pro launch axis silver?

hifly

Hi flying Slice king
Reaction score
Handicap
I just purchased a used set of mizuno jpx ez irons. I have not picked them up yet and was pretty excited about them until I noticed the shaft type. I'm not that familuar with golf equipment but the research I had done made me think that the mizuno jpx ez would be a good club for me and I wanted a regular flex shaft. (I actually swing fast but I am trying to slow down till I get my nasty slice under control)

Now that I have looked on line more closely most of the jpx ez clubs have a fujikura shaft. Mine have pro launch axis silver shafts. When I got curious and tried researching them I can only find info on the pro launch axis platinum.

so are the pro launch axis silvers low quality or undesirable cheaper shaft? Is it something I should return before I pick them up and wait to find some with fujikura shafts or are the ones on my set up to par

There is no such thing as a cheap shaft. PRO launch shafts were the it shaft for a while and are still very good. They are only guilty of being an older model shaft but will still perform.

Technology has advanced so much over the years and yes there are some crazy good shafts on the market. But I would hesitate to say there are bad options. Maybe bad options for certain golfers but those might be great for others. You'll be fine,.enjoy the clubs

There is no such thing as a cheap shaft. PRO launch shafts were the it shaft for a while and are still very good. They are only guilty of being an older model shaft but will still perform.

Technology has advanced so much over the years and yes there are some crazy good shafts on the market. But I would hesitate to say there are bad options. Maybe bad options for certain golfers but those might be great for others. You'll be fine,.enjoy the clubs

You say they are an older model shaft. That would mean my clubs are older? do you have an idea of when they were using the pro launch axis silver shafts on mizuno jpx clubs?

The EZ irons are not really older. Announced somewhere in the last two years. The stock graphite shaft offering in them was the Fujikura I believe. Assuming you purchased these irons pre-owned, the previous owner did a shaft change.

The EZ irons are not really older. Announced somewhere in the last two years. The stock graphite shaft offering in them was the Fujikura I believe. Assuming you purchased these irons pre-owned, the previous owner did a shaft change.

really. that was unexpected. yes they are pre owned and all the ones I saw on line had fujikura shafts.
I payed $350 for 4-5-6 hybrid and 7- gw. It was actually the best price I had seen on line or in store so I started to worry after the fact that there was some un known negative involved. so the pro launch axis may even be considered an upgrade. that puts my mind at ease.

thanks

really. that was unexpected. yes they are pre owned and all the ones I saw on line had fujikura shafts.
I payed $350 for 4-5-6 hybrid and 7- gw. It was actually the best price I had seen on line or in store so I started to worry after the fact that there was some un known negative involved. so the pro launch axis may even be considered an upgrade. that puts my mind at ease.

thanks

Im not sure I would say upgrade, just different. The ease of mind is if you like them and hit them well, that is all that matters.

You say Tomat-oh, I say Tomaht-oh, I say Platinum, Mizuno says Silver.

This is just a case of miscommunication for a marketing standpoint between us and Mizuno. They shafts they are using are ProLaunch Platinum, they were a stock/stock custom option at Mizuno for a couple years, and we still make them for them today. There is a 99.9999999999999999% chance these were built by Mizuno. They are not a low end cheap shaft by any means. They are a descending weight shaft, upper 60 grams at full length, mid launch.

I hope that helps ease your mind and I hope you enjoy them.

DB

As always, Don comes through with the best information.

You say Tomat-oh, I say Tomaht-oh, I say Platinum, Mizuno says Silver.

This is just a case of miscommunication for a marketing standpoint between us and Mizuno. They shafts they are using are ProLaunch Platinum, they were a stock/stock custom option at Mizuno for a couple years, and we still make them for them today. There is a 99.9999999999999999% chance these were built by Mizuno. They are not a low end cheap shaft by any means. They are a descending weight shaft, upper 60 grams at full length, mid launch.

I hope that helps ease your mind and I hope you enjoy them.

DB
great. I do have another question now. I believe I was told they were pro launch axis silver. Is there a silver or did the guy just get confused ? Just want to know what they are actually called

We have never sold a shaft called the ProLaunch Axis silver. There does seem to be several places in the aftermarket where people either call it the ProLaunch Silver or call the color of the shaft silver in the specifications.

DB

We have never sold a shaft called the ProLaunch Axis silver. There does seem to be several places in the aftermarket where people either call it the ProLaunch Silver or call the color of the shaft silver in the specifications.

DB

I just got them and the shaft says grafalloy pro launch axis technology R-flex. and the grips say mizuno golf pride. says nothing about silver on the shaft. the color of the shaft near the grip is a silverish or really more like platinum color. Maybe thats what they meant.

the funny thing is they are supposed to be used but every head was shrink wrapped in plastic and not one single mark on them. no matter how hard I look. not a single sign of wear on the grips or heads or any where else. I have no idea how it would happen but I think I got new clubs.

Just picked up the same set 4,5,6h and 7-GW and also came with the Prolaunch shafts. Seeing this thread puts my mind at ease, thanks. Was thinking i got screwed at first, but this shows otherwise.

RockBottom is has a daily deal tomorrow with the JPX-825 (new) and the Grafalloy ProLaunch AXIS Technology R-Flex shafts in them. If the price is right, they are tempting me.

Anybody got any feedback on these shafts - particularly as they compare to the Orochi shafts on the 850?

Back