Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically the same. You can see the top layout in this photo:

bstone.png
If that is the same 5 way top as last year's BSG staff stand bag…UGH. On that one, it wasn't a putter well--just a putter loop--and it was TERRIBLE.
bs14-cbg501-i1.jpg

was this it Peter? it looks pretty sharp to me, like a three5 but with a putter well

bs14-cbg501-i1.jpg

was this it Peter? it looks pretty sharp to me, like a three5 but with a putter well
Same layout, but it's hard to tell from that picture if they've enlarged that "loop" into an actual putter well. It looks like they may have.

On last year's model, it was literally a loop. It did not extend down into the bag, so it was just a spot to anchor your putter at the top of the bag. Since it didn't extend down though, the putter shaft/grip would get all tangled with whatever other clubs you put in that top part. Also, if you used anything larger than a 1.0 SuperStroke, the loop wasn't big enough. And when you did use a 1.0, it would get caught on the loop when you pulled the putter out. So it was like a 4 way too with an annoying putter strap in the way.

I loved everything about that bag except the top. How much did I hate the top? I moved on after ONE trip to Indianapolis.

Push cart ... but with anniversary, father's day and birthday coming up, I don't dare. Not yet anyways.

Callaway. The $$ on the B'stone isn't worth it, IMO. Even with how blue it is.

Cally bag. Bstone is awesome but that price difference is silly, and the Cally is effing awesome too.

The price difference is a bit silly, however Bridgestone has a very special place in my brain button thanks to the Morgan Cup last year. While Callaway has been amazing to THP, the direct connection isn't there the way it is for BStone. It's probably the only thing tripping me up right now.

That plus I wish it was a normal six way.

Grips for me. I think Lamkin WrapTechs. I love the tacky feel.

Put in an offer for a 915 D2 driver head on the bay, hope the buyer accepts or off to ponder land again.

XR 6hy, or PM 60*.

this:

$_1.JPG

or this:

bridgestone-tour-model-stand-bag-cbg501-04_083914e1-c406-452f-80a5-9d00c366a97c_grande.jpg

I have had the Callaway bag for a little over a month. I love the bag but a couple of things irk me. I wish it had a designated putter well. One more divider would have been great. The legs on mine have been getting tangled but that could be just mine. Overall I love the bag. A couple of enhancements and it would have been perfect. You can't go wrong with either choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make it happen...

Enabler. :alien: At this point I'm pretty much just waiting on a price from Josh for the head only. He said he'd offer me "wholesale pricing" since I had to wait so long for the fitting but I don't know what that actually is.

Related note, if anyone out there has a Vapor Pro head they don't want anymore, I'll take it off your hands. :D

Last edited:
hah, both stand bags. It's a must for me.

Ahh ok. Bstone didn't look like a stand bag.

Still say Cally though, the money difference is crazy. Like you said, if the price on the Bstone was 20-30% less, it'd be a no brainer.

Put in an offer for a 915 D2 driver head on the bay, hope the buyer accepts or off to ponder land again.

For Project X I assume?

I'm working on getting me a Vapor Pro head for the same reason.

For Project X I assume?

I'm working on getting me a Vapor Pro head for the same reason.

Yeah for the event. He has it for 290 for the head. Its used but in good shape from the pics. I offered 250. Hope accepts soon so I can let JB know ASAP. I think we have a few more days to inform him?

Yeah for the event. He has it for 290 for the head. Its used but in good shape from the pics. I offered 250. Hope accepts soon so I can let JB know ASAP. I think we have a few more days to inform him?

He said last Thursday if it was within the next 2 weeks, we should be fine. So probably have till mid next week.

I really want to buy the head from my fitter since he gave me the fitting for free and I feel he should make SOMETHING from the deal, but he's not very responsive sometimes. Trying to get a price out of him.

At Dicks you can get 2x dozen Top Flight Gamer soft for $35. Has anyone tried these and what would they compare to? I usually play B330RX or Chrome Soft.

At Dicks you can get 2x dozen Top Flight Gamer soft for $35. Has anyone tried these and what would they compare to? I usually play B330RX or Chrome Soft.

I have played the older top flight gamer. I would compare it to a Q-Star. Although I haven't played the new stuff yet

He said last Thursday if it was within the next 2 weeks, we should be fine. So probably have till mid next week.

I really want to buy the head from my fitter since he gave me the fitting for free and I feel he should make SOMETHING from the deal, but he's not very responsive sometimes. Trying to get a price out of him.

$279 for the head, brand new, just got an email back.

If I can get my CMB's sold it'll be green light.

I'm pondering when my set SW is going to get here. I LOVE my PM grind wedge, but I've really struggled from outside 70 yards with it.

Going to the demo day tomorrow with all the golf club reps out on the grass range. Made appointment with the ping rep to check my driver and see if it's the correct one for me. They got a launch monitor and I've been getting a better swing down now that's more consistent so that should help. Going to look at Nike,Callaway, Taylormade and Cobra drivers.

What do most of you think I should look at there? Looking for more forgiveness and distance.

Clicgear 3.5 or Rovic RV1C

hard travel case
smart square TFI
fly-z plus driver

ugh

Pondering going back to a 2-ball putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back