New x2 hot irons came with wrong shaft

mike02

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello,

This is my first post here, been lurking unregistered forever. I just ordered x2 hot irons from golf galaxy and instead of coming with the speed step 85 stiff shaft that I ordered they came with Memphis 10 shafts. I can't find any info on these shafts on the web so I guess my question is are these shafts similar? Should I send them back or just use them and not worry about it? I'm new to the game so I doubt I could even tell the difference.

Hello,

This is my first post here, been lurking unregistered forever. I just ordered x2 hot irons from golf galaxy and instead of coming with the speed step 85 stiff shaft that I ordered they came with Memphis 10 shafts. I can't find any info on these shafts on the web so I guess my question is are these shafts similar? Should I send them back or just use them and not worry about it? I'm new to the game so I doubt I could even tell the difference.

First of all, welcome to THP!

If I remember correctly, I believe Memphis 10 shafts were used years ago by Callaway. I believe they were touted as being uniflex.

Welcome to THP.

I would contact Callaway about it. As a consumer you paid for a certain product and it should be the one you receive. Shipping errors happen it sucks but every company makes a mistake or two when it comes to shipping.

Thanks for the quick reply. I called Calleway and they told me there is nothing they can do and to deal with Golf Galaxy. I called Golf Galaxy customer service and they said that the website must be wrong and that I likely received the shaft that is normally standard, they are going to check with their warehouse and confirm but they pretty much said there was nothing they could do.

Welcome to THP.

I would contact Callaway about it. As a consumer you paid for a certain product and it should be the one you receive. Shipping errors happen it sucks but every company makes a mistake or two when it comes to shipping.

I agree here except I would start with contacting the organization you bought them from, this case being Golf Galaxy. I'm hopeful they will make it right.

I contacted Callaway and they told me to call Golf Galaxy. So I called Golf Galaxy and they told me it was probably a typo on the website and that they would check with their warehouse and see what shaft is in the other sets they have. I get the feeling they will be less than helpful.

If you haven't hit them yet, you should be able to return them to Golf Galaxy no questions asked or exchange them for the clubs you were supposed to get

I haven't heard of the Memphis 10 shaft being used in years. Strange.

That sounds really odd. If you ordered them new from Golf Galaxy, I think I would take them back into a store if possible to exchange them. Having a shaft that to the best of my knowledge Callaway doesn't currently offer makes me concerned that someone has pulled a switcheroo (knockoffs or shafts) with GG that they inadvertantly passed on to you.

I contacted Callaway and they told me to call Golf Galaxy. So I called Golf Galaxy and they told me it was probably a typo on the website and that they would check with their warehouse and see what shaft is in the other sets they have. I get the feeling they will be less than helpful.

A "typo" on their website shouldn't be passed along to you. That just isn't good business, especially when the Speed Step 85 is the stock shaft and the shaft you got isn't even offered by Callaway. If they are less than helpful, I would consider putting on a social media message at them to either get the clubs you thought you were ordering, or a refund to head over to Callaway Pre-Owned that will go above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied.

Do you have a receipt or order form, that lists the shafts you ordered?

If so, you didn't get what you paid for. If GG won't give you a refund, dispute It on your credit card ( if you paid with a card). Then, offer GG the clubs back with a signed return for proof you did return them.

I haven't heard of Memphis 10, since the early 1990's.

Jack

Do you have a receipt or order form, that lists the shafts you ordered?

If so, you didn't get what you paid for. If GG won't give you a refund, dispute It on your credit card ( if you paid with a card). Then, offer GG the clubs back with a signed return for proof you did return them.

I haven't heard of Memphis 10, since the early 1990's.

Jack

The email receipt clearly states speed step 85 stiff flex

I would hold them to it. Or call your credit card company and explain. The card company may have a different way to handle it.

Let us know,

Jack

Back