided chips that just have to stop.

I think it's a keeper. For any high to medium capper looking for an easy high loft wedge, this one is worth taking a random flier on.

I wanted to follow up on this thread as I've played with the 1 Out a few times and have practiced with it a bit out of a variety of lies.

- Full shots: Probably easier than anything I've ever used with 58+ degrees of loft.

- Spin: What I have noticed though is that it seems to spin less than I would have expected. Last night at the range, I was hitting 3/4 shots with this a pretty steady 75-85 yards. I was expecting more like 55-65 given the specs (I'm a slow swing speed hack). I was hitting a CG14 54 along side it and that one was going maybe 5 yards further. The ball gets up incredibly quickly off the 1 Out, so it's seemingly not the loft. The CG14 launched lower, but then kind of spun up and fell out of the sky. I had a friend there who noticed the same thing while watching the balls. We figure it has to just be lower spin. That's odd given the loft and hard launch, but nothing that cannot be planned around.

- Sand: I've had a good stretch of golf and only been in the sand a couple of times. I popped right out though.

- I like the longer grip with the markings to choke up. It's worth whatever weight it adds.

- The only real down side is that it is chrome. That much loft + chrome has caused glare issues a couple of times. I really wish this were black pearl or satin.

I think it is a great compliment to my Niblicks. Really, its everything that I wanted out of a Niblick 56, but that it just never quite delivered.

It gaps evenly with my Niblick 42 and 49 setup. That will let me slide a high bounce 60 degree wedge below it. I can use that one for max spin/height shots, super deep bunkers, or little short sided chips that just have to stop.

I think it's a keeper. For any high to medium capper looking for an easy high loft wedge, this one is worth taking a random flier on.

Can I buy it back ?? Lol

Great run threw of it! I still love it too. Spin is deff not great. I put the DG Spinner in it to help and it has for sure. Chrome is my biggest gripe for sure

Great run threw of it! I still love it too. Spin is deff not great. I put the DG Spinner in it to help and it has for sure. Chrome is my biggest gripe for sure
Just gotta work on holding that angle on your chips. You tend to get a little flippy! Once you're able to consistently hold that angle and hit down on the ball you'll see that spin around the greens!

Just gotta work on holding that angle on your chips. You tend to get a little flippy! Once you're able to consistently hold that angle and hit down on the ball you'll see that spin around the greens!
Whooooaa y did u wait to tell me that now?! I flubbed like 5 chips in.front pf u on the back 9!

Haha sorry dude. Here ya go

https://youtu.be/vtxWtCUs-rs

Thanks for the link. I've been using the "locked wrists" approach and have seen exactly the issues Phil mentions. He makes it seem so obvious. I've been compensating by using a club with less exposed leading edge and loft, but it is seemingly just fool's gold.

Now I just need to go practice that approach. I'm not sure I'm ready to just pull it out on the course.

Thanks for the link. I've been using the "locked wrists" approach and have seen exactly the issues Phil mentions. He makes it seem so obvious. I've been compensating by using a club with less exposed leading edge and loft, but it is seemingly just fool's gold.

Now I just need to go practice that approach. I'm not sure I'm ready to just pull it out on the course.
I just practiced it for 30 mins with various clubs in the backyard. Clubs I have with sharp leading edges really stuck and I struggled with this method. No B.S. Tho this method and the Bazooka Wedge was money. Felt great, easy to keep distances the same. Im ecstatic! Maybe this will help us with our spin?

Thats great! Idk if ur trying to help me or get me to tinker be4 the tournament! Jk, if u know where his putting instruction is id love to watch that too!

Two cheap books that will help big time

Dave Stockton's Unconscious Putting
and
Dave Stockton's Unconscious Scoring

Two cheap books that will help big time

Dave Stockton's Unconscious Putting
and
Dave Stockton's Unconscious Scoring
I havent done well with books. Videos traditionally help me more. I will however look into them

I havent done well with books. Videos traditionally help me more. I will however look into them

These are very different than typical instruction books. Not overly mechanical/technical and more on a simplified approach to both putting and chipping/pitching. Stockton is Phil's short game coach.

These are very different than typical instruction books. Not overly mechanical/technical and more on a simplified approach to both putting and chipping/pitching. Stockton is Phil's short game coach.
Gotcha thanks! Ill tell ya what today was my best chipping day maybe ever after only 30mins of backyard practice be4 my round! Driver was still all over the place! Does Phil have an easy vid for that!?

Bro I notcied using this technique with the bazooka there is more spin on the ball for sure. Idk how much the spinner shaft is helping it but it's spinning more for sure

I practiced the hinge and hold last night for about 30 minutes at the range and it was just brutal. I swear I chipped 1/2 of them over the green. Sure the ball got up in the air fast, but it was way too long. I'm giving it too much wrist hinge.

I switched back to the wrists locked technique and chipped the first one right in. Hmmm.....

I practiced the hinge and hold last night for about 30 minutes at the range and it was just brutal. I swear I chipped 1/2 of them over the green. Sure the ball got up in the air fast, but it was way too long. I'm giving it too much wrist hinge.

I switched back to the wrists locked technique and chipped the first one right in. Hmmm.....
I was having the same issue until I got my distances some what dialed in. Keep at it

I've played a couple of more rounds with the 1Out and it's an impressive club. I don't think I've ever been more confident on 3/4 wedge shots for anything with this much loft. The 75 yard shot has gone from one I avoided to one that I'm trying to set up.

I need to work on chipping and shorter pitches with it. I think it can be the "only" wedge below my Niblick 49. If so, I'd get back to a 3 wedge setup, which is what I prefer from a course management perspective (fewer choices is better).

rye, are you pretty steep with wedges?

I've played a couple of more rounds with the 1Out and it's an impressive club. I don't think I've ever been more confident on 3/4 wedge shots for anything with this much loft. The 75 yard shot has gone from one I avoided to one that I'm trying to set up.

I need to work on chipping and shorter pitches with it. I think it can be the "only" wedge below my Niblick 49. If so, I'd get back to a 3 wedge setup, which is what I prefer from a course management perspective (fewer choices is better).
Agreed bro. This wedge Is freaking money

For you guys playing this wedge, did you go steel or graphite shaft and why? Based on this thread, the price, a need in my bag for a 58, and my love of Tour Edge already, I am in heavy ponder mode.

Back