New Game Golf system

Just did a quick search on ebay and there is a listing for 415 dollars for one. Aren't they like 200 new??

Yeah. Dicks has them on the shelf for $199

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It's a nice system for recording your rounds. Just remember that the GPS it uses is consumer grade GPS. It tracks on a grid and will lock your position to the nearest point on the grid. This means that unless you have overlapping satellite coverage distances can be off up to 10 meters. I will always take my Bushnell measured distances over GPS. On this hole, I'll believe my 5 iron at 175 because it wasn't the most solid shot I've hit with it off the tee, but it's location is a bit off to the left. I hit the shot closer to the cart path but still on the fairway. The Lob wedge however, there is no way I hit that 85 yds. 75 yds, I'll buy because I did overshoot the hole a little, and I was about 5 feet from the flag for my putt, not on the edge of the green.

Birdie%203rd_zpsfjfooniu.jpg

Here's another example where it shows that I cheated. I did not cheat. I did not hit my ball from this location.

GG%20GPS%20recorded%208th_zpslnsr7hbv.jpg

This is the corrected information from editing on my PC after the round.

GG%20corrected%208th%20hole_zpsvi4vssiu.jpg

GG asked me to turn in a service tag for this problem, but I don't really think it will help. There isn't much they can do if there isn't overlapping satellite coverage.

There are places on my course where it does the same thing. It showed me deep in the woods on #6 and in reality, I was just on the edge of the trees.

Just did a quick search on ebay and there is a listing for 415 dollars for one. Aren't they like 200 new??

Yeah, some sellers are ridiculous. There is one seller grandeagleretail or something to that effect that has marked up every golf related item I have ever seen him sell by at least 200%. Sometimes even more. I just laugh and move on.

I have one of these on the way. Should have it friday. Should be interesting to see what I see using it.

Used the app for the 2nd time today under cloudy conditions. I don't know if it is the GPS in the iPhone or the mapping of the course but it was way off. On one hole it had me two fairways over. In fact, several holes were nowhere near accurate in terms of positioning. If what happens with the app is what one can expect from the hardware then there is no way I am putting out the money for it.

Used the app for the 2nd time today under cloudy conditions. I don't know if it is the GPS in the iPhone or the mapping of the course but it was way off. On one hole it had me two fairways over. In fact, several holes were nowhere near accurate in terms of positioning. If what happens with the app is what one can expect from the hardware then there is no way I am putting out the money for it.

I've used the app on my android phone a bit and experienced the same thing, if you sit and watch it you can see the GPS kind of catch up to where you're at. I think this is more a product of my phone's GPS turning off when I've got the screen off then taking a bit longer to reposition when I take it out of my pocket.

The front nine was perfect, but every hole on the back was messed up today.

Hey Phil I use the app on android and I'm starting to learn that when you turn the screen off and on, give your phone like 10-15 seconds to let the GPS turn back on to your location before you tag the shot. See if that will get your more accurate tags.

I think I used it identically on both the front and back but maybe not. I do have the phone set to use GPS even if the app is in the background but I'll try what you suggest TeeJay and see if that makes a difference.

Tracked another round today. What an absurd round for me. I played from the forward tees and only took my irons, wedges and putter out. I left all the woods in the car. I started out hitting everything pretty poorly but actually hit a couple decent 4 irons by the end of it. I had no idea what the score was but knew I wasn't hitting the ball well today. I was very surprised when I saw the score and actually thought it was a mistake but went through it and it was correct. Wedges and putter saved the day.

https://www.gamegolf.com/round/310817

Tracked another round today. What an absurd round for me. I played from the forward tees and only took my irons, wedges and putter out. I left all the woods in the car. I started out hitting everything pretty poorly but actually hit a couple decent 4 irons by the end of it. I had no idea what the score was but knew I wasn't hitting the ball well today. I was very surprised when I saw the score and actually thought it was a mistake but went through it and it was correct. Wedges and putter saved the day.

https://www.gamegolf.com/round/310817

You must have very high standards. 3 over through 9 is a great score! Your Fairways Hit were way up there. Seems like you struggled hitting the greens but got up and down 50% of the time.

I've actually done what you mentioned by playing the forward tees with nothing larger than my 6 iron. My scores improved drastically. It truly is a different game.

You must have very high standards. 3 over through 9 is a great score! Your Fairways Hit were way up there. Seems like you struggled hitting the greens but got up and down 50% of the time.

I've actually done what you mentioned by playing the forward tees with nothing larger than my 6 iron. My scores improved drastically. It truly is a different game.

I was happy with the score. I wasn't happy with 100 yard 4 irons at all. It's easy to hit fairways with those shots.

GIR Challenge posted guys. Why not have some fun with this?

I've joined in, hope to play this afternoon. Have to play Saturday at one of my favorite courses -because it's so hard to score good- Sunday we're receiving four teams of 6 players so no playing. Monday I'm doing my second interview at a possible new employer in the morning, can't really play after that.. Not when I've been gone all weekend and left my wife to take care of our son, on mothersday no less.

I've also joined in on some other challenges by the way, that Bridgestone one, the one from TheSandTrap and I saw another that peeked my interest :)

Hopefully I get to play again before the challenge runs out. The weather isn't looking too good.

For the first time I can remember I am actually winning something, it might due to being the only person to have signed a round so far. :bulgy-eyes:

good luck guys, going to try and get at least 9 holes in today. Hopefully my GIR percentage is high lol

Joined the challenge, though I'm not sure the weather is going to let me get a round in before the weekend, and my weekend is packed. :/

Hopefully I get to play again before the challenge runs out. The weather isn't looking too good.

Ditto...

Played 13 holes, and posted a pretty decent score. Didn't realize it has to be an exact 9 or 18 to register for the challenge. Luckily I have a 9 hole tee time this afternoon, so I should be posting a card today.

Joined the challenge as well. Will be playing 36 this weekend including my first trip to Bethpage Black.

Back