Local Favorite Restaurants

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
A spin off of JB's chain thread.

What are some of your favorite local "mom and pop" places?

There are a couple I like. Christy's Pizza and Fat Cat's Pizza both are in the Lancaster, Baltimore, Ohio area. Then there's La Rosa's Pizza in Cincinnati that is really good too. I believe they started at Kings Island and then branched out from there to a couple shops.

I'm sure there are few more around that I like just can't think of them right now.

I live in a big restaurant city.
Armani's
Bern's Steak House (largest wine cellar in the world)
Cafe Amaretto
Donatellos
Too many cuban places to name
Samurai Blue Sushi
Flamestone (homemade tableside guac)
Tio Peppes
I could go on and on.

I also forgot BD's Mongolian Grill. That place is great. I love their food. You can only blame yourself if it doesn't turn out. I've learned how to really stack my bowl so I can get the most food in it for the price. :alien2:

Can you tell I'm young and poor? :smile-big:

BD's is a national chain.

BD's is a national chain.

That it is. I'm in the wrong place like usual. It's almost time to go home.

I also forgot BD's Mongolian Grill. That place is great. I love their food. You can only blame yourself if it doesn't turn out. I've learned how to really stack my bowl so I can get the most food in it for the price. :alien2:

Can you tell I'm young and poor? :smile-big:

We go there every two or three weeks (Saturday or Sunday). You learned the secret too huh? You gotta go thru the line backwards so you put the meat on top to smash everything down! Our bowls are stacked as high or higher on the outside as they are on the inside! Then make sure you put your food on the soft shells and get extra rice. I end up with that meal plus lunch at work on Monday and Tuesday whenever we go!

Armani's
Cafe Amaretto
Donatellos
Samurai Blue Sushi
Tio Peppes
I could go on and on.

Hey JB... ever been to Salt Rock on my side of the Bay? We have a new little place called Bowled as well that is really good.

Salt Rock was one I forgot. Excellent place.

Aw geeze, there are so many great restaurants. I'll go through the one's I've been to and liked (there are plenty I can't afford to go to):

In Fort Worth:

Reata - amazing Texas fare

Edelweiss - German food, and a fun place to take the family or a date (singing, dancing, etc)

Angelo's - BBQ. A Fort Worth institution, great stuff, my grandfather used to hunt with the old man that owned it.

The Worthington Hotel - the nicest hotel in Cowtown, their Sunday bruch is to die for.

Dallas :

Campisi's - Italian (duh) The old man was a Dallas gangster back in the 20's and 30's. Rubbed elbows with the likes of Benny Binion, Sid Richardson, Howard Hughes, Clyde Barrow & Bonnie Parker and more.

Gloria's - El Salvadoran food. It's amazing. There are a few locations in the area, but they're still local, and excellent.

Cock & Bull - Not sure how you'd classify this. It's a dive, it's a pub, it's a cigar friendly place; all that with 4 star quality food.

Dancing Marlin - Oddly fresh seafood. By far the best swordfish steak I've ever had.

Austin :

Chuy's - an Austin institution. Great Mexican food, and a great atmosphere. There are now several locations, but the original is the best.

Salt Lick BBQ - ya just gotta go

Stubbs BBQ - again, ya just gotta go

Las Palomas - good Mexican food

Others

Brady: Hard 8 BBQ - good stuff

Gruene: The Gristmill - nothing tastes better after a day of tubing on the river.

Carlos, great mexican food. That's really it for me.

Epic bump.

This is kind of me and bogeyme's thread, but you all can join in!

We have a place here called Longboards, a wrap and bowl place. Kind of Chipotle but grilled tortilla (though you can get it cold and/or ungrilled. Took Jacqui here for the first time tonight. And she liked it, which means we can go back!

http://longboardswrapsandbowls.com/locations.aspx

Epic bump.

This is kind of me and bogeyme's thread, but you all can join in!

We have a place here called Longboards, a wrap and bowl place. Kind of Chipotle but grilled tortilla (though you can get it cold and/or ungrilled. Took Jacqui here for the first time tonight. And she liked it, which means we can go back!

http://longboardswrapsandbowls.com/locations.aspx
That looks pretty interesting. I could see myself liking someplace like this.

There is a couple we frequent:

Trattoria Tulli in Encinitas for Italian.
Las Olas in Cardiff for Mexican.

If I'm looking for seafood then Top of the Market next to the Midway museum in the downtown area.

Armani's
Cafe Amaretto
Donatellos
Samurai Blue Sushi
Tio Peppes
I could go on and on.

Salt Rock Grill
La Teresita
Columbia
Charley's

Las marguritas, best mexican food by far I have had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primo's Pizzeria - They're in the mall food court, but they're the only place around here that makes pizza that looks, feels, and tastes like it came out of a NY pizzeria oven.

La Bamba's Mexican - A family owned restaurant. They have a couple in the city. Best Mexican around, and that's saying something because we have a couple other excellent options.

Where I live, Bay City Michigan my favorite place has to be Fuzion 1 Cafe. It is a sushi place, small mom and pop type place and everything is fresh and rolled right in front of you. Also cant beat the Tuesday deal, take out, buy on get one free. Some of the best sushi I have ever tasted.

Thanks smalls...

In-A-Tub

Wonder if they want to expand to Colorado...healthy is overrated

Jaspers cafe, best burgers in Southern Oregon. Everything you can think of from beef to kangaroo. Amazing.

French Creek Taven

Guppy's

Two small dive places with just great food.

Back