Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

Helluva great time playing with SkiBum this morning! Can't wait until next time!

There are two kinds of rounds; those played with THPers and those played without.

Helluva great time playing with SkiBum this morning! Can't wait until next time!

There are two kinds of rounds; those played with THPers and those played without.

As usual, I had a blast brother! Admittedly, it helps to be playing on a resort quality course (for a bargain price), but we could be playing in a mudpit and I'd still have a blast.

I had another great day at River Islands with Rancey (sparksjr) today . He brought a family member and didn't tell me he was a "A" player, Matt can flat out play some golf and he is a great guy. Hope he gets to join in again very soon.Good golfers must run in the family .

Get to tee it up tomorrow for the 1st time in a while. Playing with 2 THPers and pretty excited to do so. Might even bring the FlightScope out to the range in the morning to work on the driver.

Counting down the days to a local gathering that includes a cool THP'er from the northeast(oitw). Will get to meet a few THPers for the first time and some i have played with before. Always exciting and fun to play with THPers and will hopefully hold me over until the end of month when I get to a cool THP event

Counting down the days to a local gathering that includes a cool THP'er from the northeast(oitw). Will get to meet a few THPers for the first time and some i have played with before. Always exciting and fun to play with THPers and will hopefully hold me over until the end of month when I get to a cool THP event

Counting right along with you Eric.

Definitely been missing this! Need to play some golf with THPer's!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely been missing this! Need to play some golf with THPer's!!!

I'm around on some weekday mornings if you ever want to get out

Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

So I'm at a conference this week and had two thoughts/experiences relevant to this thread even though no golf was played.

First, I got to reconnect with my friend Golf4Life yesterday unexpectedly which was a pleasant surprise.

Second, in more of a thought, one of the presenters was talking about how even in this digital age we live in, it is through the face to face, personal meetings that we make the deeper connections that allow us to really understand each other's perspectives. A simple point really, but it made me think about THP events and how my life, involvement, and connection to the other members changed as THP held and I went to the first few events, and how that bond to the community and to the individuals I have met multiple times and consider friends grows stronger with every event I attend. The great thing is that I know I am not alone in this, and have seen the story repeat in others many times. These events, and the planned or unplanned encounters in this thread are the core of what make the relationships that in turn make this site and community the home that many or most of us find it to be.

Tanker337 met up with me and my family at Topgolf yesterday. Was great to meet him. He's very excited about attending his first THP event, LIITA in a few weeks. Paul has a nice swing too! I'm teeing it up with Spivey this morning for real golf. Nice to meet THPers on the other side of the country.

Nullnomad met me at my hotel this morning. We had a blast. I played very poorly but the adage a day on the course with other THPers is great no matter what is certainly true. I may give my ping G2's to my nephew since after today I really don't want to see them again, shanksville. So thanks for a great time Jim, maybe we can tee up again before I return to the North. I'll say one thing, the ball certainly runs out in Texas.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Nullnomad met me at my hotel this morning. We had a blast. I played very poorly but the adage a day on the course with other THPers is great no matter what is certainly true. I may give my ping G2's to my nephew since after today I really don't want to see them again, shanksville. So thanks for a great time Jim, maybe we can tee up again before I return to the North. I'll say one thing, the ball certainly runs out in Texas.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

My pleasure Jack! Thanks for taking time out of your trip to play and be my guest at my home course. One way or another I know this will not be the only time we tee it up. :act-up:

Tanker337 met up with me and my family at Topgolf yesterday. Was great to meet him. He's very excited about attending his first THP event, LIITA in a few weeks. Paul has a nice swing too! I'm teeing it up with Spivey this morning for real golf. Nice to meet THPers on the other side of the country.
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family!

Played 9 with co worker . Almost had him convinced to join here and just have some fun chats. Some reason the whole online forum stuff spooked him out. Hoping he changes his mind, as I really enjoy just reading some of this stuff. Really makes me chuckle at times and than relate to common golf issues

Played with two THPers today and as always had a blast.

Had a great time with cpljohnst (Barry) today in AZ -
Although neither of us had our A games, it was a terrific day!!

Played 9 with co worker . Almost had him convinced to join here and just have some fun chats. Some reason the whole online forum stuff spooked him out. Hoping he changes his mind, as I really enjoy just reading some of this stuff. Really makes me chuckle at times and than relate to common golf issues

I met a guy at work I hadn't really known before. We've talked golf off and on the past month.

I told him we had a group of 10 guys playing this weekend and it all started because one of the guys was coming from MA.

He asked, "so did you guys all go to college together or something?"

Then began the always fun bit somewhat awkward explanation ha.

I talked up the forum to him and he said he might check it out.

Although he kind of took a sudden turn down a hallway when he saw me

Any time you put a peg in the ground with Barry , It's a great day .

It was great to meet and play with you Dave! Was a beauty of a course. We had fun out there. Looking forward to seeing you again in Savannah in August for the THP Invitational there!

And THIS is good cart golf, courtesy of Barry and yours truly!
11th fairway.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431053393.255879.jpg

Had a great time at Peoria Ridge with Daddio & posey. Dan & Shane are just good people.

We all had a few moments of glory & a few swings we rather forget, but it was well worth the 2 hour drive.

Had a great time at Peoria Ridge with Daddio & posey. Dan & Shane are just good people.

We all had a few moments of glory & a few swings we rather forget, but it was well worth the 2 hour drive.

How much Fireball? :act-up:

JM

Played 36 with 23 THPers today. Absolutely fantastic day. So much fun and actually had spurts of pretty good golf

I played 36 with Hickerad yesterday and had a great time! He's a very good golfer and a better person. Can't wait to tee it up with you again, Andrew! Hopefully my game will be in better shape next time

Back