I hate most of the new golf shirts

Lol! I feel the exact same way about polyester.
I like the blends. Give me some wicking. 100% cotton is nice the first time worn. But after the first wash, nightmare. Plus, in heat and humidity, nope. Not for me.

100% cotton is dead, just go ask the cotton industry. Getting killed by the man made and far superior fabrics. 100% cotton good for underwear. thats it.

I like the blends. Give me some wicking. 100% cotton is nice the first time worn. But after the first wash, nightmare. Plus, in heat and humidity, nope. Not for me.

I only wear cotton shirts in the winter or when it's chilly. When you don't care if it keeps you warmer and you know you won't be sweating.

I hate how my shirt can't stay tucked in when I golf, so I play with my shirt untucked even though I prefer the tucked in look.

I like the new shirts material wise. I just wish they'd make them a little bit longer in the torso. I do hate the variance in sizes between brands. It's frustrating sometimes how much different XL can be from brand to brand.

At least those carried by the big box retailers. I feel like we are at a low point for golf fashion. I want a fitted look, but not the clingy material they often use. I feel like the shirts have static cling in the way they hang. I am in pretty decent shape, but at 47 years old, the years start to show.

BTW - I absolutely do not want to go back to the boxy, billowy look of the 90s. Yuck!

Sounds like you need to check out LinkSoul by John Ashworth. They are great shirts and 100% cotton.

http://linksoul.com/Shirts.aspx

ls166_suwa_p.jpg

LOL - I have to agree; the new shirts aren't flattering on this 50-yr old body! I like to find shirts with a bit of texture in them so they don't cling and conform to every contour. Also, I'm not a very hairy guy, but with a new shirt on, every single hair stands out against the material and just does not look good...

Travis Mathew
This, TM is a great blend of high quality cotton and synthetic. Wears and feels similar to cotton, really nice shirts.

This, TM is a great blend of high quality cotton and synthetic. Wears and feels similar to cotton, really nice shirts.

Travis Matthew makes some great shirts. About half of my polo shirts are cotton and the others are synthetic or a synthetic blend. When it's not hot here which is about 9 months out of the year I prefer cotton. When I'm playing in humid climates(everywhere but California and the desert SW) I prefer to wear synthetic. If your looking for fit, Nordstrom offer golf shirts in regular, trim, and super trim fit the ones I have from them are all 100% cotton.

It's not Ashworth. Not at all.

I'm telling you though, listening to what you are describing as wants, you should look at Travis Mathew (blends) and Devereaux (cotton).

Sounds like you need to check out LinkSoul by John Ashworth. They are great shirts and 100% cotton.

ls166_suwa_p.jpg

I actually ordered my first linksoul shirt earlier this week. Looking forward to getting it, although it may take a while for me to get it since I accidentally had it shipped to my old work address :banghead:

Any shirt designated as 'slim fit' "tapered fit" "athletic fit" would probably suit you. I find the UA shirts to be nice in this regard.

~Rock

LOL - I have to agree; the new shirts aren't flattering on this 50-yr old body! I like to find shirts with a bit of texture in them so they don't cling and conform to every contour. Also, I'm not a very hairy guy, but with a new shirt on, every single hair stands out against the material and just does not look good...

Try wearing an UnderArmour type under shirt as a "base layer".

It will make a big difference.

I prefer wicking materials for sure, except in fall/winter/early spring, when I will occasionally wear cotton. As long as it's a good brand, the material is usually quality and not staticky.

My biggest concern is fit. Being thinner and of average height, some companies' Smalls are cut silly huge and long. I've never been able to find an Under Armour or Cutter and Buck polo that fit me right - I think they believe everyone is built like a football player. I've had the best luck with Oakley, Nike, Callaway, and adidas/Ashworth so far.

ls166_suwa_p.jpg
How do these shirts work on the course? I took a flyer on a Linksoul polo during the Fairwaystyles sale, but the design, to me anyway, seems more for off the course.

I golf in them all the time, including time I've spent in FL.

How do these shirts work on the course? I took a flyer on a Linksoul polo during the Fairwaystyles sale, but the design, to me anyway, seems more for off the course.

I only have 1 right now, but I've golfed wearing it a few times and had no issues. I'm 250 pounds and sweat a lot and it didn't bother me. I also golf in an area that is 70%+ humidity most of the time.

I only have one Travis Mathews shirt, but I really like it. Outside of that, most of my Adidas polo's with moisture wicking material work well for me, and most of my Callaway polo's do, too.

It's not the shirts for me, it's the body. If I find a shirt I can get on and not look like a balloon animal or the Michelin Man, I call it a win and move on. Got a few Nike golf shirts that I like, prefer the blends because even I know a fat man in cotton isn't attractive in summer.

I golf in them all the time, including time I've spent in FL.
You still like the Devereaux and Travis Matthew shirts better? I have one Travis Matthew shirt, but it doesn't exactly……fit.

You still like the Devereaux and Travis Matthew shirts better? I have one Travis Matthew shirt, but it doesn't exactly……fit.

Hmm. Tough call. They are all favorites of mine. TM probably wins for me though. I'll say that if you have ....fitting problems, you might enjoy linksoul. They aren't as form fitting as some other brands, but still fall short of being smocks.

Hmm. Tough call. They are all favorites of mine. TM probably wins for me though. I'll say that if you have ....fitting problems, you might enjoy linksoul. They aren't as form fitting as some other brands, but still fall short of being smocks.
Hahahaha. I'm working on that…fit part.

Back