Waterproofing golf shoes: How and what to use?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I just bought three new pairs of FootJoys and want to make sure they are waterproof without finding out the hard way that they aren't. I don't think they are.

What do people use to waterproof their shoes? I've been told Mink Oil by a couple of people, and a spray with silicone in it by some others. Just curious because I don't want to eff them up by using the wrong thing or by not doing anything.

I don't play in wet conditions very often, but I am about to tonight for league, so I am wearing my old pair tonight.

I guess I am confused. Most shoes are either done in a waterproof way or not. The after market water resistent chemicals you can add to shoes might work in a pinch, but I do not believe they will hold up to wet grass and time on the course.

I have no idea. Maybe I should just leave well enough alone? I wasn't sure what to do with them, if anything.

I just bought three new pairs of FootJoys and want to make sure they are waterproof without finding out the hard way that they aren't. I don't think they are.

What do people use to waterproof their shoes? I've been told Mink Oil by a couple of people, and a spray with silicone in it by some others. Just curious because I don't want to eff them up by using the wrong thing or by not doing anything.

I don't play in wet conditions very often, but I am about to tonight for league, so I am wearing my old pair tonight.

what style of fj shoes are they?

I've never put anything on my golf shoes and have played with some wicked wet and rainy conditions / swampy spring conditions in NY and they are all fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it

Waterproofing golf shoes: How and what to use?

You could probably use mink oil or something less natural to make them water "resistant" but "waterproof" probably needs to be built in. I've had good luck making shoes water resistant, for light morning dew.

I guess I am confused. Most shoes are either done in a waterproof way or not. The after market water resistent chemicals you can add to shoes might work in a pinch, but I do not believe they will hold up to wet grass and time on the course.

I agree. Most shoes today are waterproof off the rack. I haven't had wet feet in years.

Back