New Game Golf system

Pardon my skim...I just saw an ad for a Golf Game app for iphone/android. Free download that includes GPS and stat tracking. I just put it on my phone and will be trying it out with my next round. Anyone else have experience with it?

I used it for a quick nine the other day and wasn't impressed. It keeps the phone active, no sleep mode, so the battery didn't last to long. Also even though I tagged every shot, and it vibrated letting me know it accepted it, when I finally was able to upload the round it showed I had a hole in one on the first hole, a part 4 372 yards. I wish!

My biggest complaint was because cell service is hit and miss at my course it froze at the end when I hit the upload button. Even after getting home and connecting to my WiFi it still wouldn't work. Finally had to power off my phone, restart it and then it would let me compete the round.

I'll stick with the Hole 19 app for now until I decided if I want to plunk down the $200 to get the device and tags.

I see GolfSmith has these for $179. It's that the lowest around? Thinking about picking one up.

I got mine off Amazon for $200, so it's pretty close in that price range.

Pardon my skim...I just saw an ad for a Golf Game app for iphone/android. Free download that includes GPS and stat tracking. I just put it on my phone and will be trying it out with my next round. Anyone else have experience with it?
I got frustrated with it around the greens and putting. I stopped using it after a couple holes. It wants to track every single shot.

Yeah, it's a shot tracking system.
Right. With the belt attachment, it's probably not a big deal. I was just pointing out that if you just have the free app, pulling out your phone to mark your position on all your shots on and around green is a bit cumbersome. Particularly, if you're mostly interested in getting your full swing numbers dialed in.

I used it for a quick nine the other day and wasn't impressed. It keeps the phone active, no sleep mode, so the battery didn't last to long. Also even though I tagged every shot, and it vibrated letting me know it accepted it, when I finally was able to upload the round it showed I had a hole in one on the first hole, a part 4 372 yards. I wish!

My biggest complaint was because cell service is hit and miss at my course it froze at the end when I hit the upload button. Even after getting home and connecting to my WiFi it still wouldn't work. Finally had to power off my phone, restart it and then it would let me compete the round.

I'll stick with the Hole 19 app for now until I decided if I want to plunk down the $200 to get the device and tags.

Right. With the belt attachment, it's probably not a big deal. I was just pointing out that if you just have the free app, pulling out your phone to mark your position on all your shots on and around green is a bit cumbersome. Particularly, if you're mostly interested in getting your full swing numbers dialed in.

Yup, battery life and being cumbersome are what my concerns would be as well. I'll give it a try, what the hell...it's free. Thanks for the feedback, guys

For anyone wondering how waterproof the unit is. Very. I accidentally dropped it down the toilet this morning during a round. Pulled it out dried it off and its still functioning.

I am still getting used to the tagging. I have only played 2 rounds with it though. Definitely did better today than the last time at least. The stats and all are sweet.

For anyone wondering how waterproof the unit is. Very. I accidentally dropped it down the toilet this morning during a round. Pulled it out dried it off and its still functioning.
It's sealed (other than the USB port). You should have no issues until that port gets water in it.

I am still getting used to the tagging. I have only played 2 rounds with it though. Definitely did better today than the last time at least. The stats and all are sweet.
Wait until you get more rounds in with it and can see averages and other useful data.

It's sealed (other than the USB port). You should have no issues until that port gets water in it.

That's what I was worried about. But it's all working fine despite its impromptu dunking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like mine, but one course we play it shows a par 3 as a par 4, and a par 4 as a par 5. Score still works out the same just confusing when you go back to edit your round

I like mine, but one course we play it shows a par 3 as a par 4, and a par 4 as a par 5. Score still works out the same just confusing when you go back to edit your round
Contact them with the score card. They're pretty quick about correcting such issues.

I got mine today and have a question. A couple times a week I will go out for what the locals call "a whiskey run", holes 1,2,3,8,&9. If I use the GG how will it know that I'm skipping around on the holes? Do/can I edit the results to show on the actual holes I played?

Contact them with the score card. They're pretty quick about correcting such issues.

Sent them a email stating the problem i was having with a link to the scorecard, 4 hours later they replied saying the problem was fixed. Excellent customer service

I got mine today and have a question. A couple times a week I will go out for what the locals call "a whiskey run", holes 1,2,3,8,&9. If I use the GG how will it know that I'm skipping around on the holes? Do/can I edit the results to show on the actual holes I played?

It will automatically detect which holes you are on based on the GOS system in place. For a while there was a closed hole on a course I play at and it did not record anything for that hole. Scorecard went from #3 to #5. It will even record a hole if you go back and play it again or play if you skipped it earlier. Only issue is if you slice/hook onto another hole, it could record the second shot as part of a new hole.

It will automatically detect which holes you are on based on the GOS system in place. For a while there was a closed hole on a course I play at and it did not record anything for that hole. Scorecard went from #3 to #5. It will even record a hole if you go back and play it again or play if you skipped it earlier. Only issue is if you slice/hook onto another hole, it could record the second shot as part of a new hole.

uh-oh! Guess I better learn to straighten out my tee shots then

uh-oh! Guess I better learn to straighten out my tee shots then
It's easy enough to "fix" after the round, just a bit annoying depending on the number of fairways you cross. :alien:

According to Game Golf these are my current yardage distances for the middle of my bag:

4H: 151 yards (long 189)
5H: 147 yards (long 192)
6Hyron: 144 yards (long 171)
7 iron: 140 yards (long 156)

Talk about tight gaps. Of course that's only with 9.5 rounds but it's pretty indicative of how inconsistently I make contact.

I recently damaged the driver tag and sent an email to Customer Services asking where I can buy spare tags. They responded asking for my shipping address, due to Game Golf not being sold in Thailand or Malaysia they would be sending me a replacement tag free of charge. It arrived today. They really seem to be on their game regarding helping the customer.

Is anyone using the Tags+Phone option?

Looks like you don't need to have the belt attachment anymore if you have an Android phone.

One quirk I noticed in the spring is that there is a muni (27 holes) nearby that is next to a higher end daily fee club, the game golf often doesn't know what 9 or what course I'm on. It's been unusable in that area.

One quirk I noticed in the spring is that there is a muni (27 holes) nearby that is next to a higher end daily fee club, the game golf often doesn't know what 9 or what course I'm on. It's been unusable in that area.

Have you tried emailing them and explaining that? They are quick to respond and helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone using the Tags+Phone option?

Looks like you don't need to have the belt attachment anymore if you have an Android phone.

Tried it today for the first time and couldn't get the tags to work on my Samsung S6. Didn't want to hold the group up so I gave up after the first tee shot. Tried before and after the shot and nothing happened. The phone automatically locks to keep the app from going to sleep, next time will try unlocking it and then tagging.

I have had my golf game now for a couple of months ... and really like it! Sometimes I think I just ripped a drive ... I was surprised learn how short my drives are ...

Back