Branson June 26th through 28th unofficial THP gathering

Great host that Shane is, he will be treating all of you making the long drive in Friday to this "wide open" cupcake of atee shot on his home course

The shot is actually tighter than this looks as I climbed down the side of the tee marker to be able to see more of the hole in the photo. There is a lake just left of that path that caught the first three balls I ever hit in the presence of a fellow THPer. I was consistent tho right Shane? Each subsequent ball splashed down in the ripple rings of the one before it.

Just what I need with a tight back after a 7 hour car ride...oh wait I could be working, never mind on that first part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to start hole be hole on the courses, let's here thoughts on how you will play each hole.
Buffalo Ridge course.
Hole 1 is a 547 downhill par 5.

Driver down the middle
Duffed 3W
4 letter word
Better 3W
Chunked wedge
Overly aggressive chutt
'Slide' a 12 footer 2 feet past
Miss comebacker
Cry a little

f9252bc2c75f0e21e0e98fb2d7bfea04.jpg

327c4934a116b5b5dc2c9307f6eee314.jpg

Hole number 2. 460 yard par 4. Tough hole. You want to go down the right side off the tee. If you go left your angle to the green is tough. on your approach you can't miss left or right. Lateral on the left and dead if you are right.

460 yard par 4.
Damn, Shane. 460 is potential Par 5 land where I come from. This hole looks like driver, layup, wedge on, no more than 2 putts and walk away with bogey.

Damn, Shane. 460 is potential Par 5 land where I come from. This hole looks like driver, layup, wedge on, no more than 2 putts and walk away with bogey.
I will take bogey on this any day. Frank if you keep your drive right, you can hit a long iron or hybrid and run it up onto the green.

460 yard par 4's???? pffft......that's it, I'm playing the senior tees!

Driver, hybrid, pitch on, 1 putt par from 12 feet.

I'm not reaching 460 in two either but that also means I can't reach that ravine on the left trying to overcook my 2nd. These hole previews are helpful for sure. I'm playing for a safe bogey and hoping to get lucky on the pitch or the putt.

Last edited:
Some good looking golf holes you're posting up Shane. I'm excited to get up there and play them. I do believe this 460yd hole will be 3w, 6i, wedge it up the rest of the way, and then 2 putt. I'll take my bogey with a smile.

There's a 220yd par 3 coming up on the front and 450 and 435yd par 4s on the back. I'll wave to you from the next tee box forward. :wavey::golf2:

Hole 2 is usually down wind :D

There's a 220yd par 3 coming up on the front and 450 and 435yd par 4s on the back. I'll wave to you from the next tee box forward. :wavey::golf2:
Me too. I can live with (A) 220 par 3 but 400+ par 4s are out of my league

Ya, that really helps.
And it means the uphill into the wind 480 yard par 4 ?? hole (the inevitable one that plays the opposite direction) will take like four shots just to get on the green :)

And it means the uphill into the wind 480 yard par 4 ?? hole (the inevitable one that plays the opposite direction) will take like four shots just to get on the green :)
So you have played golf with Shane before. I think he is just trying to soften us up.

Hey guys, is this still open for people to come?

Honestly this course does not play as long as the score card shows, there are many elevated tee's :)
I usually play the Gold (which is 6628) and I am a short hitter and do not have a problem with the length of the course :)

Honestly this course does not play as long as the score card shows, there are many elevated tee's :)
I usually play the Gold (which is 6628) and I am a short hitter and do not have a problem with the length of the course :)
You may be short, but you are not a short hitter!

Don't forget there is also a sweet THP event in Ohio the same weekend as this (sucks that they are the same weekend, I tried to avoid a schedule conflict but sometimes that happens) if you cant get in this, I know you would have a blast in ohio.

Hey guys, is this still open for people to come?

Don't forget there is also a sweet THP event in Ohio the same weekend as this (sucks that they are the same weekend, I tried to avoid a schedule conflict but sometimes that happens) if you cant get in this, I know you would have a blast in ohio.

Do you have a link to that event forum? I'd be glad to check it out. Branson is drivable from North Mississippi, but Ohio might be doable too.

Back